KarQ | OVERWATCH HITBOXES for EVERY HERO

This is also why Moira players have such an easy time with our “lock on” This is bassicly Moira eyesight.

I dont know if Im right about this but Id swear Genji’s dash acts funny with his hitbox

Would be great to get some other hitboxes like he showed with Genji’s deflect and junk’s trap:

Rein’s charge
Rein’s hammer swing
Moira’s right click at various ranges
Moira’s damage orb
Hog’s hook
Splash damage (junk, pharah, echo, zarya right click)
Ana heal
and so on

We know some are X meters but a visual to show this would be awesome.

2 Likes

Symmetra’s hitbox is an absolute joke.

What the heck, Blizzard? How is that fair?!

6 Likes

But probably projectiles also have a hitbox … :slight_smile:

Not all are on but some of yours are for example Hook which doesn’t really have a hitbox.

With this setup I could probably do some more like splash but I would need a new one for other things and I don’t think I will be motivated enough for that xD

1 Like

I especially want to see how absurdly large Rein’s charge hitbox is. Like, that needs a nerf most likely.

1 Like

Thoses combined with magic shot or lag server feel his arrow are imaginary giant wood shot from the bow.

1 Like

It’s odd because right clicking at her as hog at range or left clicking up close implies she has a tiny hitbox - hardly any pellets hit compared to other heroes of similar size. This is the same for Ana. It doesn’t feel like it matches with what is shown as her hitbox in the video.

1 Like

I checked hog… and wtf is this???

1 Like

We were the logs all along

2 Likes

Wow, symm’s actual hitbox is jacked, alongside her critical hitbox.

No wonder she’s so easy to hit lmao. Our skinny legend was a lie all along.

Also Zenyatta’s hitbox is far too round for a support who’s only defence mechanism is hit or die.

1 Like

Also explains why headshots can occur abit too much, especially when comes to flicking their shots.

Apparently certain characters have larger head hit boxes than their actual head model.

Granted this could very well be intentional design to made certain characters having bigger hit boxes, but still a rather hilarious detail.

Never knew Bastion had a head hitbox from behind while in sentry mode. Wow.

Could be because RoadHog’s scrap gun shoots projectiles. I don’t know how it is for the OW engine but in other games (for example, Source games like TF2) there are different hitboxes for hitscan weapons vs projectile weapons.

The original Bastion design at release included his own front-facing shield when he was in turret mode. That of course led players to naturally wonder how they were supposed to kill him, and the answer was “his crit box is on the back.”

Today you don’t generally see him in games at all unless a team wants to play around him, and at that point critting him in the back probably isn’t the way you’re going to take him out. All that to say: you probably didn’t know because you never really needed to know.

I’d like to see Hanzo aiming hitbox because his head becomes inconstant as heck when he’s aiming

As you can see, Hanzo’s bow doesn’t block his head, because the bow itself isn’t even part of the hitbox.

they’re made with raycasts in workshop, so hitscan. projectiles have their own hitboxes

1 Like

I think Mei’s hit box needs to be bigger tbh. She is soooo hard to kill as a tank unless you just over run her.
And ( for me ) you can never one shot her as hog.
Also i did not know how BIG the hit boxes really are for me as a tank.
I mean i knew monkey has a big hit box in his ult but the bloody thing is MASSIVE paired to the look of the hero it’s self.