Projectil Hitbox size's (width) table

To reduce the misinformation spread in the Forum and other places here is a table of all projectile sizes (width/Diameter).
I used the Workshop (code: 7QW6W) to measure them and they should be relatively accurate within ± 0.01m (10mm).

Hero Ability Ability Typ Size in [Meter] Clip
Ana Sleep Dart Ability 0,4m :play_or_pause_button:
Ana Biotic Grenade Ability 0,4m :play_or_pause_button:
Ashe Dynamite Ability 0,0m :play_or_pause_button:
Baptiste Biotic Launcher Secondary Fire 0,0m :play_or_pause_button:
Bastion Configuration: Tank Ult 0,6m :play_or_pause_button:
Brigitte Whip Shot Ability 0,0m :play_or_pause_button:
D.Va Light Gun Pilot 0,5m :play_or_pause_button:
Genji Shuriken Primary Fire 0,2m :play_or_pause_button:
Hanzo All - 0,2m :play_or_pause_button:
Roadhog Scrap Gun Secondary Fire 0,0m :play_or_pause_button:
Roadhog Chain Hook Ability 0,0m :play_or_pause_button:
Junkrat Frag Launcher Primary Fire 0,4m :play_or_pause_button:
Junkrat Concussion Mine Ability 0,4m :play_or_pause_button:
Lucio Sonic Amplifier Primary Fire 0,3m :play_or_pause_button:
Mei Endothermic Blaster Secondary Fire 0,3m :play_or_pause_button:
Mercy Caduceus Blaster Primary Fire 0,5m :play_or_pause_button:
Pharah Rocket Launcher Primary Fire 0,4m :play_or_pause_button:
Pharah Concussive Blast Ability 0,0m :play_or_pause_button:
Reinhardt Fire Strike Ability 1,7m :play_or_pause_button:
Sigma Hyperspheres Primary Fire 0,4m :play_or_pause_button:
Sigma Accretion Ability 1,8m :play_or_pause_button:
Soldier Helix Rockets Ability 0,4m :play_or_pause_button:
Symmetra Photon Projector Primary Fire 0,4m :play_or_pause_button:
Symmetra Photon Projector [Full] Secondary Fire 1,0m :play_or_pause_button:
Torbjörn Rivet Gun Primary Fire 0,2m :play_or_pause_button:
Torbjörn Molten Core Ult 0,4m :play_or_pause_button:
Tracer Pulse Bomb Ult 0,4m :play_or_pause_button:
Widowmaker Venom Mine Ability 0,4m :play_or_pause_button:
Zarya Particle Cannon Primary Fire 0,3m :play_or_pause_button:
Zarya Particle Cannon Secondary Fire 0,4m :play_or_pause_button:
Zarya Graviton Surge Ult 0,4m :play_or_pause_button:
Zenyatta Orb of Destruction Primary Fire 0,3m :play_or_pause_button:
Special mention
McCree Deadeye Ult 0,02m :play_or_pause_button:
Reaper Death Blossom Ult 0,02m :play_or_pause_button:
Reinhardt Earthshatter Ult 0,14m :play_or_pause_button:
Soldier Tactical Visor Ult 0,02m :play_or_pause_button:

The Special mention are not really projectiles but they are still Interesting.

If there are any mistakes or Somethings that got forgotten feedback is Welcome.

Edit:
So as many of you pointed correctly out sym/Zarya’ and Junk’s Projectile where given in patchnots 0.15/0.15 and 0.2 in the same order however I and my friends can’t find a mistake in the test so:

Edit2:

For Hanzo’s Projectile Lenght

Edit3:

https://imgur.com/0NuhOmm
Only version of the live Patchnotes I could find.

Edit4:
Here is a new proove that this Table is probably fairly accurate:

0.2*2.5=0.5

57 Likes

I don’t think projectile size is a huge issue… Bigger one is how their slow travel makes them stay in headshot zone longer.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t say using shields is accurate, since Symmetra is able to send fully charged orbs through very tight gaps, but I appreciate the effort and admire you for using the only available source.

5 Likes

Sleep dart is actually twice the size of an Hanzo arrow. Who would have thought?

14 Likes

But you also need to take into account player models, the hitbox goes quite a ways outside the actual model, even for hitscans.

2 Likes

I don’t seem to Quite understand.
All normal Projectiles hit the same player only once regardless of how slow they are the dmg is counted to the first hitbox they hit as far as I know.
So there speed should only make it harder or less hard to predict where it lands.
and not impact how how accurate you need to be.

With Shields, I can accurately tell the DMG hitbox their coalition hitbox could be a different size.

That was quite a surprise yea.

This post is only about the Projectile Hitboxes meaning all Hitboxes that overlap with the Projectile hitboxes are effected with whatever the Projectile does.

Player hitboxes are of course also there but there a separate topic.

Hitscan hit as long as the Crosshair is on the player hit box if there even a 1 mm off for example they wouldn’t hit anymore

4 Likes

Nice work there SchWiniX! easy to read table and included video evidence, perfect. :smile:
though its kind of hard to see the difference on moira primary fire (heal).

here is a post on reddit someone made (not me) showing hitbox size comparison for those who are curious about that as well:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/cmvgp8/overwatch_heroes_hitbox_comparison/

direct link to image:
https://i.imgur.com/Z3gJnqr.jpg

4 Likes

The way you measured is flawed. Clearly Moira’s right click has a massive hit box, but it’s also single target and will only hit the closest to the crosshair. You need to measure how far off of that target’s hit box you still register a hit when that is the only viable target. I don’t know if this would apply to any others, as Moira’s is different than most.

Your Right both Moira’s Heal and DMG don’t really belong here cause both are more LoS based. Her DMG ability is way too unique So I will take them out. The rest however should all be accurate.

3 Likes

Damm, i just in the past few days looked endlessly for a workshop mode to measure the heroes projectiles size. Excellent job!

1 Like

Yet, it still misses most of the time even when aimed perfectly… HMMM

Admit it, who else opened this post and immediately looked for Hanzo?

12 Likes

Just so those same people get angered even more because “HANZO SHOOT LOGSSSS”

1 Like

this doesn’t take into account that abilities have different hitboxes when hitting barriers, actual walls and hero hitboxes.
symmetra’s secondary fire for example can be squeezed through tiny cracks despite being massive

BuT HaNzO sHoTz LaWgZ

5 Likes

Now I can confirm that Hanzo players are laggers

Also to OP: Junkrat’s grenade is 0.2m as per the patch notes that reduced its size.

I question the accuracy of this post, since I know for a fact the sizes of these weapons have been mentioned in patch notes.

I thought Junkrat’s was 0.2, Zarya’s was 0.15 and Sym’s was 0.2?

Not sure if those were the exact numbers but I know they’ve been mentioned in official dev posts.

3 Likes

This is the other explanation. I can be clearly behind cover by 1m and get killed by Hanzo.

1 Like

Literally everyone who’s ever eaten a sleepdart that clearly missed your entire character model.

3 Likes

This is pin point

Hanzo’s arrows feel like “logs” because the length of the actual hitbox of the arrow

You can pretty much walk into the end hitbox of a Hanzo arrow, and it will be seen to the server as a “hit” because the hitboxes are colliding. It’s why it will look like the Hanzo arrow will bend or twist in the air to hit you; the longer portion of the hitbox is hitting yours, so the game animates it too look like the front of the arrow hits you, rather than the shaft portion

4 Likes