Flex Que needs to go

Just get rid of Role Queue. It’s the only solution that’ll fix this mess.

3 Likes

You are giving gold/plat players benefit of the doubt. Obviously they know if you lose, you gain less. That doesn’t mean that theyre intentionally throwing. They just dont know how to play tank/support and think they can do what they usually do. They dont know anything and they will probably not spend the time to learn these roles.

There’s just no way to fix Role Queue.

Open Queue is the way.

3 Likes

I know of no valid data that supports this claim

can you provide me with a link to some supporting data?

People who throw to get passes don’t care at all about their SR on offroles

I think they mean by looking at how popular the new open Q mode is.
I prefer that one too, but I keep playing roleQ in the end, because it is more competitive (people are tryharding more there and matches are more competitive).

Korea likes it. NA not so much.

1 Like

Well, the mode was hidden in arcade when that statistic was made.
Also, as I said, the community (e.g streamers) kinda decided to make roleQ the main mode, so even players like me, who favour openQ, end up playing roleQ.

1 Like

It will be better in the long run

“Hidden?” Are you kidding? The Koreans had no trouble “finding” it there.

NA players are too selfish, so every game spirals into 6 DPS on the losing side.

1 Like

tbh
I have a lot of 2-2-2 in OpenQ
so either I always end up on the winning side, or I am just lucky every season with my 50+ games there

1 Like

Yup.

gold rank and above selfishness slowly starts getting better and starts disappear somewhere in the plat range. I did play a plat game where there was a bit of resistance to go healer though.

Aside from that it’s the only competitive mode which players actually don’t get mad at you if you go Brig. Also in the lower levels You could take advantage of that selfishness by going healer yourself.

1 Like

It happens in diamond but ok.

NO

Well that sucks but your complaint shoul be directed towards the player community not asking to remove a game mode.

1 Like

I’ve never suggested any game mode be removed. You must have me confused with someone else.

You’re right lol my bad, thought you were the OP.

It’s called flex because you flex to what the matchmaker needs to set the game up, i guess

:man_shrugging: I personally like actually “flexing”, especially by having specialized responses to a situation that aren’t limited to a role. Other team have a Pharah? Time to go to D.va. Other team got a Reaper or Doom? Lucio to boop them away from targets. Other team have a Ball and Dva diving us well? Sombra time. Calling it “flex queue” feels like a betrayal of the practice. Dramatic phrasing yes but it’s like someone saying “we’re playing dive” just because they picked dive heroes without actually knowing what they’re doing, maybe even functionally playing brawl with dive heroes.

The most accurate description of the system would be “fill queue” if anything. Since to me there’s a distinct difference between “flexing” and “filling”. People who would “fill” usually would just pick their hero last and fill on what role was needed the most, generally sticking to that hero/role for the entire match. Where as people who would “flex” would bounce between roles as need to either best deal with the other team’s comp or to synergize with what their team was trying to do. People actually “flexing” work really well when put together as they don’t play around roles as much as they do hero combinations and interactions. While people who “fill” usually just check a box of “we have x role now my job is done I will play role”.

I played on a couple tournament teams where the focus was building and planning around us actually flexing and it worked really well. We didn’t have overarching labels as “I’m the main tank and you’re the hitscan player” no matter what. We had plans for each map based on the 5-7 heroes we each played best and based comps/plans based on what map/phase of the map we were on and what the opponent was running. There was always an initial comp we had at the start of each map because that was what we determined worked best with our hero pool on that map. Usually changing up a couple heroes to alternatives after the first fight based on what the other team was running/what stopped us, if we didn’t just steamroll for some reason of course (after all why fix what isn’t broken).

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk. (Probably could say more but it’ll just become rambling even more than it is now.)

EDIT: Apparently this is what my brain devolves into at 4am.

3 Likes

This was before they put it next to the role queue tab
https://i.redd.it/j126wzo47at41.png