Role Que as healer is SO BAD

I guess it’s a great thing OQ exists for people like you then.

Matchmaker complaints are irrelevant in the RQ conversation and aren’t exclusive to RQ, as the matchmaker has been a mess since long before RQ was even a thing.

It doesn’t remove all strategy, as you can still flex inside your role, but that’s certainly a valid complaint, contrary to the other one concerning the matchmaker. At least switches from Tank/Support to DPS that would end up handicapping the entire team, a situation which Flexing would so often devil e into pre - RQ, is also gone.

As I said in another post, stop including me as a recipient in your replies to Megadodo.

Its the placebo effect. Some people can see it, some others cant.
You are getting the exact SAME bad players in RQ, they just are locked in a different role, thats it.

Here is an intensive list of all the “issues” that RQ solves:
“Well … at least we dont have 4-5 DPS”

Thats … basically it. The rest are problems it introduced:

• Splitting the playerbase, creating different queues
  • Destroy Queue times for anything that is not Tank
  • Encourages lack of versatility and OTP
  • Matches are more uneven than ever, 3-4 different ranks on the same team

There you go. This has been proven true and unrefuted so far so , enjoy :sunglasses:

1 Like

Strange, support queue QP is my comfort mode of playing :man_shrugging:
I’ve encountered crappy matchmaking/smurfs in the small hours on every role.

You really shouldn’t make sweeping judgements based on a few hours. And by the way, if you lost only 5 games in 5 hours of arcade, isn’t that also bad matchmaking? You just happened to be on the winning side? Bit biased, dontchathink?

The problems you mentioned (except for very bad matchmaking) are a price I pay gladly just for not having “4-5 dps” (it’s actually about me, a “fill player”, getting to play dps if the mood strikes, something I, and others like me, could barely ever do before)

I understand, but the issue is, as you can see, many others dont. And objectively, its not worth it. Specially when you force choke 222 modes on the entire playerbase, only to reintroduce it as Open Queue like 1year and 3 months ish after … and in “Arcade”.

You could “pay the price” with your time and play forced 222 using the LFG and leave the rest of the players alone but no, apparently it all had to be in 1 button so here we are.

We all paid the price. Like it or not, worth it or not.

1 Like

It’s worth it to me. You can’t state that without knowing how many people there are for and against. On the one hand, lots of people like playing DPS and they get the long queues, so you could be right. On the other hand, some of those DPS might be glad they get guaranteed healing and tanking. And there’s quite a lot of support players as well, who probably don’t mind role queue. The scales probably aren’t as one-sided as you think, if at all.
Didn’t Blizz release data on what modes were being played? Iirc only south koreans were playing more open queue than role queue. Makes ya think.

It was considerably slower and had worse matchmaking.

1 Like

Don’t worry they’re busy trying to hide Bobby’s scandals

I sincerely hope each one of your teams reports you off the face of the planet, and I pray to never have you on my team in a game.

1 Like

Its not about people’s opinions, its about objectivity.
Facts are 3-4 problems are worse than 1 problem. So yeah, objectively worse.

This has been debunked already, and by Devs nonetheless.
It might be slower to make a group (this is not tool related) but once you queue, is just as fast as any other group of that size. Matchmaking is the same. Theres no distinction between a 4 stack from LFG or a 4 stack made from friends list or people that decided to stack together after a match. Again this has already been proven.

What people wanted is make an LFG stack and ultra destroy/stomp on solo queuers … thats not how the matchmaking works :sunglasses:

1 Like

Why on Earth are you playing at that hours?

1 Like

It’s true. Unbalanced comps are no longer possible in RQ. Neither is pseudo - Flexing, AKA people swapping from Tank/Support to DPS and handicapping their entire team as a result. Also, in RQ it isn’t a race of who has the better hardware in terms of who can pay the role they want. You can choose what role you want to paly beforehand.

Here you go, 3 issues RQ has solved.

I don’t have high queues as Support. Many others don’t either.

