High Elf POSITIVITY Thread šŸ˜Ž

Sorry you mentioned SW high elves so I thought that was in reference to vanilla.

My mistake.

Though we still had Theramore in TFT.

I agree. Blood Elves shouldnā€™t be copied, by an AR of all things, in total.

Less so one on the opposite faction.

Even less so when Void Elves are supposed to be VOID elves not high elves.

Even if this were a fact, So what?

1 Like

Yup, the other charecter I play regularly is ā€œGreatbraeā€ a lfd paladin. I do have horde alts, but their purpose was for ah for ours (before ah became server wide) looking and race unlocking.

1 Like

Void Elves are High Elves though? Especially considering we know they can shift in and out of their Void Form. Them having non-Void options selected doesnā€™t all of a sudden make them no longer a Void Elf. Their racial abilities donā€™t change, which still keeps the Void theme.

If you have an issue with having a copy, then start making suggestions on what you want to see added to Blood Elves.

1 Like

The whole Theramore bit in WC3 is itĀ“s own can of worms when we take into account Jaina -the leader of the city- ended up the game being the ALLY of the Horde and allowing the ā€œAlliance of Lordaeronā€ character Daddy Daelin- to die. In a way the story actually broke TheramoreĀ“s connection with the old ā€œAlliance of Lordaeronā€.

The concept of product design is not something most people probably dealt with on their jobs, so no surprise when they donĀ“t figure out WHY is it a problem in the first place.

I want EXCLUSIVE (means Velves WONĀ“T ever get this accesible) customization options (like eye color, mutation-esque stuff like cute wings or Berserking looks, runic tattoos, etc.) based upon Blood Magic. Cause between ALL the playable races, only Belves are consistently portrayed as dealing with it with NO apparent drawbacks.

They can share some stuff with the MagĀ“har Orcs, but even if this happens is SO much more exclusive for the WHOLE race than niche solutions like ā€œDark Rangersā€ or ā€œSanĀ“laynā€ or ā€œLightforgedā€ (for example one can justify red eyes in ā€œalive skinsā€ while ā€œDark Rangersā€ or ā€œSanĀ“laynā€ only juustify the eyes on undead skins).

1 Like

I honestly thought youā€™d race-changed somehowā€¦

Not sure why I thought that since Greatbrae is a paladinā€¦

Only in that theyā€™re of Thalassian dissentā€¦

According to blizzard the non-void selection is for RP purposes and not canon lore to Void Elves.

It was so those who wanted to play high elves on the Alliance could RPā€¦

I did. Many times. Though I normally just reference to this since it contains what Iā€™m interested in for blood elves.

Iā€™m also fairly happy with my void elf options list.

Honestly I think that was the point.

And good riddance.

1 Like

She would look back and check Cata / BfAĀ“s story beats regarding both Jaina, KulĀ“Tiras and the Hordeā€¦

This company really doesnĀ“t have any semblance of quality control, do they?

It would defeat the fantasy of the race being changed forcefully by a ritual and trying to live with the change. If they had regular elf appearances you throw that fantasy down the garbage shoot.

So oddā€¦ donā€™t tell me you secretly want VE paladins! /joke.

I did do a race change on this toon though, he used to be a worgen, and before that a human.

Oh btw, you should check out frost dk attack animations with scythe (under pole-arms) it looks fantastic!

Itā€™s too bad whenever any of us talks about what we want for void elves helfers come in to talk about how we donā€™t actually want that stuff and are just awful people trying to hurt others.

6 Likes

if they were ā€˜alliance sidedā€™ they wouldnt be free to aid their homeland and the darkspear trolls(the horde) with the amani or join up with the farstriders during legion

i mean lets be real here, they have 2 appearances over 17 years and in both instances they were working with the kirin tor(which they are a part of, they are literally just a sanctioned militia). isle of thunder, the faction you gained rep with was called the kirin tor offensive after all not the sc offensive. npcs included jaina and modera

suramar same shindig, they show up with other kirin tor mages and khadgar

thats it. all theyve shown is they are FIERCELY loyal to dalaran, not the alliance. its almost like that kingdom took them in when their people switched sides and they didnt want to join the horde with them :thinking:

2 Likes

If they where not alliance side, then they wouldnā€™t appear in alliance themed events like the pvp weapon appearance in legion, thunder isle, or in wrath representing the alliance in both dalaran and the tournement, would they?

Verressa appears in the alliance pvp weapon apperanceā€¦

3 Likes

how does that appearance compromise neutrality?

i mean, she also helped my horde hunter recover allerias bowā€¦neither instance compromised neutrality

you are arguing the SC is a dedicated and important part of the alliance because vereesa appears in one scene. while ignoring the fact for this to happen requires an expansion where dalaran/the kirin tor are in play. if this wasnt the case do you really think she would be here? do i really have to point out she doesnt appear in 99% of alliance only cut scenes? that the SC appears doesnt appear in 99% of the alliance quest experience from vanilla to shadowlands

2 Likes

Does she appear on the horde side of the pvp weapon appearance unlock?

no?

Then she is not neutral.

You do know the whole reason the SC was formed was to oppose the BE, and the horde, in dalaran right? The only reason they never attacked them head on in the streets of dalaran (which they did in purge in dalaran gladly) is because Veressa wanted to honor Roninā€™s wishes right?

See above.

This is also on top of the fact there is a few SC that is alliance races in wrath. I think it was mentioned there was a gnome and a NE among itā€™s ranks.

