Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

That’s something I’ve been advocating a while. War Mode would be a good free-for-all concept.

Sends the remaining war-criminals who won’t heed the Alliance and Horde’s cease-fire off, to where they can attack people and feel strong and dominant, for beating a level 10 player. The rest of us can group, guild, and be at ease knowing an implausible faction war will never hamstring the game’s narratives again.

War Mode would be kind of like a voluntary bargain-basement version of the Drunder Server.

…And I am alright with this. :slight_smile:

It would provide a place for some of the most caustic and hateful individuals in the game, ensuring that they did not trouble the rest of us while we played and enjoyed the story of the game without concerns of being accidentally flagged, or gibbed by AI that can’t differentiate between an attacker and a defender.

Edit:

Please note this is not to say all PVPers are like this. Many are not.
But the story needs to move past faction war.

2 Likes

Yeah I only played stuff like Rift and SWTOR for a short time but I liked the customization range on them vs WoW, I mean yeah that customization pass helped but we have a long way to go and well everyone should be happy with whatever character they are playing so I’m always going to push having more customization for well all races.

I would hate that to be fair, it defeats the purpose of both, and the “Why can’t Quel’thalas be neutral” cries would start.

Even when I was supportive of the HE community I hated that idea :frowning_face:

Same! Across the board, really. It’s kind of silly how much I attach good customization to my enjoyment of the game, but I feel like Blizz has a long way to go in terms of customization, cosmetics & transmog, and more features along the lines of heritage armors (provided they ever finish up on that). One thing I noticed in other games – I still play SWTOR and played GW2 and FFXIV in the past – is that there isn’t such a massive separation of design quality between players and lore characters. Unfortunately it kind of makes the issues with WoW stand out a little bit more than it would otherwise.

3 Likes

That might be true but they have already kind of went that way and as a Blood Elf main player we have lost a lot and not really gained much and I have nothing against people that like or liked the whole blue eye addition but it did nothing for me, plus I would like to mirror my Blood Elves and Void Elves for real. Lol.

What it comes down to is it’s hard to make everyone happy without making others unhappy and well as I have said in a lot of replies everyone wants to be happy with the character they are playing on the faction as well so.

1 Like

That’s why I hope they double down on the idea of a compromise and don’t give more natural hairs to VEs.

Falling back on the Void customizations - and for BEs securing a second visual theme since VEs now have two and some tattoos.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/continuation-of-new-customisation-options-for-void-elves-blood-elves-misc-high-elves/593526/7?u=lannisterian-tichondrius

This always being the best comprehensive list for ideas that I have seen.

1 Like

I understand and I’m not knocking you wanting that because a part of me wants that too but we shall see what they give to who when the time comes.

What would our second theme be, I mean we could be the normal High Elves but that’s not really different from what we are now. Lol.

I added the last in an edit of my comment it’s a good comprehensive list of ideas not asking for all of it but BE fan request ideas.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCDPkGjMBro

I didn’t see you had added it but now I do, so thanks dearie, I will click over to it. :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I’m just at a loss at to what this would accomplish at this point. Like this implies there’s some sacred line that ought not be crossed with hair colors, but isn’t that on the very bottom rung of the sort of customization you should value? If we’re really so hard up on unique identifiers between VEs and BEs that we’re quibbling over whether or not they should implement a customization option with as much precedent as they had for skin tones, then I think the fault lies elsewhere.

I’m not really attacking your POV here either because I get it’s very subjective, but I’m curious: if there were more unique options for blood elves that VEs wouldn’t have access to, like certain tattoo styles, jewelry, etc, would the hair color bother you as much?

4 Likes

Tauren and HMT should share the foremane thing.

It’s like elf ear size.

2 Likes

Was waiting for that. :pouting_cat:

I mean kind of, yeah? It just feels like we’re so used to Blizzard underdelivering – especially on player customization – that we’d rather ask for other people to have less than we do, rather than asking for more unique customization for our favorite races in an expansion that was ostensibly supposed to bring us up to modern MMO standards.

Is hair color really that important at this point? Well no, probably not. What people don’t like, it seems, is that their characters are losing a sense of racial identity. I think that’s fair, but in my opinion some people are just looking at the wrong solutions.

5 Likes

I think you’re making this more than it is. It’s just simply the people objecting to void elves getting hair colors that will make them look more like Blood Elves are just trying to keep a semblance of difference between Void and Blood elves.

It’s not as complicated as you’re making it, imo.

4 Likes

…I mean, that’s what I just said, isn’t it? My point is that if you want to ‘keep a semblance of difference between Void and Blood Elves’ when we’ve just gotten a whole host of new customizations outside of the standard (hair/eye/skin color etc) then we should be looking for Blizzard to do more along those lines.

I don’t remember his name, but there’s a blood elf mage in Silvermoon that stands next to Lor’themar that everyone gushes about. What if, as an example, blood elves got his tattoos and similar designs like it? Wouldn’t that be more unique and meaningful than not giving VEs hair colors to match their new skin tones?

4 Likes

Blizzard leaving Void Elf hair colors as they are now would keeping a difference.

2 Likes

Theres plenty of unique requests for BE.

I prefer to stick to VE requests though, especially in a thread about VE. No use in wasting time arguing.

4 Likes

Why waste time debating someone on the merit of their opinion? Just agree to disagree and move on.

I’d like more hair colours for void elves, other people wouldn’t like them. That’s fine. Both opinions are valid.

5 Likes

This is literally me lately except when people personally attack me then I’m like why are you attacking me, learn to have a conversation without personal attacks. Lol.

4 Likes