Is Role Queue still necessary?

No it isn’t. There is no need to remove any mode, therefore this topic is unnecessary. I repeat, trying to remove any mode whatsoever would be despicable.

Since they are not band aiding anything then your argument becomes invalid.

You want to take away someone’s enjoyment of the game for no reason, that is your argument. And the worst part is that it is completely unnecessary, so yes, it is in fact pointless.

False, it is the exact same thing.

That is irrelevant, the mode is the exact same.

I know of it and it is factual.

You are free to believe that, but there is no need to remove it when OQ is right there for you to play.

Yes it is, because it is an extra mode that is unnecessary for the game as RQ is the main mode now.

They are not delaying anything, that is just speculation on your part.

It never worked which is why they implemented RQ.

Because it never worked in the first place.

They aren’t fixing anything, they are refining the system, making it better, which is something that can’t be done with OQ as it never really worked.

I see no use in continuing what might seem to some like a conversation

I have presented obvious truths, like classic qp being in a different game selection menu than 222 qp, and the response is that the truth presented is a lie, when it clearly isnt

as such, I won’t be responding further

1 Like

You presented only falsehoods.

are you kidding? No one plays open queue because it is significantly worse than role queue. The release of Open Q actually proved role queue is 100x better due to simple demand

1 Like

not at all

I play role-less queue

Hulk plays role-less queue

Many other folks have stated on these forums that they play role-less queue

I played some role-less queue games earlier today and it seems there were players on my team and on the red team playing role-less queue as well.

Queuing was also rapid, indicating a lot of folks were ready to play role-less queue mode

this statement, tho stated as a fact, is an opinion…one that I and many others who have stated their opinion of the two queuing methods disagrees with

I know of no valid data that supports the claim of a 100x greater demand for 222 vs role-less queue mode

1 Like

Until you can provide anything that isn’t 100% speculation i see no reason to believe that the usage has changed significantly.

Do you think that the DEVs only checked once? They have to keep checking what people enjoy and don’t enjoy on a regular basis. If OQ really was the most played version of comp across all regions they would make changes but they haven’t.

If anything OQ comp being on the main comp card should be telling that it is infact not the most played, because again. If it was, the DEVs would have done something about it.[quote=“Megadodo-11847, post:428, topic:586085”]
since it was the first day it was even available, many werent even aware it existed
[/quote]

You keep using the word “many”, do you have an estimate of what percentage of the playerbase that might be? It’s obviously going to be a guess but I’d be interested in knowing what exactly you think it is.

I haven’t gone back to check, but I’m fairly sure that it was said in both the DEV update and in the patch notes.

There are going to be people who check neither of course.

This again.
You realize that not even QP or Comp is on the main screen right? You have to click play or whatever first to even get to those cards where they all are.

That being said, there is an incentive to play arcade because of the weekly free lootboxes, I’d bet that “many” would play that at least for those.

I really don’t know why they don’t do the same thing with qp tbh… My only guess is because most people prefer playing qp for casualty so they don’t really care or would prefer to go open queue.

But I still think that at least esthetically they should have open queue and role queue for qp as well…

1 Like

it is upon the person making a claim to support their claim

I made no claims about usage or popularity in any of my statements

the only such claims were in the statements of others

I personally prefer to base conclusions on valid data, but to each their own

I think its a reasonable assumption at data is collected regularly on usage

I dont think its a reasonable assumption that attitudinal/popularity data is collected

Assuming that either of these two different types of data are being collected, I don’t believe they’ve ever made such data available to the general public other than the usage data for a single day that we’ve already discussed

I don’t think thats a fair or reasonable assumption

the decision to not make a change to one part of the product may be because other changes - such as fixing the many severe problems 222 has added to the game, or coding OW2, or getting seasonal event stuff ready - take priority.

as with anything in life, if one has more things to do than can get done, which is where Blizzard is with OW, once has to choose what to do and what to leave til later

this isn’t related to what I was speaking of in the quote from me above, and as such, I don’t understand the statement being made here

I stated “many”

I stand by what I stated

There are many folks who never engage with any documentation outside of the game itself. They dont use the forums, they dont read announcements on the website, etc etc etc. If they dont normally use the arcade, they wouldnt have any reason to go there to check to see if there is a new mode to play.