Nope. Millions of different compositions are still possible in RQ. The system itself on the other hand doesn’t in any way encourage one - tricking, while the “death” of traditional Flexing RQ has brought upon both has its negatives and positives.

Not RQ’s problem and not exclusive to it. The matchmaker has been a mess since long before RQ was even a thing.

Imagine still using the broking mess that still is the LFG system as an argument against RQ… Needless to say, people being too lazy to use LFG wasn’t its main issue, at least not more of an issue than current RQ haters being too lazy to click on OQ…

LFG was and still is broken, because it is a grouping - up system and is therefore subject to all the many issues of grouping up in Overwatch, such as but not limited to the horrid balance when groups of different sizes are matched to get her and/or put against each other.

That stuff above were the “objective issues” with RQ? Yeah… I think you have to reconsider your stance, if not the entire gist of supposed “objectivity”…

Oh this is about QP? That’s what this whole post was about? Than I have to disagree because I actually don’t think QP is that bad for supports personally. If anything, I actually get the most balanced, challenging (but in a fair way) and fun games in QP than ranked.

You do occasionally get bad games as support where the enemy has a smurf widow and you nor your team can’t do anything about it because of team diff, but those are the kind of games where it’s better for you to just leave.

I used to leave games when there were smurf tracer on the enemy team, but my aim has gotten better to the point where I can mostly keep the smurf tracer away from me. So even though it’s a 100% loss when there’s smurf tracer on enemy team, I’m actually still able to participate and have fun in the game so I usually stay until the end.

Tank actually feels garbage to play both in QP and ranked but that might be due to me not finding the role fun. I wish I would find it fun so that I can play something other than support, but it’s just not for me sadly.

it is imo certainly far better than the alternative - ie playing 222 mode matches - but because there are many differences between the 222 mode and role-less queue mode aside from the necessary queuing differences, the one really isnt a direct substitute for the other

LFG is not nor has it ever been broken, actually

It works perfectly

I hear this stated often as an argument in favor of 222, but I never understand how this favors 222

The word “balanced” conveys positivity in a very general sense, but the game of Overwatch does not require balance in the sense that 222 forces on the players. Said another way, there is no evidence I know of that proves that 222 is the best available arrangement, and indeed, I have seen 222 teams beaten easily by so-called “unbalanced” teams, including but not limited to 6 dps teams

as such, I dont see the claim of “balanced” as relevant to the discussion of whether 222 is a good thing or not.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly…

Making up issues doesnt count mate.

1 - If you think 222 is the only balanced comp, you could only be more wrong saying 2+2 equals 5
2 - It eliminated all flexing, so pseudo and true flexing so 1 - 1 its zero. Null gain, null point.
3 - Hardware has never been an issue in playing a role, not in this universe at least and reducing the potential number of players that can take “your hero” is not an “issue”.

There you go, debunked.

Pointless, many do and they are objectively higher than OQ before RQ existed so yeah, refuted.

100% false. You need to learn some maths if you actually believe the number of permutations is remotely even close between OQ and RQ. Again the “flexing” thing, is 1-1 , null point (thats why I didnt bring killing true flex players as an objective issue).
The fact that you dont need to play ANYTHING besides X role its literally enabling and encouraging OTPs. Specially because theres only 1 other person that can potentially take “their hero”.

False again.
Before RQ there was only 1 role, so even the uneven matches were not even as bad as RQ ones with 3-4 different ranks in the same match. Dont use “selective memory” because many of us played since 2016 and my claim is 100% correct.

Imagine still using made up claims debunked by DEVS against LFG. Theres nothing broken about LFG, just the fact that people is lazy and dont have the patience to make groups.

You are complaining about the MM, not LFG. Learn the diference.
Groups are groups, come from LFG, from friends list, or from random dudes that decided to stay together. They should not be special or “different” so LFG groups are magically allowed to stomp solo queuers.

Again, thats not how it works buddy.

Oh the I R O N Y of you trying to call out my objectivity when you literally made up issues just to try to “refute” my statements … yeah good luck with that.

