Competitive Open Que is still terrible

Well, yeah, but how will that feel when they’re not even TRYING to fix OQ because its an arcade mode, whereas RQ gets balance fixes all the time?

1 Like

They try to balance for all ranks and for OWL, so I expect they won’t let things get too bad. I mean, they even made specific changes for arcade modes before now. I don’t think it’ll be the focus, but I doubt it’ll be neglected entirely. And I am okay with that.

Well, yeah, Ana self-nano was pretty much the only balance based change i can think of?

Problem is, if they balance RQ, that’s cool, its contained, but it’ll mess with OQ all the time, but that’s ok its arcade and doesnt matter.
If they even TOUCH balance for OQ, it’ll have a potentially unpredictable effect on RQ. If you try to balance both, both get worse.

They’ve been struggling with balance for a long time now with a single game mode, if they try to do 2, its gonna get veeeery messy.

1 Like

They mixed up a lot of cooldowns in that mode that has shorter cooldowns as well, and keep tweaking algorithms in Mystery Heroes. Probably some other stuff as well, other than QPC and occasional MH with friends, I don’t really use Arcade ‘special’ modes.

If those unintended consequences happen, I’m sure they’ll get reverted, on the other hand it can shine a light on some issues, or changes will benefit both. Like I say, I’m fine with OQ not being the focus, but I doubt they’d ignore it to the point it became overly detrimental.

Ah yeah, you’re right - total mayhem is a completely different beast though, its self contained. I love MH, but yeah, they need to tweak those 2 orisa, 2 bastion, 2 mercy comps out of existence :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, i see what you’re saying, but i worry about it. Its kinda like making a second game LIKE chess and trying to change the rules so they work perfectly for both :confused:

For sure, it’s hard, but if they’re happy to do it that’s awesome for everyone. I’m sure they have an eye on QPC as well in any case.

Anyway, Jeff posted some stats and said they’re making a decision on it today here:

It seems a popular enough mode in Korea and EU, so here’s hoping they support it.

If they were to keep this mode permanently that would be great as long as it doesn’t become their main focus around balance

1 Like

Open queue is a terrible toxic hodgepodge.

The only reason I’ll do 10 placements [should have been 5] is so i can get a couple hundred more comp points for golden weapon other than that no point at all for it quick play classic already exists we definitely don’t want the community to decide which role they decide to play years and years of open queue being an absolute failing disaster wasn’t enough. Throw open queue into the dumpster fire where it belongs. You are not entitled or deserve to ruin the role balance of such a great game. No i don’t trust the community to pick the proper roles, they never have and never will. Give then an inch, and they take a mile. Forget all that jive.

7 Likes

The community complains about hero choice when its obvious the majority of the people here cant be trusted at all to pick certain heros that would actually help win the game. Instead they just wanna run whatever the hell they want and lose the match and blame everyone else

7 Likes

People thinking 5 dps is a problem is directly the fault of the game’s terrible balance.

1 Like

I’m so spoiled by Role Queue as a support main…
Trying Open Queue is literally like herding cats and just hoping one of your four DPS does something, anything.

5 Likes

Some do.
But those are the guys that “try their hardest to win” and not the “try their hardest to win and screaming profanity at their team”.

Ok scratch that, I just met a guy who can’t even turn around and proceed to say this mode was trash and left.

Like the dude does not know how to turn around to deal with a Tracer pwning his butt and keep saying that “this mode is trash, this game is broken” and then leave.

The team kinda know he was the problem when we were able to cap points and win combat in a 5v6.

Arcade comp has another issue that is not really talked about… As bad as skill variance is in regular comp… let me tell you in arcade comp its TEN TIMES Worse. There is virtually no matchmaking due to the fact that less people play it so SRs are all over the place.

Then don’t play it?

I’ve been getting 2-2-2 nearly every game.

1 Like

I like it as an alternative to RQ. The quality of the games can be pretty trash, but at least you can play DPS without waiting forever. Also, I finished placements and was pleasantly surprised to find my ranking to be 600 SR higher than any of my RQ roles :grin:

I’ll be honest here. As a mercy main I’ve noticed no notable difference in OQ then RQ. Match quality is about the same. Even before Role Queue those 5 dps matches people complain about barely ever happened. Heck in Open queue I had better game with 3+ dps then 2-2-2. I might be an outlier though.

1 Like

Then don’t play it?
Role Queue is still available. For 8 months, role queue was the ONLY ranked mode.
Give us a break.

2 Likes

then dont play it heesh, its just a reminder of what we used to deal with

If 2-2-2 will stay only player’s left in this game will be tank and healers cause more dps will leave everyday due to 11min quee time or more in every rank. Overwatch will be dead if that’s what you want, although its dead because of 2-2-2. Open classic role comp is fun and enjoyable you can make any comp out of it or go freestyle 2-2-2 3-2-1 or anything your team prefers .Please make open role classic comp main again. Thankyou

3 Likes

Tracer is one annoying F actually.
Without Mccree available and with her new range, the moment I hear her I get triggered lol