OW2 will be 132 role queue!

No, that is such a game changer that they would have said it during blizzcon. Most of the footage we saw seems to be from the hero missions as well

222 is entirely necessary for the various reasons i have repeatedly told you in the past that you havent addressed:

• Tanks do not need to be balanced and playable for 1/4/1 AND 3/3 with 222.
  • 222 removed bad quality solo healer/tank games.
  • QPC means people feel forced to pick tanks/healers when they didnt want to and didnt choose to beforehand.
  • 222 removed many of the old “i can tell we’re gonna lose before we even left spawn” games where 4 people all decided to throw because they couldnt all pick Genji.

What is your full list of issues with 222?
Why do you think the devs would destroy their game for the sake of OWL?

1 Like

Please show us the data you used to gather these numbers so we can compare it to the popularity of 222 and settle this argument.

1 Like

Correct. Hog’s body does despawn quickly though so people might not see it.

1 Like

Can you provide a quote to that? Actually the devs really did like it, it was half the tankers who hated it, and Jeff K. loves the idea.

The individual I replied to had claimed that a majority of players preferred 222. I was hoping this individual would supply data supporting said claim

Did no one see roadhogs body despawn after dying in one of the clips?

1 Like

I saw that posted by Potatoad, to give credit where credit’s due.

1 Like

Thanks for reaffirming it and given credit :+1:

Tbh I was away from my monitor when that scene came on :sweat_smile:

If it weren’t Blizz would have removed it by now. There’s your data. Its okay to have a cause, just realize there comes a point to realize its a lost cause.

1 Like

Actually…no, that is not data to support the claim that was made

No, one of them is Zarya for comparison.

Also in all the fights it was a 5v5 with 1 tank. People think we’re going to 1-2-2

Except the scene where’s there’s a Hog lying dead with Rein and Winston fighting disproves that.

I think it’s an “old clip”. I’m sure they are trying different team combinations internally to see how the game feels in 1 - 2 - 2 / 1 - 3 - 2 or 2 - 2 - 2

1 Like

I didn’t supply it because it’s a pain to find as it was a forum post, and I’ve linked it countless times here.

Here is the post from Jeff Kaplan.
Again, it is delusional to believe that open queue is more popular than role queue when there never has been any indication that it was.
These specific stats were from when they were testing competitive open queue in arcade, and quick play classic had already been implemented for a while. As you can see, QP classic doesn’t even come close to role queue in most regions.

2 Likes

Its all the data you will get. Again, its been a year, no signs of being deprecated from the main game mode. I think its safe to say there is enough support Blizz justifies keeping it in. And technically, that fact is data.

Good luck to another year of trying to get it repealed.

Thanks for this - been using that exact word for the last year on this - it is delusional to think the majority want OQ. Its about 30% a best.

4 Likes

Regardless on whether this is true or not, one thing I am most happy for is the lack of open / chaos queue.

In that respect, I see this as a very welcome change, and hope Role Queue becomes the norm in Overwatch 2 as it has been in Overwatch 1.

this is not valid data to support the claim that was made

this data has been discussed many times and there are multiple reasons - reasons I has covered extensively on other threads - why it isnt valid for the stated purpose

I’ve made no such statement

the statement that has been made is the reverse of that, and again, I know of no valid data to support such a claim

an arcade to main menu comparison is an apples to orange comparison, which is one of the reasons why the data you’ve mentioned here is invalid to support the original claim

It is the only data available, and still holds more value than anyone’s opinion on the matter even if it isn’t entirely accurate. The data isn’t subjective, people are. Yes, that includes you.
The value of role queue does not need to be backed up by data on the forums, as blizzard has deemed it to be necessary through their own data and is keeping it. If the data had been radically different, QPC would likely have been moved to the main menu as the competitive mode has. However, the claim that role queue isn’t needed very much does require it, as there is nothing available whatsoever that even supports the idea.

It is also worth pointing out that there is a current, public resource clearly showing that competitive open queue has fewer players than competitive role queue, namely the ranked leaderboard.

If the only apple one has is filled with worms, that doesn’t make it good

If the only boat one has is riddled with holes, that doesnt mean its seaworthy

If the only key one has is to a Ford, that doesnt mean it will unlock one’s Toyota

what was asked to be backed up was a statement made in these forums

it doesn’t need to be backed up unless one expects fellow forum members to accept it as the truth

but again, yes, a statement of opinion stated as if it were fact can indeed remain unsupported by any facts…but it generally is discarded by reasonable readers

not at all

Blizzard has the data for every day, not just one single day, and can (and should) make such a decision based on all of the data, not the single day’s worth of data that was released by Jeff

I would say they should imo also consider popularity/preference data, which is not included in the type of data that was released at all. That data is exclusively usage data. Preference/popularity data is not the same as usage data.

I made no such claim

Can you provide a link to where this claim was made?

the leaderboard(s) are not a valid data source to support the claim that was made