:wave:

4 Likes

3-4 tiny problems are not worse than one big one. My last three posts are all about trying to make you consider that those 3-4 problems aren’t as big as you think.

I could apply your logic to anything.
Insulin:
Cons:

• costs money
  • requires pharmaceutical infrastructure to produce
  • need to spend time getting it
  • the shot hurts a bit

The single good thing about it?

• It saves your life

As you can see, there’s four times as many cons than pros, so we can conclude the fact that insulin is objectively bad.

Pretty sure that loading in quicker improved your odds of a guilt-free DPS instalock. (Although for a bunch of people even that wasn’t guilt-free.)

I find myself having the patience to queue as DPS, even though it probably takes longer than making a group did. Which reminds me of another advantage RQ has over it: I like playing with randoms. Much less pressure than in an LFG premade.

1 Like

I can give you 400 scenarios too, reality still hits hard:
You can literally solve your issue with LFG, the other ones cant be solved.

I can’t make my enemies not have 800 SR up or down compared to mine and the quality of the matches is way way way way more important than forcing 222. Forcing 222 does NOT bring fairness (SR wise) and quality, it just locks people in certain roles.

If you actually think not having 3-5 DPS in your team is remotely comparable to someone dying or getting severe physical harm from a chronic dissease, this ends here :wave:

It didnt and no, no hardware prevents you from choosing X heroes.
The whole “insta lock” thing means nothing. No one can force you to NOT pick the hero you want besides someone picking it before you (which can still happen in RQ).

The only mode that forces you to not being able to play anything besides X role is RQ. RQ is empirically more restrictive than “hardware limitations” here.

And you could do it.
Thats the difference. You could CHOOSE to do that or create a group.
Now we dont have a choice with RQ : Its either ALL restricted or ALL open.

And if you bring up “You can use LFG to choose your comp” you are basically making me win the argument straight up so yeah, you refuted nothing.

1 Like

You would not believe how tiresome it gets to talk with people who don’t understand the most basic conversational devices, such as a simple, sarcastic exaggeration to make a point. They should have got you to play that guy Drax the Destroyer, the one who takes everything literally. Anyway,

Except, you know, decency, and desire to be a team player. But the picture is getting clearer now. I can see why someone who thinks like this would subjectively prefer the pre-RQ days.

I can only repeat myself: here’s the reality of a majority of people preferring RQ, even though LFG and open queue were available. And this is when competitive open-queue was the new hype thing, btw. This was a subjective choice by all those people, but there were more of them (except in South Korea). Whatever problems RQ has, most people seem willing to put up with them in exchange for the benefits.

1 Like

One might argue that playing the hero that you wish to play is actually beneficial because you would probably play it better. Furthermore one plays a game for entertainment and it seems unreasonable to expect that someone would play something that they don’t wish to play. As such I would not see any reason to feel guilty about instantly selecting a particular Hero.

okay first…
just to argue semantics a bit, it doesn’t really detract from your argument that much but… theres like three roles. so either youre going to be the most, the second most, or the least. “one of the most” is not a thing when there are 3 main roles in the game (and i assume we arent going to subcategories because “support” covers both main and flex)

second…
(as a tank main) supports are definitely the second most privileged role. tanks might get the short end of the stick, but it’s clear how DPS are far and away the most privileged role. until something that literally the changes the way the entire game is played and most negatively impacts the two other roles is put into the game, all in the name of lower queue times? DPS will always be the most privileged role. DPS mains can argue how they’re the least valuable, but like no sh*t. Tanks and Supports can still deal damage but they’re the ones keeping you alive so without them you won’t have much impact, that’s how a team game works.

But yeah other than that I agree, Tanks have certainly gotten the short end of the stick so many times and it’s basically all been “Is Sigma bad? Nerf whoever is better” or “Let’s make the game 5v5 and force tanks to relearn their characters”. It sucks, but Tanks are the minority by a lot, so Blizz doesn’t really care about making our game experience less fun if it appeases those in the majority.