Has these hitboxes already been the same?

Echo’s hitboxes just seem more… consistent compared to visuals.

6 Likes

Seriously good video. A must watch.

1 Like

Agreed, the workshop modes have been AMAZINGLY done.

3 Likes

I think the hog hook one might be a bit misleading in terms of the sphere size?
because according to another person who experimented to find out projectile sizes, they found that hog hook size was actually like pinpoint size if not smaller than 0.01m diameter (source: Projectil Hitbox size's (width) table ; exact video demo: Hog Hook 0m - YouTube)

KarQ is good people.

Hi, creator of the workshop mode here :slight_smile: (workshop.codes/u/pluzorminuz)

The projectile size found by SchWiniX is actually the size against shields or world geometry, not in terms of the interaction between the Hook’s hitbox and the target’s hurtbox.

To come up with my conclusion, I scaled up the Hog so that the Hook’s hitbox also scaled up proportionally. Then assuming the target’s hurtbox is the standard size and remained unchanged, the size of Hook does not fit the pinpoint model, and a only a radius of 0.5 can explain the changes.

Hope this helps!!

9 Likes

Always been curious. Let me go take a look at that portion of the video.

This video really showcases the absurd range of McCree’s flashbang… It seriously needs to be toned down like 40% for such a powerful ability.

1 Like

This video is really informative and well done. It deserves more attention.

Every ability is huge, it’s not really a big deal. He’s always had it even when Genji and Tracer or dive was meta. Nothing in this game is like CS or something with accurate hitboxes.

1 Like

That helps a lot actually.

I find it a bit weird how they’d have different hitboxes with shields and env vs people but I guess that’s more for blizz’s polish i.e. “there’s a gap there in shield or map obstacle, why can’t I shoot through?”.

Thanks for the clear up :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for clearing this up never been able to confirm that for sure in the time I was still playing the game.
Its weird tho how some abilities take shields like world geometry (Hook), and some take shields like normal Hitboxes (Sym’s primary).
Not that its uncommon for thing to be weird in this game xD.

1 Like

It doesn’t show Hanzo primary fire hitboxes. No wonder why.

Actually Jeff claims somewhere that Hanzo’s arrows are quite small now and close to Genji’s shurikens.

I think it is due to Hook (and Whip Shot) being more of a melee-based attack, “disguising” as a projectile. Looking at my latest mode [YASRJ], you would find out that you can squeeze yourself in between the gaps of the hitboxes similar to this teh gap - YouTube. If they were indeed a true projectile, the intermediate positions will also be part of the hitbox.

1 Like

Actually it was included in one of the modes. Some abilities didn’t made it to the final video because of time constraints: the video is nearly half an hour long!

Here is the link https:// docs. google. com /document/d/1hHR-3VZ4_VIGc5skwslMBf3FLuhN8dZVygtwxwZVicY/edit#heading=h.l5l4t6qrxoku

1 Like

And remember dudes, at launch the game had even larger hit boxes lol.

Defense matrix visuals look so bad compared to the hitbox! The visual update CLEARLY did SUCH a good JOB! :+1: :+1: :+1: