Tried Comp Open Queue

Interestingly, no.

04XPVZ

1 Like

let them enjoy it for those who want it, i don’t think a lot of tank players are switching over to classic competitive anyways.

sure they’ll probably get some non-barrier tank mains because they are tired of hearing that they need to swap to a barrier tank every game.

but outside of that i really think it’s mostly a refuge for dps players who wants to get some decent competition going on while not having to wait forever.

I agree with your point but I believe I said more fair and balanced games

Figure out if your team needs more Sustain, or Burst.
“My TEAM is not doing enough damage” is not an excuse.
Your team not doing the RIGHT damage, or timing that damage- is.
As a DPS, Tank, and Support- you can fix that.

Then swap to a self-healing Tank (Roadhog) or DPS (Soldier, Tracer, or someone with shields like Sym). Or, swap your playstyle and/or character so you need less heals personally. Or secure fights to end faster, that way the team needs less healing overall.

Plenty of CC in the Tank and DPS category. You’ve got me at Speed though. /shrug

So, you’re largely inflexible then.

If you can solve the team-damage problem by going Zen or Mercy and providing Damage Boost, you should be on Support.
If you can solve the Off Tank & Heals option by going Brig, then you should be on Support.
Need more utility so you go Lucio or Baptiste or Brig? Then you should be on Support…

“Flex” players with an attitude like yours, are inflexible. They have certain playstyles for certain heroes, and can not go beyond them.
Look at Carpe. He definitely has heroes he shines with, but he can swap to almost anything.

“Jack of all trades, master of none- but better than a master of one.”

Mutually exclusive.

No, it really just shows your lack of understanding of how to flex within a role, and how the game works as a whole.

People wouldn’t say Brig Zen or Brig Lucio to be viable. But if you swap the composition around to work with it (high mobility, burst damage, quick engagements)- then suddenly, it’s more than fine- it’s META.

And if the argument becomes “well what if my team won’t swap”, then you’re likely SubDiamond, in which case, your team doesn’t matter and can only hold you back to an extent because even with a negative winrate you can climb due to personal performance based SR.

In higher elo games, we still get things like that- but we work around it (see all the 1tricks in T500 and GM), or it’s the extreme minority of our games so it won’t hold us back significantly if we keep playing.

I know I just meant the entire term of fair balanced games is not really heard of in this game with how mmr is a joke with people being a whole 500+ Sr above you can be in your games both in and out of comp.

1 Like

So true. Once played against 2 gm while my team was plat in qpc. Never played qpc again

I’ve played maybe 20 matches in this mode and got a decent team comp in 95% of them.

1 Like

Me too, but I think it might be because of placements. Once the mode settles, we will get a better idea of the future.

Yep that sounds about right. It sucks to see how far down this game has gone from what it used to be.

Honestly the only thing that can be compared to how far this game has fallen is to compare it to how terrible trump is at business lol.

1 Like

It… Doesn’t…

What even makes you think that?

The queue times are basically instant for QP classic as opposed to 10 minutes. What more do you want?

I am absolutely loving Open Queue, solo healing makes me feel like the star of the game and the glue that keeps everyone together. I love the more action oriented play this mode brings and things feel lethal again.
Really loving it, I’m so happy to show my support skills again! Even though in GM most people play 222 still, people switch alot from different roles and it brings an interesting dynamic. Players arent just a “tank main” or “dps main” people are switching from character to character, and I love seeing Flex play be alive again. Thankyou for open role queue❤

1 Like

my teams in classic qp for the last several months and in the role-less competitive games I have played thus far have featured 4 or more dps players once in every twelve games or so

Im sure a few will, but thats not a big deal either way since there are already so many tanks playing in qp classic , and I figure many of those will play what is essentially the competitive rough equivalent to qp classic

1 Like

oh? that’s interesting, i wonder if that’s a region thing or something.
because i rarely see them there.

but i do see the point if there are tanks in classic quickplay, you’d assume some would transfer to classic competitive because they might like that game format better.

It is not an excuse but an observation. Something I have become quite good at as a flex player.

Yes, sometimes its the timing of that damage. Which can be fixed various different ways. As a tank provided there is nothing on the enemy team keeping tanks suppressed, As a dps provided the existing tanks are making space, or as a support provided the dps are hitting their mark and tanks are making space.

A flex player looks at each situation (because each situation is unique) and chooses the appropriate hero and role for the job based on all these variables. You over simplify and overlook the fact that there is often more then ONE obstacle and you often need a choice that can help in each or at least most.

Absolutely not. Flexible is being able to swap to the hero that IS needed.

Nothing to do with style but everything to do with observing the variables and win conditions of a match. Which vary wildly.

Disagreed.

I’m not those people.

1 Like

That is not at all what that means lmao. Just because you’ll “sometimes” get 2-2-2 if it isn’t forced doesn’t mean you should remove role queue lol, otherwise, we would’ve never needed role queue in the first place. Ranked was AWFUL before role queue. Constant 3-5 DPS games with very rarely easy 2-2-2. It was almost always pulling teeth getting 2 tanks and 2 healers. If you claim otherwise you were playing a different game

Considering we’ve had role queue for the better part of a year now it’s not surprising people are more inclined to play 2-2-2. It’s almost like they had to be woken up to it

1 Like

People need to be more creative. I just queued a game and we ran a 3/3 with good results.

Had a lil fun on defense as well… Ended up with this h ttps://imgur.com/a/vHiJpTF

Maybe not :wink:

20 char

Done!!!