Yes, as it is important to mention when folks attempt to compare usage data for main menu items versus sub menu items.

Apples to orange.

Since folks continue to try to use the single-day data where this was the case, yes, I have to keep explaining why that data isnt applicable

same claim results in same response

For 222 modes, both are accessed from the main game selection screen

Not so in the case of role-less queue, especially on the day the data in question was pulled

do all players want these bonus lootboxes? i have heard many players say they have thousands of coins and dozens of unopened lootboxes

did all players go to the arcade and check what was there before deciding what game mode to play on the exact day when the data was pulled?

1 Like

And the available data has been provided, you know that there is nothing else as of now.

The data is valid as a snapshot for that day, is it likely that it has changed? Yes, is it likely that it has changed that role queue is no longer necessary? To me that’s unlikely but that’s what you are arguing yes?

To my knowledge blizzard don’t use polls much. If people enjoy OQ while actively disliking 222 I see no reason why they would force themselves to play 222 when the other option is available.

This is based on the assumption that removing 222 requires a lot of time to do. Severe problems, what exactly are those? There is queue times and there’s balance, the latter which is a constant challenge and is one of the main reasons why 222 exists. If things were perfect on day 1 there would be no patch notes.
The problems with OQ that caused 222 still exist and they will always exist, nothing has changed on that front, which is why RQ is still necessary.

Considering that Comp and QP based on the stats they provided are the most played modes, I think it’s fair to assume that making sure people are happy with those is a high priority.

How is it not? Your argument is based on OQ not being popular simply because an undisclosed amount of people didn’t know it existed in arcade. Surely with it being on the main comp card people are aware that it exists and if ti was the prefered mode of the community, then most people would be playing it which in my opinion would have caused a response from the DEVs.

Yes, which is why your argument isn’t valid, it’s pure speculation. “Many” is relative, 1 million is many however if it’s out of 10 million it’s not in comparison.
For the many to matter it has to be close to an equal part or the majority.

Again, your many could just as easily be a small minority.

Like I said, the data we have is a snapshot of a day. It has some validity as opposed to speculation which has none. You have no idea how many people your argument is based on and you have no idea of providing any proof of it. At this point, the burden of proof is on you. If you want to keep speculating you are free to do so, but it’s a discussion that leads to nowhere. Nothing to gain from it.

Speculations again, do you not see how this leads to nothing, you keep asking questions you know can’t be answered and use those as the crux of your argument.

Beggars can’t be choosers.

I’d like to end the discussion at this point with my final argument for the OP as this discussion we are having is an endless loop of endless madness and arguing for the sake of arguing.

Yes RQ is still necessary because the things that made it necessary in the first place like, inconsistent match experience (on many levels) and balance still exist in the format and nothing has been done to change that in the slightest. “Solutions” like grouping is not universal due to restrictions based on rank. Nothing about OQ is different now compared to before as nothing has been done to improve the match quality. GOATs is not the sole reason to why 222 exists, and even if that comp isn’t the best in OQ now, the problem that it represents can still occur at any time in OQ.

2 Likes

the data provided doesn’t support the claim

bad data doesnt become good data simply because it is the only data available

yes, it is likely

222 has never been necessary

Thousands upon thousands of players have played this game in roleless queue modes without issue

They did it before 222 was inflicted upon the game

They did it when role-less queue mode was reintroduced to the game by popular demand

they’re doing so now, as I write this and as you red this

they will continue to do so as long as role-less queue mode is available to be played

they’ve sent out a few surveys that people have talked about, but generally not

for the bribes

because friends want to play it

for the extra comp points

etc etc etc

the most well known of them is the excessive queuing times

not at all

222 was inflicted on all of us players due to a ticket selling issue in OWL.

