No, Void Elves should not have Blood Elf hair tones/options

I would too I was hoping during WoD they would have gave us those and the nightborne to the alliance.

1 Like

I haven’t seen the containment thread in ages.

Did it explode again?

1 Like

See this is what sucks with all this arguing, because there’s the other set of void elf players who are getting shafted by this, the ones who want the race to concentrate on their unique side and not get cluttered up with blood elf lookalike stuff

4 Likes

Nope it’s still there.

They are the same race like literally the timeline between them going from be to void is like a few months/years.
Now HM NB yangol etc the separation is 10k+ years which makes them new sub classes of the same race.
Think black/white rhino same but minor differences.

last post was a couple hours ago

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/continuation-of-new-customisation-options-for-void-elves-blood-elves-misc-high-elves/593526

It’s amusing that we’d all rather argue in a new thread, then.

it’s that fresh thread smell

2 Likes

Rhielle here literally admitting to derailing a thread and sayin derailing is just trolling and trolling isn’t harassment.

Don’t bother arguing with them, they’ll literally troll you and then claim YOU’RE harassing them when you defend yourself from their trolling…which ISN’T harassment in their own words.

I agree but this is what it has come down to. I was livid when I found out 80% of our new looks went right to void elves making them a nearly complete copy and paste and yet were still stuck with the most god ugly nightelf nightbore copy.

1 Like

Very much emphasis on this.

2 Likes

I wasn’t in favor of the elf swap, but since it’s here it’s not like it’ll be reversed, and I think there’s some really awesome stuff they could have done to make them unique and add to the game, and instead so far the only additions have been repeating stuff that’s already available and that feels like a waste to me.

3 Likes

I know a few nightborn lovers that would have devestated.

And honestly, they are a good fit for the horde. They have lots of cool parallels with orcs and blood elves.

…if there’s one way void elves are a major letdown for me, it’s that they were literally a silver-plattered excuse to finally give us Broken. BUT NO, dyed blood elves with better hair.

3 Likes

I agree with you here. Blood Elves got done dirty. Three hairstyles, three hair colors, three facial hairs for the guys, and bunch of jewelry for the gals that is largely unusable if your mog doesn’t match gold or silver. Compared to Humans and Night Elves, it’s a raw deal and I wanted more for Blood Elves.

You have to remember that many players play both sides. I have a gorgeous Blood Elf warlock and sexy Blood Elf hunter, but I was really feeling like they got so little compared to other races.

My lock:
https://i.imgur.com/wVB25ka.jpg

She’s stunning! And I love the new hairstyle… but there needed to be more than just three. And where were the scars? The tattoos? The facial geometry options like Humans got? The separated facial hair options like several races got? The Darkfallen skin and eye options so I could make San’layn and Dark Rangers? Don’t think my wants are one-sided.

2 Likes

I’m all for new customization’s and appearances BUT not at the expense of another race it ruins it. The fact people are saying blood elves stole hair from other races do not understand the struggle we went thru to get the company to give us our missing hairstyles that were given to other races and even then in cat we only got maybe half of them.

This, I find it highly irksome having to Jump to a new thread every other day.

I personally don’t think it’s a good idea to keep Void Elf and Blood Elf requests in the same thread as I feel both races are being undermined and one feels part and parcel to the other. The thread itself seems to serve as a glorified chat room of sorts.

3 Likes

See, I think that’s a bit of a let down with the NB. All they bring to the horde is their wonky model, leaving the orcs aside, their story isn’t just parallel to the blood elves it’s nearly overlapping, so it’s just rehashing a theme we already have instead of bringing something new to the table. I mean, maybe it they make it so that line of Oculeth’s about the dangers of unanchored portals becomes something major they could do something with that. But as it is, it’s the story is too similar.

1 Like

THIS 100% it was so badly done I was laughing so hard. Broken would have been so much better and I thought for sure they were going to be added but NO blizzard didn’t listen to the players and we got wonky elves with no story.

1 Like

I would be naive if I kept pushing for more for Void Elves when Blood Elf customization is so lacking. Not to mention the additional requests often infringe on the Blood Elf main theme, and all Blood Elves have.

I don’t think asking for both does anything but push core races back to the side, you’re the one in my eyes making it a competition by not advocating for core races to be addressed first.

Competing for dev time, and asking for more that infringes on Blood Elves. That’s why I’m very protective of Blood Elves.

1 Like

This one’s mine. I changed a fair amount about him, and I’m a lot happier with his look now…

But blood elves do have some gaping holes in their customization options.

I’m downright miffed that orcs got their ritualistic scarring while blood elves still lack their box art rune scarification, fer example.

3 Likes

Anyways it’s late and I am going to bed. Night night all thank you for the good conversation.

2 Likes