Stop demanding sym reworks

Bronze is the only rank she has a pickrate over 1% (and it’s a measly 1.7% if I remember right). She is not viable in live, and she’s worse in OW2 so far.

3 Likes

Utter Lies, she is very viable in ow1

and that is also your opinion, you and the rest of the people who think sym should receive another rework need to understand that your Opinion does not reflect reality, neither do these “Stats”. I’ve seen sym get picked alot recently, and she’s kicking *ss.

yes, you are gonna stop. sym doesn’t need a rework and that’s just fact, move on.

oh yeah because comp totally reflects an accurate state of the game even tho a solid majority of players don’t play comp, yeah totally a reliable source of information

1 Like

lmfao what? Yes they do! Comp is the most popular game mode by a wide margin. You’re making stuff up at this point lol

Even if they didn’t, it’s still easily the best way to consider viability, given it has the most regimented matchmaking system.

But, it’s still the most popular.

Wrong! QP is the most popular game mode. Comp is not an accurate representation of the game and people need to stop acting like it is. the higher the elo the less accurate it is. when you start reaching high elo the player are such sweats they can work around pretty much any balancing issues. so their opinions should be utterly disregarded when making major balancing decisions. listening to the 1% of players is utterly stupid and is why the games balancing is so terrible

1 Like

Stop asking for things that people want? So… should we just not ask for things that we want? Should we ask for things we don’t want? Blizzard, PLEASE nerf Symmetra’s beam damage to 10/20/30 and her orb charge time to 10 seconds!

Her pick rate is low in bronze and gets lower the higher you get. It’s not about the “top 1%,” because there is not a single rank that she has a high pick rate.

You realize it’s the opposite, right? That’s why metas exist. The viability of characters becomes harder to ensure the higher in ELO you go up. You don’t really understand any intricacies of this game, do you?

Do you have evidence to back it up?

Because I have this.

https://i.imgur.com/DAd9zXT.png if you don’t want to open the thread. Posted officially by Jeff Kaplan. It’s “old,” but I have a hard time imagning the percentages changed that much.

EVERY platform and every region except for Switch prefers ranked to quickplay, and again, it’s still the best place to consider viability because it’s the tightest regimented matchmaking. And in comp, where most players play, where it’s best to test viability, in the lowest rank she has a 1.7% pick rate which is fifth worst, and it only gets worse from there.

Sym is not viable just because you like her.

You are so confidently wrong

2 Likes

This is a competitive game with an eSport worth millions of dollars.Of course high tier play is what they’re balancing around.No one would watch the game if it was balanced for gold players.

No, I’m not, you can’t make me LOL

I think the negativity towards Diablo immortal might change that though.

Yes they have been bowing down to the OWL since its inception as well as streamers and content creators to a certain extent but Activision Blizzard did pull in a good 5.1 Billion from Microtransactions last year and it should expect to jump a little higher with immortal and Overwatch 2 joining.

Immortal is getting that Cyberpunk love right now and i don’t think they want to drop the ball on Overwatch 2 either because Call of Duty sales have dropped 3 years in a row.

Which really begs the question how does a company that created the most successful PC game all time in WoW where they were siphoning pockets every month 15$ while selling expansions every few years and then also introducing an in game store to sell mounts and other items. Along with the most sucessful franchise ever in Call of Duty getting 60$ from a few million people every year. Just to let OW1 2016 GOTY get to the state it is today…

no one watches the owl anyway. they need to balance the game around the actual majority of players not he 1% or less. and the fact it is a competitive game and an esport is a problem, needed balance changes and other problems are being ignored because of a few players in high elo disagree. its driving many people away from ow. Blizzard should make ow a casual game so the actually balance changes can be made around the needs of the majority of players not the few.

so are you lot, but I not judging.

wow for someone who talks so much about “Statistics” you conveniently ignore the fact a solid majority of players play qp.

No, you´re not my boss :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

you want people to be complacent about what is essentially a throw pick on most maps in most ranks? are you high?

yes because all she needs is an adjustment to her current kit. she doesn’t need a rework all the time. and she isn’t a throw pick, I’ve seen her work quite well recently.

It’s super easy for Sym to hit squishies with her orbs in OW2 since there’s only one tank now. Of course the top Sym players dislike the changes. The changes were straight nerfs. Why would they like them? That doesn’t mean the changes weren’t a good idea.

1 Like

Literally all she needs is reversion of all the 3.0 nerfs she got to satisfy OWL players who crapped on her.

You…literally ignored the actual, real, physical evidence I provided that proves you wrong. How do you figure most people like quickplay? Because it’s what you like? You seem to think assumptions from anecdotes are reality.

what evidence lmao? you didn’t provide any evidence

So she’s “great” because she got “straight nerfed”? Lol what

Yes I did.

You didn’t look at it.

I’ll post it again.

I will again provide you the link to the picture because it’s already been confirmed you won’t even look at the thread. You’ll have to copy and paste it into your browser because I can’t post a link on the forums: https://i.imgur.com/DAd9zXT.png this was posted directly by Jeff Kaplan.

Now, it’s also been confirmed that you won’t even do that, so I’ll type out the information for you.

NA PC Breakdown:
Ranked Role Queue: 35%
Quickplay Role Queue: 31.8%

EU PC Breakdown:
Ranked Role Queue: 34.3%
Quickplay Role Queue: 22.9%

KR PC Breakdown:
Ranked Role Queue: 34.6%
Ranked Open Queue: 25.6%
Quickplay Role Queue: 13.5%

CN PC Breakdown:
Ranked Role Queue: 23.6%
Quickplay Role Queue: 21.2%

PSN Breakdown:
Ranked Role Queue: 29.6%
Quickplay Role Queue: 18.2%

XBL Breakdown:
Ranked Role Queue: 31.1%
Quickplay Role Queue: 18.8%

NX Breakdown:
Quickplay Role Queue: 35.6%
Ranked Role Queue: 16%

Ranked is another word for comp if that’s not readily apparent.

Nintendo Switch is the only platform where people prefer quickplay, and it has by far and away the smallest population of players of all regions and platforms.

Now that we’ve established comp is in fact the most popular game mode I will again point out that she has an abysmal pickrate at all ranks, including bronze, but it gets drastically worse once you get to silver.

2 Likes