Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

FACT: The uniqueness of the Blood Elves is not about the looks, it is about the lore. Nothing can take away that uniqueness of the lore behind them?

Unless you’re going to act like the Anti’s now and say, it is all about looks?

4 Likes

Blood Elves just hit differently than Void Elves. Giving Void Elves natural hair colours won’t change that.

I hope Void Elves do get natural hair colours, I want to be like Alleria SO BAD.

5 Likes

For the record, I think you - and everyone else with a horse in that race - should absolutely be pushing Blizzard for that secondary aesthetic, whether it’s more Light-infused options or whatever. I’m in full support of it.

3 Likes

If the visual uniqueness of BEs wasn’t important people wouldn’t be trying so hard to keep asking for more for Void Elves second visual theme, while belittling BE fan concerns over our one and only main visual theme which is regular Thalassian Elf, BEs are HEs.

1 Like

“integrity of BE’s uniqueness” sounds pretty anti to me.

Been seeing a lot of good High Elfs lately in game. But everybody is using the same blue hair color.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/continuation-of-new-customisation-options-for-void-elves-blood-elves-misc-high-elves/593526/7?u=lannisterian-tichondrius

We definitely have, this list was done by a BE fan who did a good job of encompassing all requests, not asking for all of them just a comprehensive list, as of rn all we have to show for losing our visual uniqueness is jewelry.

2 Likes

Except the truth is, it’s not important. The way a race looks is only one part of its identity.

Several races share assets. Dwarves and Night Elves share hairstyles, Pandaren have literally the same options on both factions, humans and blood elves share some hair styles. Can anyone really make the argument that Lightforged Draenei are that different from regular Draenei?

I mean come on guys, void elves already exist with natural hair colours in the game, just give them to players. It doesn’t make a blood elf, less a blood elf.

3 Likes

He has become Anti, because he has been going against us pro’s because “muh Blood Elves”.

Gosh, he doesn’t play for the lore, he plays for the looks. People been wanting to play the Alliance High Elves because of the lore behind them, not the looks. We’ve have requested for separate models to keep them a bit apart from the Blood Elves, but “roll Horde”…

Gosh, I swear, the Anti’s are just getting worse in there arguments.

1 Like

We been asking for normal hair normal skin elf for far too long.

1 Like

Giving the Void Elves customizations like the Alliance High Elves doesn’t stop a Blood Elf being a Blood Elf.

7 Likes

Re-freaking-tweet. This debate is so tired and old.

4 Likes

Oh awesome. Thanks for the link, I’ll be sure to check it out in a sec :slight_smile:

TBH I’m seeing a lot of what Lannisterian has been saying - which is not so much objecting against Void Elves getting new options because they’re bad ideas, but more concerns about the diminishing ‘identity’ of Blood Elves.

Which goes back to what I was saying about earlier about how they post-TBC narrative and identity has been fairly weak and they need to develop beyond what is a fairly generic aesthetic ie more Light-based options and customisations, or going back to some oldschool TBC style Fel-influenced flavouring or something.

Make Blood Elves more unique, and there’ll be less complaints about Void Elves looking more…for lack of a better term, High Elfy.

5 Likes

When nothing else is being done for BEs it absolutely is a concern and of importance to protect the integrity of visual uniqueness. You’re trying to justify your two themes in poor taste at that while belittling others concerns.

3 Likes

Umm… No, they don’t. There’s no NPCs that are void elves in game, that have light colored hair.

Even the Wayfarers and Blood Elves in the rift do not have light colored hair.

Stuff was done for the Blood Elves, fact. They got a bunch of new customization options, and you know what, you are feel free to ask for more, but do that in a separate thread.

Since when is red hair or black hair not natural? Since when is Alleria’s blonde hair not natural? And don’t come at me with that stuff about lore NPCs getting unique customizations. That’s silly, we’re not discussing new models, we’re discussing texture colours.

1 Like

Alleria isn’t a void elf. She’s a high elf that uses void magic.

1 Like

Blizzard: “We wanted to add customization options to the game so you could play who you really want. To that end we have added fair skin to Void Elves so that you can all play a High Elf with one hair color. Enjoy blue.”

1 Like

No sis, girl is a void elf. Why don’t you tweet Danuser and see what he says?

This is disingenuous and you know that, as the stuff that was done including diversity options which is to be applauded, was then gifted to VEs in a second visual theme.

BE fans in this thread would have a vested interest in protecting the visual uniqueness of BEs in a thread about VEs asking for more BE visual themes that encroach on regular Thalassian Elf, and you are not on a public forum entitled to no opposition, of which I do take issue with as long as BEs have nothing to show for losing visual uniqueness.

2 Likes