Her husband was a member of the korin tor, she is honoring him by making sure the faction she does not trust try to conquer the city that he lead.

Literally the SC appears more often then most of the alliance races in expansion questing. You are also talking about a faction where most cutscenes has humans and not allot of other races in them. At least the hordeā€™s scenes has a mix of races through out their story. If itā€™s not humans in the alliance, itā€™s either SC, or worgen.

Yes, blood elves joining alliance. Solved.

how many zones are in the game now? so i should run into the SC in every zone then right? how can you say this with a straight face?

she is there as a representative of the kirin tor. they are a militant faction of the kirin tor not the alliance which is NEUTRAL. her allegiance is to the kirin tor not the alliance. if the kirin tor wish to remain neutral to the factions she respects that wish

do i need to mention again the SC when requested by the horde for assistance with the amani, obliged? they were free to do this because it doesnt break neutrality. same with appearing in a 5 second cutscene. do i need to mention again this elf tried to join the horde outright at one point through sylvanas? being alliance friendly doesnt mean they are part of the alliance. standing around dalaran wishing the kirin tor/blood elves would side with the alliance again is just that. wishful thinking. we all know who they take orders from and they restored neutrality

rhonin strongly believed in neutrality(khadgar holds the same position), by respecting the kirin tors desire to remain neutral she IS honoring him

Tell me how often dwarves, gnomes or dreanei that appear in horde vs alliance vs how much sc appears in it?

You keep forgetting that High Elves were part of the Alliance before Blood Elves were even a thing in Warcraft 3. Like the Priests and Sorceress Units for example.

Plus It wasnā€™t just Alleriaā€™s Rangers that stayed in the Alliance. There was lodges that were Vanilla Alliance Friendly. Not Sinā€™dorei Blood Elf Horde Friendly. If anything those High Elves were pretty much the first middle finger to the Horde or those who had a blind hatred for the Alliance because of that one racist jerk in which not all of the Alliance leadership was like that.

Alliance High Elves existed because of Warcraft 2 and added more depth and conflict about the Blood Elves being selfish and blinded by their ego and old hatreds of the past and those like the High Elves that stayed in the Alliance because Warcraft 2 and 3 Jaina Alliance sees their people as being selfish and forgetting about what the horde did to them in the past long before Arthas and Garithos. Itā€™s only when they start going into the path that leads into the darker path of the once noble pure hearted Elves of the Arcane into pretty much the Elves that wanted power and was blinded by their lust to be better than everyone else.

Simply put it this way. Silvermoon never learned their past of being selfish and blinded by their own egos is why you got Garithos being a racist and also hated the Elves for that reason. Again this wasnā€™t the Garithos Alliance that people like to point alot because of their selfish needs to deny Playable High Elves to the Alliance.

The Alliance survived to this day in Stormwind when all of this crazy stuff was happening in lordaeron and the Only True Lordaeron Faction before Mists Bombing of Theromore was the Jaina Alliance that wasnā€™t selfish or racist. The Survivors of Lordaeron Alliance was the last and only Good Lordaeron Alliance that has given the Alliance Faction as a whole a good name while the so called Garithos Alliance wasnā€™t the last noble faction given the fact it failed to unit other races to band together to reclaim lost lands from the Scourge.

There is a reason why Vanilla WoW High Elves was a thing. Itā€™s because of Original Identity the Alliance had in Warcraft 3 and 2. So yea itā€™s kind of ignorant to even say that ā€œOh the Devs should have left Blood Elves because giving the Horde a Pretty Original Elven Race that isnā€™t Blue Skin is a Middle Finger to the Alliance Fansā€.

If anything Given Void Elves to the Alliance with not only Blood Elf Origins of Set Warcraft 3 but also Giant Huge Middle Finger to the Horde and the Blood Elf Fans who rage and complain about Alliance Players forcing them to play Blood Elves or denying them the Identity Elven Race that was part of the Warcraft 3 and 2.

In which Iā€™m personally greatful that the Alliance finally has something that they wanted. Playable High Elves. Not in the way it is but atleast itā€™s better than nothing. With the Set Black and White Skin Tunes, Blue and Purple Eye Color Variety. Itā€™s only matter of time until we get Blonde and Brown Hair Colors to go with set weird but interesting void elf hair colors with set Tattoo variety colors, and much more.

So yea. No need for pointless Alliance Breakly retcons pretty much. Be happy and lucky you guys even have Blue Eyes or the New Amazing Hairstyles with set jewelry and stuff. Because right now. Blizzard havenā€™t given much as of late.

1 Like

I donā€™t want to give any spoilers, but you might want to play through the Undead campaign.

4 Likes

That was Silvermoon. Not the Rest of the Race. There was High Elves in Dalaran and with Jaina even after the Scourge Invaded Quelā€™thalas.

1 Like

Maiev Shadowsong: Kael, where are your high elven brethren? Do they not fight the undead as you do?

Prince Kaelā€™thas: The Scourge devoured our ancient homeland of Quelā€™Thalas. The once proud bloodline of my people is nearly spent. The few of us that remain now call ourselves blood elves, in homage to our murdered people.

Also, note how he doesnā€™t say ā€œNo, weā€™re not high elvesā€. He says ā€œusā€ and ā€œourā€.

Also also, all sorceresses and priests in TFT are blood elves as shown in the change to their model to include red clothing.

8 Likes