Blonde/brown hair for Void elves?

This kind of stuff is why I had my tattoo of you removed.

I don’t mind that kind of options.
But only after blonde and white hair are here.

There’s a lot of Void themed options I’d like that are specifically Void themed, but there’s also quite a few options I’d like that would fit just fine with any theme such as a simple black and simple white hair color.

I don’t need hairstyles that are identical to those of Blood Elves. A toggle for the hair tentacles that adds them to styles that don’t have tentacles or hides them from styles that do would open up a world of options for me without making new hairstyle models for Void Elves (though I’d still like more hairstyle options in general, even if they are ported from other races).

In regards to hair colors, again I don’t need colors that are identical to those of Blood Elves. But I also don’t see anything wrong with asking for colors that aren’t identical to the colors Blood Elves have, even if they fall in the neighborhood.

A post on MMOChamp shared a picture that’s been posted in these topics before but included a comment that put it really well I think:

there’s a shade of blonde there, but it’s less Marilyn Monroe and more Everyday Joe. It’s a darker beige rather than the sunny yellow platinum blondes of blood elves, and has a bit of an ombré effect as it gets darker at the ends. The brown is dark and fairly plain but, along with the beige, I think they’d mollify the high elf-stans as far as hair color goes. The black and white are obvious choices that void elves should have had from the get go, and I doubt anyone would complain about an icy blue hair color as a void elf option. It answers requests for hair colors but still keeps them unique.

7 Likes

Nothing wrong with being a High Elf that uses shadow magic, if you ask me.

3 Likes

How can play that without white and blonde hair though?

To clarify, I don’t oppose monstery options. They just don’t interest me.

In terms of Void themed options, I’d prefer an Ethereal skin like I made in my mockup.

My most wanted option is ranger tattoos though.

4 Likes

You were talking to everyone. Get the wool outta your ears.

In some ways I get what you mean…

But things will likely be attached to either high or void elves.

Tattoos and scars would be helpful.

Tentacle toggles seem like it’s good for both.

I just don’t want everyone to treat void elves like they’re not void elves. Watching such an interesting race concept be reduced with options to make them what they’re not is frustrating. At best we got an eye color that is truly void elf over what we started with.

I’m happy for getting the high elf options, don’t get me wrong, but watching others voraciously try to get more as though void elves were a mistake is again frustrating.

I think blizzard could fulfill this easily enough by focusing on the void aspects.

New hair colors along the void lines that can fulfill both fantasies.

Tattoos too.

Scars are always nice.

And the Tentacle toggle.

Gods I want that.

3 Likes

Yep. The tattoos can come in Voidy colours like the purple glow that Alleria’s have in her void form, or a colour like the heritage wings.
https://i.imgur.com/Wb75Nj4.png

And they could also add tattoos in a Voidy pattern like the mockup I made using N’zoth runes.
https://i.imgur.com/eZg1OCI.png

2 Likes

Or heck just black and white hair.

Both fit with the void just fine. Make em a little too black and too white and they’re unnatural versions that work for helf and velf without detracting from the void elves theme.

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s kind of nonsense we didn’t get them to begin with tbh.

3 Likes

What’s even more nonsense is there are void elf npcs in Stormwind with black hair and it’s not usable by players

7 Likes

Exactly. They put it on NPCs but couldn’t be bothered to finish it for players? Like what?

5 Likes

Because the Void Elves don’t represent their Void-taint with their skin, you loser (Outside of Alleria with a unique Void Form.)

Take the L.

3 Likes

I just want my goth boi to have black hair. Seems obvious.

2 Likes

I want people to stop making new helf threads when there is already a main one going… One that is an actual continuation of the Blizzard thread that announced the new skin tones.

This is the actual thread we should all be using.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/continuation-of-new-customisation-options-for-void-elves-blood-elves-misc-high-elves/593526

4 Likes

No they won’t. This concept of “class skins” that got pushed by MMO-Champion or wherever it came from is dumb enough on its own, but the belief that it’s genuinely a strong possibility is a whole other level of delusion.

3 Likes

Alliance never had the model.
The High Elves had actually left the Alliance before WC3.

6 Likes

Good luck with that one, my first reply in this thread was about it being yet another spam thread. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

“we dont want to play blood elves(high elves)”

“but can we just have their natural hair colors to go with their skin tones for void elves and complete the look”

5 Likes

This is correct we want the model from Alleria Windrunner ^^

1 Like