Uninstalled Today

interesting theory, but no

all of those 500 are for example also playing it

I hated that most of my matches started with DPS instalockers trying to bully others to play tank and/or support. If they didn’t bully immediately they started it after the first team fight. The new OQ might be different because it is played by those who want to play OQ.

If Blizzard removes one of these queues it’ll probably be OQ. RQ has been more popular in most regions. In the previous season I played a few OQ matches that were a mix of plats, diamonds and top500 players. The situation has always been much better in RQ.

I dont know of any valid data that supports that claim

We don’t have “valid data” but there are clues. OP is asking for the removal of a queue to avoid splitting the playerbase. Be careful what you wish for. You might end up without an OQ.

the statement I quoted in my previous post was stated as if it were fact

it isn’t supported by available valid data

The only official data I have ever seen is this chart:

This isn’t a lot but it’s something. I’m a plat player. Why does the matchmaker want to group me up with diamonds and top500 players? What could be the reason for the huge SR spread in open queue?

A muted player is a player I have to have on my team who I can’t communicate with, and communication is a key element of the game. I honestly don’t care about more skilled teammates, I care about enjoyable teammates. The player rating system combined with the form-your-own-group system was an attempt to make this possible, but the group system is so little used that it’s hard to get a team together in a reasonable time.

I’d be happy if I could just queue with a filter like those we get with the groups. “Mystery Heroes with anybody 2+.” Heck, I’d even play games without filters to get credits for games with filters, because I recognize new players need teammates too. Or maybe start new players at a rating of 2.

There are many approaches. But a game that constantly exposes its users to that fraction of the player population that delights in angering other people has forgotten what a game is for.

1 Like

That data has been brought up almost any time there is a discussion of the relative popularity of the modes…but that data isn’t preference/popularity data, it is usage data. Usage and popularity are two completely different measures, measured in two completely different ways. so this is apples to oranges. there are many other issues with using this data to support the claim that was made, but the apples to oranges comparison aspect is the biggest of the problems

This is why I initially didn’t bring up that data. Because it is only a clue.

What do you think about the huge SR spread? Should we group plat players with top500?

but the original statement I replied to was stated as if it were fact…

But this doesn’t answer the question you replied to. :joy:

The huge SR spread is very likely to be the result of low player count. Do you have any alternative explanations?

It’s not the games fault players are angry, it’s not like the game is insulting you or randomly reversing your controls to in intentionally piss you off. If you go to training mode and play vs AI you can clearly see that the game itself does nothing to intentionally make you mad, but as soon as you replace the AI with actual players, then it gets frustrating. The point being it is strictly the fault of the community for the anger and toxicity. Unless you count the fact that you are able to lose as a factor but in that case you probably aren’t fit to play any game or live life for that matter as wining/losing exists almost everywhere.

yeah agree. never fix matchmaking since years. getting trashtalked by stupids in group in voice chat while carrying them, happen at least 7 or 8 every 10 games i dont really care if they trashtalked if they play good, but no. 8 over10 times, im just sitting trying hard to carry these crap. that doesnt even coomunicate positively. its not fun at all. OW2? lmao. what a clown.

because it based heavily on teamwork not KDA. HEAVILY. and 90% of the players dont realize it. most of them dont play the objective. imagine trying to be positive, fun or tryhard. but still has to depend of the stupids that doesnt even try to play the objective. stressful right. its like going nowhere for 7 minutes and they didnt even join voice chat or read chat. r

I appreciate all the supportive posts on here, as I expected to come back on here and see how much I got blasted after a couple of days. I don’t know exactly what it is about OW that makes it so easy for myself and others to get frustrated to the point of being horrible to others. Some of it is no doubt inherent in this “hero shooter” type game.

I’ve played Halo: MCC competitive recently and I don’t experience even close to the same level of frustration, even when getting utterly dominated, even with leavers, even with afk people on my team. The main difference I’ve noticed on there is that no one talks. No one types in chat.

In OW I avoided VC for the most part because I either found it distracting or triggering. I never noticed that it helped my play in the long run. The things that typically set me off was toxicity from people demanding I join VC or toxicity from players demanding that someone else switch. On occasion, I also became one of those toxic players asking someone else to switch or berating another player for something I thought they should have done. I was muted a couple of times, and banned for a week once, definitely deservedly so. I’m fully aware that a lot of this is ON ME.

I attempted to utilize things like blocking and avoiding, and sure they help temporarily. I just feel like there are some major root issues with the game that could be looked at to ease some of the tension that naturally exists in the game. Some of it is game modes themselves. Some of it is as fundamental as match length. You toil away for 20 minutes feeling like you do your best, only to see that SR number go down, many times feeling like it wasn’t your fault the team lost. Are matches too long? Is OT too generous? Some of it is as fundamental as team SIZE. Would OW be better as a 4v4 with 1-2-1? IDK. All of the same issues would be there, but you could remove a couple of the human variables. Medals being visible throughout the match could maybe go away? Straight up don’t allow people to utilize text chat unless they are dead? It just seems like OW is in a drastic place with its community’s treatment of one another, so maybe drastic measures are needed.

I get all the arguments about communication being necessary in a team game. Great. Communicate away. With people you know. In Discord. Use the OW discord if you are that serious about the game that you must put together a team and have constant communication. People that lose their minds over VC don’t utilize the LFG function in game where they could find a group that requires VC.

I guess ultimately OW expects too much out of its players. It puts so much of the burden of making the experience enjoyable ON THEM. So much of the community expects too much of other players just random queueing solo/partnered, myself included. People shouldn’t expect immaculate communication in low SR matches. I shouldn’t expect amazing positioning knowledge out of my tanks when I am a silver DPS. I should learn to not equate winning with enjoyment so much in OW.

I guess the reason I am still here typing is because I do care because I love the gameplay. I love the heroes. I love the IDEA of a hero shooter in this style. I love so much about it, so it hurts me that it turns me and my friends and so many others SO sour. I scoffed at the idea of PvE OW, but maybe it could be a great thing, IDK. I say I won’t be back, but maybe I’ll be in a better state of mind about it one day and things will change. Either way, I wish everyone the best.

Unless the game was turned into a single player game, nothing would help with toxicity. Even if it was locked down to a co-op pve only game… it would still find toxicity.

6v6, 12 people, in a bid to kill each other, will not end well in any game from any dev from any company.

PvP/Competition will always house toxicity.

Take it from a guy who’s been online gaming for 3 decades.

1 Like

See you in game next week :smiley::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

Have a good one man. Just know that you owe no one an explanation, if you feel that later on you wanna come back, you do it.

In the mean time go enjoy other good games.

man why you so sensitive?
do the devs need to protect your feelings? and everyone feelings? its online game get a grip don’t care so much about what players say let them scream and whine for ever and be cool and calm

Some people arent able to do this

“just be cool and calm all the time” is extremely easy to say in this bubble we are on rn

I commend OP for taking an action that he belives will improve his life.