Blizzard is Apparently Considering Splitting Comp into Two Playlists

You do realize that given the problems of Open 6-stack, the game was losing players regardless…

That only means they’ll have to balance the game around one of the competitive queues and my bet is gonna go to the role queue.

So did Blizzard completely give up on trying to balance the game then?

This is a rumor, not fact that this person tweeted. Honestly, its a stupid decision to have both. One, or the other, but not both. The endless balance issues, misunderstandings on characters, ugh… its a nightmare.

It was, but then you just kick 10% of them out, then more with queue times. It’s still a net bigger loss.

And in terms of the year or more of resources they threw at making role queue, that’s not a resounding success.

It is a fact. They are considering it.

I can see them doing it. This game has a serious lack of direction, has been for quite a long time.

It sounds to me like Blizz is realizing that 2-2-2 should have only ever existed for OWL, and maybe as a new Arcade mode. Not this blanket all-across-the-board change in team formation they had been marketing.

Firstly, from the forums:

302 total respondents. That’s more than enough respondents for an accurate sample size relative to the total forum population.

Secondly, from Reddit:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeg1vGx756M0XwpzUFhfSUZqBA3y-2Khm7xe7o7vqLtRz9bbg/viewanalytics

1572 respondents - once again more than enough for a representative sample.

As such I believe there’s more than sufficient data to support my claim.

Oh I didn’t deny they might do it, its stupid as hell a decision though. Its bad enough discussions are made out of context for tier, comp vs. qp, etc. now we will have to wonder was it 2-2-2 or OQ.

I disagree. It’s like they woke up and remembered what game they were making, what was so massively successful, instead of getting wrapped up in trying to turn it into something else.

Maybe Valorant has made them realise that that’s the game for CSGO with ultimates players, and Overwatch is for Overwatch players.

1 Like

The 100 response surveys aren’t actually sufficient. And you cannot add up separate responses that way because then people can then answer the same question twice. You’d need around 350 iirc to get a proper sample of the forums. The reddit one is sufficient and shows that reddit has a lot of support mains.

I just cannot see having both forms… too many issues with that.

It’s been working just fine for me for the last 3 weeks. Long may it continue.

1 Like

Yes they are, relative to the forum base.

We saw similar numbers in the Role Queue polls - in that case I’d agree such numbers would be insufficient relative to the playerbase which is significantly larger.

The role queue poll got over 400 responses. 100 isn’t sufficient.

Which one?

The playerbase is also more than 4x larger than the forum base, so 400 still isn’t sufficient.

100 is sufficient to answer questions on the matter of forum preferences.

100 isn’t sufficient because the population is too large. I would encourage you to check out a sample size calculator.

1 Like

I see, thanks.

280 is still insufficient relative to the size of the playerbase.

Your poll tries to answer a question about the playerbase, therefore it needs to account for the playerbase size.

My poll tries to answer a question about the forum specifically, therefore it only needs to account for the forum size.

It wasn’t 280. It was over 400. I did a sample size calculator based off estimation on the size, and determined i would need around 350 respondents iirc. (I think it was actually a bit more). Nevertheless, that poll did reach that target