Unoffical Playable Arakkoa Discussion Thread

Doing a pretty good job. Lol

2 Likes

Winter Veil has been up for awhile and as is a bit of tradition, I go around taking festive screenshots for some of the race request megathreads I frequent. In particular, one of my favorite activities is the magical sleigh ride, in which I picked out an Arakkoa to be this yearā€™s Santa Bird. Theyā€™ll be spreading holiday cheer to the Alliance while hopefully granting the wishes of Arakkoa to come true!

Screenshots and fitting music are below:

Hopefully Arakkoa will be able to celebrate Winter Veil someday! :christmas_tree::bird:

:rice_cracker::parrot:

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to wander around Stormwind or Orgrimmar as an Arrakoa. Hope to see em someday.

3 Likes

Until then I just use the toy.

I didnā€™t know you could ride the sleigh in arakkoa form!

Wish I could fly along as one, though. :pleading_face:

1 Like

I use my toy to be arrakoa constantly they are log overdo

1 Like

Happy Winter Veil Day! :christmas_tree::bird:

Whatever your plans are for today, please have a fun, happy, and safe holiday!

4 Likes

That would have been a creative new raceā€¦ Insteadā€¦ dwarves 3.0 :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Happy Winterā€™s Veil!

Would love to see the Arrakoa join the factions!

3 Likes

Happy New Year! :fireworks:

I wanted to reaffirm my support for playable Arakkoa. I still feel like they would make for an interesting playable race while being paired very well with Saberon, though they could work just fine as a neutral race as well.

I canā€™t really say weā€™ll be seeing Arakkoa activity in the next three expansions, but you never know. At the very least, there will be more expansions past those three. So weā€™ll see where the game takes us when we get there.

Until then, here is to a new year! Cheers! :bird:

4 Likes

Arakkoa would be a wonderful race to see added to the game!

Whether thats the cursed or the high arakkoa or even both Iā€™d love it!

5 Likes

Imgur
(Arakkoa the rouge - by Katerina Tipa)

4 Likes

Still a great race to make an AR out of Blizzard!

4 Likes

I donā€™t know if we will get Arakkoa in the next expansions but if Yrel comes on Azeroth, it will be the perfect opportunity to add them as playable race with the Ogres and the Saberon.

4 Likes

I hope we get a Outlands HD Remake someday. I would love to see Ogres and Arakkoa playable someday.

4 Likes

Ogres Saberon and Arrakoa would be real fun to play. They really could come together too.

2 Likes

So a question I was thinking recently: Is there much to work with the Outland Arakkoa in terms of a playable Arakkoa race?

I seem to recall most Arakkoa in Outland were aggressive mooks. Not a lot of them are friendly for the most part, especially compared to the AU Arakkoa. Iā€™m sure there is something to work with there, but that is why I wanted to open a discussion.

I mostly focus on the AU Arakkoa since it could tie into the Lightbound storyline, give access to both cursed and winged Arakkoa, and fit with Saberon lore if they joined the Horde while Arakkoa join the Alliance. Doesnā€™t mean any Outland Arakkoa couldnā€™t be part of the playable faction, especially since Outland is kinda deteriorating still from my understanding, so that could fit in with both AU and MU Arakkoa storylines.

Just something I wanted some input on. :rice_cracker::parrot:

3 Likes

There were plenty of MU Arakkoa that were still friendly. Mostly in Shattrath. Refugees from the crazed and maddened others.

Not much has been done with them but theyā€™re around and entirely plausible for a source of Arakkoa.

3 Likes

is there any confirmation of arakkoa passing through the dark portal before WoD started?

The Arakkoa from Outland coming to Azeroth? Not that I am aware of. There could always be an odd NPC here or there I am forgetting, but otherwise, I canā€™t think of any Arakkoa coming to Azeroth from there.

Seeing as Outland might still be crumbling, it wouldnā€™t be too bad of an idea for them to come to Azeroth, though I would hope there would be some friendly groups of them if they were to do so. As far as I know, theyā€™re all mostly still in Outland,

Maybe if some of the AU Arakkoa come to Azeroth somehow, that could cause them to reunite with some of the Outland Arakkoa and would inspire them to move from Outland. I donā€™t know how that all would work if that did happen, however. Itā€™s just a possibility.

Honestly not sure what all is going on with the Outland Arakkoa since Burning Crusade. Maybe someday, weā€™ll hear from them, but weā€™ll see what happens when/if it happens I guess.

2 Likes