It could have been added to OWL only, but sadly it infested the game for all of us

those single day stats do not support the argument that those are the most played modes

It isn’t pure speculation at all

Many people do play role-less queue modes

not at all

it is Blizzards decision on how many matter, and it was Blizzards decision that there was enough interest in role-less queue mode to have it return

and it did, albeit not completely to this point, and in stages.

But return it did

it has no validity whatsoever based on the apples to oranges comparison alone, not to mention the other reasons

not at all

the claim was made by the OP and certain other forum members

the burden lies with them

again, 222 was never and is not now necessary

many people are playing non-222 mode games without any problems at all

if 222 were necessary, those players would not be able to play those games

1 Like

Necessity is based on what the majority wants, the majority wanted more consistent experience and balancing when you don’t know what kind of comp people will use and if that comp even consists of all roles was proven to be too difficult. If you have some tinfoil theory as to why they made it then go ahead, I probably won’t be reading it.

Again, those problems have no changed which is why RQ is still necessary.

The people who play the other mode fine can continue to do so, there is no problem to be solved here, time to move on.

I didn’t read the rest of your post.

1 Like

Yup. It’s necessary. And it’s one of the best features Blizzard ever implemented. Without it, every match becomes a 5 DPS clown fest, where everyone disappears like a fart in the wind, visiting the 4 corners of the map for a cheeky POTG.

The only thing I’ve learned from it is that you can’t rely on any one portion of your team to do their job, consistently. You may luck out and get a healer that heals, but you may not. You never know.

It absolutely sucks to be in any category, any role, and see how you could be swapping to something else and making up for your crappy healers, tanks or dps, but you can’t, and so you’re just stuck doing what isn’t working with this dead weight strapped to your team dragging you all down.

Honestly the only thing I learned is that Blizzard will take the easiest, cheapest, shortest route out of a problem these days rather than investing any time or money into something that makes them gobs of money for free. It’s sad, honestly. A good Guild system or a more refined game selection system and we’d be better off by a long shot, instead we have 234 game modes plus the workshop and not enough players to go around for virtually any of them it seems.

Role Queue is ‘necessary’ only because Blizzard won’t do the better options that would solve the problem it ‘solves’, and players like it because it lets them get reliable team comps even if it means limiting the amount of personal control they can put on every match as individual players. That’s not something I like, personally, and I think it’s crap

1 Like

The statement you identified was facts. You were wrong. Console players are PHYSICALLY unable to react as fast to aim due to the linear nature of a console controller - they turn at a set max speed. PC players with mice can react with higher speed, accuracy, efficiency and no effective max speed. That’s not console shaming, that’s just reality.

Playing both means i understand both. You do not.

Please, quote where you addressed these questions:
OQ was basically unbalancable for the reasons i stated. You have not addressed the reasons i stated, so i’m going to assume you agree with them?

What is your list of problems with 222?

3 Likes

Are you suggesting that Dodo lied when he said that quick play classic is in the arcade and not side-by-side regular quick play under the main card?

people fearmonger “5dps” in open queue, but it almost never happens in reality, atleast not in plat-diamond for me

2 Likes

as someone who never stopped playing QPC (i literally ONLY play classic anymore. i played role queue less than 30 times over the past 2 years), my answer is No, role queue isnt necessary

i like being able to switch off tank and go into Mei when the enemy Reaper is hard countering me.
if i was forced to play tank into a Reaper in role queue i think i’d rather just slit my throat tbh
thats why i dont play role queue. you cant really counter heroes who are doing well off of you. you just sit there and either feed them so they do better or sit in spawn so they cant take advantage of you but then youre throwing

4 Likes

He or she claims that the modes are not the same as before which is factually false.

I wouldn’t mind if they went with the old queue and just put a cap of 2 of each role. We’d get:

• Better queue times, especially for dps players
  • You can change roles mid way through a game
  • None of that triple support/tank garbage

The only downside I can think of is the lack of consistently getting a healer/tank on your team, which might still be an issue.

1 Like

I’m also in the minority who also thinks role que did nothing to improve games. Now if a certain category is underperforming (tank,healer,dps) you’re screwed because you can’t switch to make up for low dps, healers not healing, or tanks not making space or pushing.

2 Likes