Kirkiko ALREADY shows the problem with hero locks

You cant be serious…

Oh yea nvm i remember this game is dead on arrival

It’s not pay to win though. She’ll be available to EVERYONE. Show me ONE PLACE they said she’s not available to everyone. Show me.

I bet you can’t

??? I don’t need to show you anything, go read the dev post. Yes, heroes will be available for money in the cash shop after the opportunity to grind has passed. Both grinding for heroes and paying for heroes is unacceptable with a game design like Overwatch’s.

4 Likes

As all people who can’t back up their claims say.

I read the dev post and there is NOWHERE where it says that it’s locking characters behind a pay wall. All the paying does is unlock said character EARLY for people. EVERYONE WILL GET THE CHANCE TO GET THE HERO.

So again, you’re taking a concept to it’s evil path to further your own narrative, and get people mad, for no real reason other than to fill your narrative and negativity.

This community does not need people like you.

Good day sir.

1 Like

Read. [20 characters]

2 Likes

Apologies for responding on a week old post, but for anyone still reading this, this is completely false.

Jeff Kaplan himself shared the gameplay stats with the community a while back… between 60-80% of all playtime is just quick play and ranked modes. With Nintendo Switch towards the 60%, and PC towards the 80%.

While I see what you’re saying, that’s one day and it’s percents across region/system

China, the largest region, is less than 45% playtime in QP and Ranked

NA and EU are around 67% and 57% respectively

But everything else is close to 50%

If you want to know universal numbers it’d be better to get active users at the time of the statement and recalculate those numbers.

I included the arcade ranked open queue stat as ranked, since there’s no way they’re not going to lock heroes in that mode. If the mode makes it into OW2.

Either way, it’s laughable to posit that the main game modes comprise the minority of the playtime.

But sure, it’d be great to get updated numbers.

I’ve been burned already, so I’m waiting to see. We don’t have any confirmation, but I hope that’s the case.

I agree overall if we’re talking about playtime distribution across individual modes. I’m just hoping open queue remains a main mode.

1 Like

Yeah, after the first set of hero locks are what I face. I am calling it quits from overwatch.

If custom games are still a thing in #2. We should ban the heroes that are behind PAYWALLS and have original overwatch :rofl:

It is in fact pay to win.
She’ll be available INSTANTLY to everyone who paid for OW1, the Watchpoint pack or just the battlepass, or any newcomers who grind for hours or wait several months for them to be available in quicker challenges.
The next hero will be available INSTANTLY to those who bought the Watchpoint pack or just the season 2 battlepass, and those who don’t pay can grind for hours or wait several months for them to be available in quicker challenges.

1 Like

Let us first define what pay 2 win means. Here’s my take:
“Pay 2 Win. In Online games, the practice of buying in-game items/services that give a player an advantage over others”
Seems fair as far as a definition goes, no?

Now for Overwatch 2!

Can you pay to acquire the new hero before a non-paying customer would be able to acquire it?
Yes.
Does having more time on a character provide you with a greater well of knowledge about how the character operates and what its strengths and weaknesses are?
I’d say so. I think most people would agree too.

Now let us put these two together.
A paying customer has Kiriko day 1 while a “playing” customer may have Kiriko unlocked week 2 or anywhere between 2 and infinity.
Is there a gap between 1 day and the end of the universe? I’d say so.
The paying customer may just have had some time to get better at this character than the playing one.

It’s pay 2 win you troglodyte

2 Likes

I think having new heroes be unlocked is fine. But having it be on level 55 feels way too steep.

1 Like

No, it’s not. Because pay to win in most instances, means you INSTANTLY have a leg up on EVERYONE ELSE. Which no, you don’t in your own words…

The part of that right there, TIME, does not come with the purchase, so NO, it’s not pay to win… because you’re not INSTANTLY BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. It takes time to learn a hero, which you JUST SAID.

It objectively is.

yes it does, you have more time to play as kiriko before she’s available in comp. You paid for time with the hero. Pay 2 win.

1 Like

But… it’s not instant. You don’t get good right away, so therefore, it’s not pay to win. Otherwise, you’d be winning every game, without the skill. Learn how the phrases go before you use them. Because you have no idea the history of the phrase. Pay to win refers to being able to instantly win a game, FOR PAYING FOR SOMETHING. Time is not involed. Skill is not involved… So even if you get the hero, it’s not instant wins…

That’s what pay to win in considered. You pay for it, you instantly win ALL GAMES. This isn’t rocket science.

In the time that you ‘‘learn’’ the character, guess what? Others would have EARNED the character.

Or here’s a thing, SHES ONLY LOCKED OUT OF COMPETITIVE…

Not locked in quickplay. So therefore, learn to play the character there first?!? Or does that not make sense?

You clearly do not understand what pay 2 win is nor understand the value in having more time to get aquainted with a character.

Thanks and good bye.

2 Likes

You don’t need to cleanse anti-heal to beat junker though…it’s just bad now cas alot of people havent played against her and just stack as five and let her tag all of them for free. Using elevations and off-angles are really effective vs her and shut her down regardless of comp.

Cleanse is situational, only effects a hand full of abilities. has a longer cooldown then most abilities that can apply such. Or is ana’s case has two separate status effects ready to use.

If you see a kirko pressure her till she pops the suzu, then use all your ults.

Kirko most likely will need tuning, but the ability it’s self isn’t much of an issue.

it’s primarily something people need to learn to play around like lamp/or/nade/or discord.

So instead of getting good with her play something else you dont want to play… genius… every hero you start somewhere

1 Like