Unoffical Playable Arakkoa Discussion Thread

WTB birdbois.

I RP an arakkoa refugee that fled Yrel’s crusade with the mag’har, and while it’s nice I only need to refresh my Rukhmar toy form once every 30 minutes with the new projection prism, I’m still hankering for an official race.

2 Likes

I really want to see the Arakkoa one day.

Whether thats the cursed variety or the High variety I don’t really mind. Both would be preferable though.

2 Likes

A bird just recently had an important press conference! Check out their announcement here:

Did you catch that? If you’re unable to understand their tweets, I’ll translate! It is saying that a new month has come and it’s a great time to submit another round of in-game suggestion feedback for playable Arakkoa and other races we want to see playable!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

I still think playable Arakkoa and Saberon would be a great combination and hope to see it happen someday! :bird: :tiger:

:rice_cracker::parrot:

2 Likes

It’s a new month, but since my monthly post from last month is right above, I won’t make a new one. Check out the post above for info on how to submit in-game requests for races you want to see playable!

Instead, I thought I’d link a video showing off some beautiful bird feather patterns for some Arakkoa customization ideas:

I’ll continue to keep an eye out for more things to share for playable Arakkoa idea inspiration in the future! :bird:

1 Like

Imgur
An Arakkoa Afternoon - by Howlite (Xuza)

3 Likes

D’aww thats adorable.

2 Likes

The Q&A thread has opened and I asked a questions on behalf of a few race request megathreads. I’ll post a link to the post and the question I asked for this megathread below:

“Since there will be a theme on void and shadows in the upcoming expansions, will we see any Arakkoa, either from Outlands or from AU Draenor having escaped from the Lightbound, involved?”

Worth a try, even if it will likely not get answered.

Lots of news from Blizzcon recently that I have a lot to say on in the various race request megathreads. In particularly, it looks like the Allied Race system is being utilized again, which is pretty big news. I feel like Arakkoa would fit either as a Core Race or Allied Race.

Anyway, I’ll be making several posts when I can in various megathreads. Got to gather my thoughts and word things. Hopefully I’ll be able to do that soon.

Will post more when I can! :smiley:

3 Likes

Another race that would be amazing to see playable! Now that AR’s are clearly back on the table with nothing barring them as a choice (See the Earthen being an exact copy of the Three Hammers story) the Arakkoa should definitely be considered!

4 Likes

Happy US Thanksgiving! :turkey:

Hoping Arakkoa get to celebrate Pilgrim’s Bounty someday!..not sure if they’d be into turkey, but I’m sure there would be plenty of other foods they could eat.

Whatever your plans are today, please have a fun, happy, and safe holiday!

4 Likes

+1 for playable neutral Arakkoa

5 Likes

I want the Arakkoa now.

2 Likes

Any preference to the kind?

The High Arakkoa and the Cursed Arakkoa could go either way I think…

1 Like

Dark and sinister is always the way to go in WoW.

Cursed.

2 Likes

Those are the ones I personally like best.

I think they could be pulled in by the Void Elves and we could see the High Arakkoa go Horde. I think their worship of the Sun fits well with the Tauren and could fold nicely with some Blood Elf stuff too.

A new paladin order around An’she lead by the Sunwalker Tauren, Blood Knights of Quel’thalas and the High Arakoa?

Mmm good story.

Now I think on it get the Zandalari involved too since Rezan was also shown with a lot of Sun iconography.

1 Like

Wasn’t there somewhat of an opposite faction for the Arakkoa? Some tiger race, right? Seb-something.

Gives those to the Horde.

2 Likes

There was indeed.

I also favor those for the Horde.

4 Likes

Holy crap I’m such a nerd.

2 Likes

Here have my list of the threads. lol

Several Other Threads Of Note

A Compilation of Customization threads - By Benhart

Ankoan and Jinyu Thread - By Rorrand

Arakkoa Thread - By Lore

Big Blood Elf Customization Thread - By Veras (Zandrae)

Blood Elf Customization Thread (Glory of the Sin’dorei) - By Kyuu (Fenelon)

Broken/Krokul Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

Covenant Races Thread - By Emerril

Customization Suggestions Megathread - By Drede

Dark Iron and Mag’har customization Thread - By Grymes

Dark Ranger Thread - By Balesong

Drakonid Thread - By Keldar

Dragonmaw Orcs and Wildhammer Dwarves - By Keldar

Eldritch Knight/Void Knight Concept - By Greatbrae

Ethereal Thread - By Lore

Forsaken Customization Thread - By Baalsamael

Forsaken and LFD Model Toggle Thread - By Greatbrae

Forest Troll AR thread - By Zurogrusel

Furbolg Discussion Thread - By Fenelon

Goblin customization! - By Hendry

Human Customization Thread - By Anansi

Kelfin/Gilgoblin Thread - By Ruff

Kelfin Thread - By Gnomest

Kul’tiran and Zandalari Customization - By Kyzendra

Kul’tiran Love & Customization Thread - By Morbann (Fenelon)

LFD and Draenei customization - By Averyx

Man’ari Eredar more customizations - By Mianyaue

Mechagnome Customization - By Coaxial (Fenelon)

Mok’nathal Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

Nathanos Style Forsaken - By Fallyn

Nightborne Customization Thread - By Ellinia

Ogre Thread - By Bagzak

Big Orc Customization Thread - By Zurogrusel

Rajani Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

Saberon Thread - By Lore

San’layn Thread - By Fallyn

Saurok Thread - By Bagzak

Sethrak Thread - By Nadezhdha

Taunka Thread - By Zitga

Tinker Megathread - by Tausnor

Tuskarr Playable Race Megathread - by Jorreno

Tuskarr Playable Race Discussion Thread - by Mianyaue

Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren’dorei) - By Fenelon

Vrykul Discussion Thread - By Mianyaue

Vulpera Customization Thread - By Fokoru

Warlock Stables Customization - By Baalsamael

Worgen Customization Megathread - By Keori

Worgen Tails Thread - By Caelus

4 Likes

My g Fenelon. So many bookmarks homie.

1 Like

I try to make sure Blizzard can’t forget whats been asked for.

4 Likes