Open queue now official

I haven’t seen any valid sources of data to support this contention

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter how popular a mode is if it isn’t played.
You (the US) got open queue because of Korea and Euorpe

Hard truth I know

The devs looked at the numbers overall - not just one region - and they were sufficient to promote role-less queue mode from arcade to the main game selection screen

3 Likes

If the region EU and Korea had similar stats like the US it wouldn’t have happened

as i said, the numbers were looked at as an overall set

also, the only numbers we the public have seen were for a single day…the numbers for the entire month of the test run may well have been significantly different

3 Likes

If it was from one day, we can assume that’s it’s representative or at least a good approximation

I dont believe that to be a good or a fair assumption

2 Likes

And that’s exactly what I said concerning this specific situation. The only difference is that the chart provided by Jeff actually only speaks about Competitive Open Queue’s popularity and nothing more.

We know Megadodo that you don’t personally consider any of the available pieces of evidence provided as valid, in the same way that I on the other hand do consider them as valid.

At least now you acknowledge that all these pieces of data actually exist in the first place and you are not in complete denial due to your bias, so for me that’s a huge step in the right direction :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hopefully all the bad dps play there and stop ruining my comp games.

1 Like

Tank mains, at least, hate it. It means they are on barrier duty no exceptions since its not like the other 4 dps are going to swap.

Wrong. If you’re playing with 3-4 dps you can go full Hamster.

Tanking is way better in OQ imho. You’re not stuck with double barrier because it’s not the best composition in there.

3 Likes

the data Jeff provided is for one day and does not speak to the popularity of any mode

there is no valid data that I am aware of that supports he majority claim

invalid data is no better than no data at all

I have acknowledged many times that plenty of invalid data exists

invalid data is again no better than no data at all

2 Likes

I’m a DPS player but I love playing tank in 1-3-2 or 1-4-1 comps. So Open Queue is perfect for me

tanks and supports are inexistant, earlier today i was on 2 matches with 5 dps and I as the only healer… its a clown fiesta…

At least people can stop complaining about it now. The vast vast minority of people who actually prefer open queue can play it now :slight_smile:

I’m pretty much going to use the mode to exclusively practice DPS, since tank/support are my strongest roles

I see nothing about open queue than even remotely resembles a “clown fiesta”

I have seen far too many 5 and 6 dps teams easily beat teams with more “balanced” compositions to ever believe that there is anything wrong with such team compositions

but that said…I only see 4+ dps in role-less queue in roughly 1 in 12 matches

3 Likes

in my 10 placements matches 6 were 4+ dps, and even nobody tried to win, it was like a QPC but with SR…

1 Like

Actually it’s mainly to lower RQ DPS queue times, which it probably will.

1 Like

Been very much looking forward to it. This season is probably the least I’ve played competitive in a while because I was just waiting for open queue. Happy to get to flex again!

3 Likes

…you should assume that people that play arcade don’t have a competitive mindset. Or you do you think things like “comp deathmatch,” are taken seriously.

And no, I didn’t even know open queue existed the first time around until it was too late. Because I haven’t checked the arcade in about three years.

How do you know it wasn’t played? Because Jeff released a chart with data from one day? lol. I played it quite a bit recently, and found all my games about 100 times faster than when I play 2-2-2 RQ.

I’m really looking foward to not having to play this “hold your hand” 2-2-2 mode anymore.

2 Likes