No, Void Elves should not have Blood Elf hair tones/options

They’ve got 15 years of opposition, I don’t think you need to be so aggressive about it.

Cool. Again. The other poster appeared to be requesting something quite apart from Blood elves.

Stark White hair would look good on us and still fit the void theme. Black our npcs already have.

As is your right. Others will respond in kind.

Also please remember to request things for belfs as well. There is a nice thread for such right here…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/continuation-of-new-customisation-options-for-void-elves-blood-elves-misc-high-elves/593526

1 Like

I wish my character would update I remade this character.

I should be a shaman, but I may play around with it and delete it and just make a second priest idk if I like shaman. It’s to be decided.

1 Like

If a see a vulpera, I pet it.

/pet

As someone that has been involved into this topic far longer than a mentally stable should, which shows a lot (of bad things) about my character, I really can’t blame anyone for reaching their boiling point. I’ve reached it myself multiple times and I even took a much needed long break because of it.

It’s sometimes impossible to keep it civil because people just can be so incredibly vexing when it comes to this topic.

5 Likes

Alleria Windrunner.

I think that the mention of Alleria should be added to the list of things that warrant a shot.

After all, it’s getting old to see people pretending as if every leader looks the exact same way as those they lead.

I have little tolerance for stupidity.

You realize they have a Discord where they announce threads and swarm them to try and drown out and silence any opposition, right?

You mean like the big huge list I posted before the helf stans stalked my account and repeatedly flag bombed me?

Don’t act like we haven’t asked. That’s just disingenuous.

3 Likes

Is a Mary Sue and an embarrassment.

1 Like

I’m just gonna say it, I’ve been saying we should get normal hair colors from humans or dwarves and new styles should be made from scratch, both normal and void themed . . . I don’t WANT to “steal” stuff from the blood elves (blood elves don’t OWN blonde or red hair)

However I will say this, it would not be the first time hair styles were “stolen” from other races . . . No one seemed to get this upset when male humans “stole” three blood elf hair styles and male Draenei “stole” four . . . or when blood elves “stole” hair styles from night elves, gnomes, dwarves, and Draenei . . . This all happened back in wrath when the Barbor shop was first added, most of not all the “new” hairstyles were just taken from other races and modified to fit their heads and no one got this upset about it if I recall . . . Again though I’d prefer new styles crafted from the ground up rather then “stolen”.

2 Likes
  1. You don’t seem to understand what a Mary Sue is.

2. Sylvanas.

3. Alleria is a void elf lore character with natural skin and hair colors, and is thus a complete refutation of this thread’s entire OP.

2 Likes

A Mary Sue has two definitions.

1. An author insert.
  2. Someone who is unreasonably powerful or special in the story somehow that makes suspension of disbelief hard. Usually accompanied by bad writing. Ie: Mary Sue the cadet in Star Trek who is loved by all the crew and constantly given special treatment.

Alleria was a member of the Army of the Light who then got into spooky void stuff then consumed a void Naaru, basically a god and faces no meaningful consequences for it. None.

The writing is bad, the suspension of disbelief is shattered, and she’s clearly some author’s pet.

There can be more than one Mary Sue in a story. All three Windrunner sisters are absolute garbage.

Nobody cares.

Blood Elves can’t look like Lor’themar with scars. Why should you get special treatment?

5 Likes

Mmh.

1. Imagine saying “muh suspension of disbelief” in regards to literally any of the character or scenario writing in this game. LMFAO.

2. You are grievously overestimating the amount of creative liberty that individual writers have with the direction of the various character storylines.

As for nobody caring about Alleria having natural skin and hair tones? I care. I’ve cared about it since void elves were announced. It’s always been my opinion that the void state should be a transformation, similar to the one that worgen undergo. Regardless, the fact remains that she is a void elf with natural hair and skin colors.

You’re also making some pretty big assumptions about my feelings WRT blood elf customization and character customization in general, here. I think blood elves should absolutely be able to have Lor’themar scars, or cool hairstyles like Valeera’s, and more. Every race should have that kind of stuff.

3 Likes

The new void elves are using Alleria’s method to become void elves. So they would have same blonde and white hair they had before.

1 Like

You’re giving her too much credit, she’s just an overrated elven waifu.

Thanks Richard Knaak, we’re still dealing with your abomination of characters. Rhonin was the start, the rest should go too.

Sorry I don’t humor trolls, you might have more success “farming for gold” at the Goldshire inn.

Cringerunner Sisters.

Can anyone expect more from the guy that brought us that one character that shall not be named?

What discord is that?

The main high elf one has a no forum policy from what I can tell.

Anyone flag bombing is always a problem. Folk who do should be banned. It’s childish and abusive.

I am well aware belf fans have asked. I am one of them. In fact, while I was unaware of your other toon there being you, I’ve repeatedly liked your list. Especially over some other lists that seemed to go out of their way to ignore requests.

It’s not disingenuous. It’s reminding not to lose yourself in being against something and that alone.

We all need to remember to chill once in awhile.

Ultimately it’s a game.

Do we really need them?

Folk keep saying it’s just hair color… But at the same time you’re fighting tooth and nail for it.

What’s wrong with the colors we have plus or minus a black and white?

They should get scars though.

1 Like

Imma say it again yes they should end of discussion. :coffee:

1 Like

I have no idea who you are.

I’d be curious to know if anyone does.

I don’t think anyone cared that you alone have decided in your opinion which obviously fails to consider Blood Elf fan feedback, that they should in fact also steal the last parts of our theme.

2 Likes

Nothing really . . . Though I don’t think my desire for making an alliance elf that has some resemblance to me in real life is any less genuine . . . yea I’m blonde in real life with blue eyes, and I want to play an alliance elf that reflects that (there’s also the years of lore behind it but self reflection is a small part of it for me)

2 Likes

I just want purple eyes, tattoos, braided styles, and scars for my belves. Oh and more jewelry colors, and the option for this lovely Tiara to change color with the jewelry colors.

3 Likes