That was quick.
People were in the middle of a conversation.
give blood elves their farstrider/magister tats and scrap this joke body jewellery customization no one asked for
Not judging, just scared of what Blizzard will think.
Here is a list of requests for Blood Elves.
Blood Elves have several subgroups which we would like to see more customization for.
Farstriders are the Blood Elf ranger faction. They have nature themes and are seen in Warcraft 2 and 3. They’re an important part of the Thalassian military.
Customization features which appeal to the Farstrider Fantasy are:
- Tattoos like the one seen in Warcraft 2.
- Feathers in hair for nature themes.
- Arguably braids both long and short to keep hair from being caught in bow strings.
Magisters are the Blood Elf caster fantasy. Powerful mages of Quel’thalas and an important part of the Thalassian nation.
- Runic tatoos.
- Longer hairstyles for ladies.
- Eyes that match spell color effects for various casters such as orange for fire.
- Hair crystals.
Blood Knight Fantasy:
Blood Knights are the Blood Elf Paladin faction. Once gritty, they’ve been redeemed by the Light.
- Scars because close combat injuries happen.
- Torn or damaged ears.
- Light colored tatoos to go with the golden eyes.
- Druids — Sin’dorei magisters have manipulated nature for ages. If Kultirans can be Druids, why not? They can be motivated by a desire to heal the Dead Scar and can have a redemption arc like Blood Knights did.
- Shaman — Some people are requesting this. The healing to the Dead Scar narrative can be used here too technically.
- Strawberry Blonde hair color.
- Pure white hair color.
- Two-tone hair colors.
- Luminescent two-tone light hair. (Similar to DI fire hair but light.)
- Possibly unrealistic anime hair colors.
- Since Void Elves are getting our skin colors can we get their hairstyles?
- Afro-ethnic hairstyles like afros and dreadlocks to go with our dark skin colors.
- More hairstyles for all races would be great tbh.
- Wizard Beards.
- More options in general, see Night Elven implimentation.
- Separate makeup options from skin options so people can use any face they want with or without makeup.
- Shiny/Metallic skin tones to reflect the magical nature of Blood Elves.
- Ear armor.
Light Forged themes:
- Auras/Light skin effects
- Glowing/Light tattoos
- Gold tattoos
- Light runes
- Light miasma
Add glyphs that allow the visual for Arcane Torrent to look different/have a different name.
- Banshee’s Wail undead themed
- Sun Burst light themed.
Dark Ranger Theme:
Dark Rangers are undead Rangers but use the Blood Elf rig. The skins for them and eyes for them already exists and it’s just a matter of turning them on. They could also add a Blood Elf rig to Forsaken as a toggle or choice but Forsaken players might not like that.
- Unlock undead skin for all classes.
- Unlock red eyes.
The more out there themes:
Darkfallen are undead Blood Elves found in Northrend. They’re vampyres and tried to join The Horde during BfA.
- Undead Skins
- Red eyes
- Bat-like ears
- Possibly bat wings.
Felblood Elf Theme:
Felblood Elves are Blood Elves who overloaded on the fel and mutated. They have bright colorful skin, horns blackened hands, and little feathery winglets.
- Colorful skins with darkened cracked hands.
- Unlocking DH horns for all classes.
- Wings/winglets, dark, light, possibly matching hair color.
Please let me know if I missed anything.
I would like to see Blood Elves the core race get the attention they deserve.
Farstrider and Runic Tattoos.
A second visual theme. My personal preference being Dark Rangers using Velonara as citation.
More holy light stuff for the holy Sunwell theme. Etc
And hopefully Blizzard reads these lists and BE players recommendations and implements the ideas being given for this core race during core race customizations.
If we are considering both genders, then blood elves got 9: 3 new + bald for males, 3 new + Bald + Short hair for females.
I doubt you’re burdened with thoughts like that.
I think we’ve taken that as the new Blood Elf “thing” to replace loosing what made them distinct from Void Elves, but I think jewelry is not that. Even goblins are getting it.
I very much am when the threat of silencing high elf discussing based on spam is real.
I’m sure i don’t need to tell you that.
I would add ‘light skin effects’ with a slash after auras.
yes! let me live out my farstrider fantasy!
blood elf kul tiran hybrids are what we want on alliance side. based on the playable kul tiran model.
It was speculated VEs may be getting it too. Though I’ve been told some are skeptical, I’m inclined to … believe it? Jewelry seems universal and basic? So it sort of isn’t a stretch for me to believe. But we shall see.
I think it’s just a new option generally.
I would add options to customize Arcane Torrent. This could be through glyphs, maybe a barber shop option somehow, or simply by having multiple spells share a cooldown.
In addition to Arcane Torrent, I’d add Banshee’s Wail as an Undead themed racial and Sun Burst (name on this could change) as a Holy Sunwell themed racial.
All 3 racials would function exactly the same, differing merely in visual and name.
I’m bad at computer art but the Dreadlord from the Vindicar has Light miasma, LFD have the runes, tattoos when Illidian was being light corrupted, and skin effects would be like arcane/fel fingertips and glow from Nighborne NPCs.