Stop wasting resources on FFA

Dedicated maps are far more engaging

3 Likes

TDM isn’t FFA.

And yes, FFA is popular enough to justify it. It’s up there with MH.

So because a fringe group of FFA/TDD people enjoy them slightly more The OW team should dedicate maps that only 10% of the population will use? That’s such an inefficient use of resources.

Correct, you can actually see Shimada Castle (2nd point on Hanamura) from Kanezaka.

To OP: Yeah your complaint is valid and I would have picked a QP/Competitive map over a DM map for sure but there are still some pluses… you can visit the map while in a queue. It’s also just really pretty and I enjoy getting lost there and exploring. Feels different every time lol

Can you substantiate your 10% statistic?

Also you’re ignoring

I was wrong, its 3%.

I think there is a dev post somewhere which talks about it, and you pretty much nailed it. Iirc one of the newer guys made the rough version in his off hours (just the rough, though).

Hey better than I thought, but that’s very old data

You still are putting your own wants over others. Doing something you don’t like isn’t a waste of time.

1 Like

I never said they can’t make FFA maps. Said that the maps they make should be playable in more than just FFA.

Also you say my wants, but what I want the OW community overwhelming wants.

It was pretty much just a new dev making a map for practice. So no really didn’t take a ton of resources.

That requires 3x as much map area, significantly more debugging, and in the end its still significantly worse to play on.

1 Like

That’s like saying all 2cp maps need to also be control maps.

It’s completely unrealistic

You think a lot of your opinions.

1 Like

Considering there’s a near 20 times return in people that will experience the map and its infinitely less productive to half produce the maps like they have been.

My opinion has statistics to back up that its not just me.

You have stats that show that making FFA maps is a waste of resources?

Please, do share.

I already linked them to you.

It takes more than 20x the effort, for potentially far less than 20x the return, considering that people absolutely loathe Horizon, Paris, and Havana, which are arguably negatives at this point.

4 Likes

You linked me nothing that shows it’s a waste of resources.

If only 3% of people play FFA, and 70% play the main game, I fail to gleam anything else.

3% of 10 million is 300,000 people. If we assume half are alts 150,000. That’s a lot of people.

1 Like

Added a link showing that FFA is 3% of OW matches to the original post. Saying its popular is wildly inaccurate.