Confirmed, Overwatch 2 won't release in 2020

Is a new map likely ?

I don’t think so, it seems like most maps are being made for Overwatch 2 at this point.

2 Likes

Things that wont make people come back or dont leave the game, ok…

Im going to tell you a secret, most people dont care about that, they care about gameplay and not waiting 10min

I had a lot of friends playing the game and most of them left because of queues

2 Likes

The thing we might get is a better supported implementation of Open Queue, if it’s proven successful enough.

Considering Corona I would be surprised if it did.

Look, troll all you want, but I don’t mind waiting 10 minutes for my matches in the damage role because I know I can have a less toxic experience in role queue than open queue. Furthermore, the last four weeks have been proof why role queues work from all of the complaints about team compositions I have seen here on the forums about the state of Competitive Open Queue.

Also here was play data comparing Role Queue and Open Queue. Note the data is rather limited for only one day, but it shows that most existing players didn’t instantly jump ship and start exclusively playing Open Queue.

7 Likes

Hey myst can you change the title of this topic… It’s getting in the way of actual news: Possible Overwatch 2 News Today

You know I am not a moderator.

1 Like

First of all, saying what you dont think is trolling? Trolling because i think 10-15min queues is bad for the game? Ok man whatever.

And why do you assume i like open queue and not other comps like 1-3-2 with good balance changes? I dont really like open queue because goats but a lot of people played it even it was hidden in the arcade mode…

Right… sorry I forget.

I rather they release a good finished product, than rushing out to get another Warcraft 3 Reforge fiasco.

Not to mention we would actually get balance patches that can focus on the game. Releasing new heroes while good, serves to creates issues. I rather they fix the current issue now and then release a large amount of heroes when OW2 comes.

The guy is wrong but isn’t really “trolling”

Because Vancouver titans Twitter posted “Overwatch 2 comes out this year!” And blizzard quickly had them take it down

Also playstation brazil tweeted it was coming 2020

Of course they didn’t. No one expected them to, for one thing many of those who might have had jumped to it, simply jumped ship entirely already and had moved on to something else.

What’s left right now is the playerbase that remains that mostly likes and supports 2-2-2 - there’s no reason for anyone who doesn’t to have stayed. It’s like asking everyone who doesn’t like Ice Cream to leave the room, then asking those remaining who likes Ice Cream. You’d obviously get the impression that Ice Cream aint that popular.

That is has been so popular in some regions, in spite of those who are at least ambivalent enough about 2-2-2 to stick around, tells you that maybe if they’d considered it earlier it might have been more successful.

1 Like

That is not really a leak, but miscommunication. That is the case of a third party making the assumption based on what was presented at BlizzCon. Either way, that tweet was taken down very quickly because the information in that tweet simply was not confirmed at that time. Again, I think your speculation that the game is not coming out in 2020 is going to be accurate, but the whole point is that the information you have presented simply does not confirm either way that Overwatch 2 will come out in 2020 or not.

3 Likes

If OW2 was going to be released in 2020 then Blizzard would be announcing that in the same post about Shadowlands. Only the barest amount of speculation is needed to figure that out.

And yet the actual game quality is still garbage. Still GM’s versus plats, 10+ minute queues for inbalanced games, smurfing is almost promoted at this point, etc. Blizzard has lost their way - the timing of the release of OW2 has more to do with timing revenue than it does with development.

EDIT: missed a word

1 Like

That makes no sense, it was announced for PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch

1 Like

We were talking about the new Crash Bandicoot game, sorry offtopic

Sorry I don’t know how to read, be gentle please

1 Like