I cant be the only one that thinks that Ana's Sleep Dart' hitbox is too large

I think it feels large but at the same time given the speed of the game I think it’s applicable.

Well i think it makes way more sense when u are required to actually hit projectiles, specially when corners come into play, and the way projectiles seem to just go past corners and hit u behind them, when the projectile sizes are brought down these sort of interactions happen waaay less often.

As for skill, i think if its changed in a reasonably balanced way i think it doest make much of a difference, just some time to adjust and everyone is in the same playing field.

I totally understand the latency/favor the shooter stuff, my argument is not exatly related to that, its the fact that when u get hit by the dart, ur momentum is preserved and after u stop it seems u got hit like behind 4 corners, as for the audio queue, i think its relatively clear but ya i guess it could have a bit better queues.

I think every small/fast moving projectile should be the size of Hanzo’s arrow tbh, so that u dont get hit behind corners as often.

Maybe but at the same time this isn’t hanzo’s arrow or a regular projectile, this is a moderate cd utility skill that if it misses… you’re usually toast. It’s fairly demanding.

I dont know why you all are comparing sleep dart to Hook and Hanzo arrows when most of those have very little risk involved or are pretty much spammeable.

Of course its going to have some hitbox advantages, its a big cooldown proyectile and the only thing Ana has to defend herself in close quarters.

Wich is fine, as long as its slightly faster its still basically the same balance.

Ure missing the point here, my suggestion to fix the problem is to have the hitbox reduced but the speed increased accordingly, making it basically the same power level BUT it wont hit u behind corners as often wich tbh shouldnt be a thing no matter what.

What problem.

Thats a problem with the game’s hit registering system, not Ana’s dart. The same happens with a lot of fast traveling proyectiles.

Pretty sure they’re just a standard projectile size, 0.4m I’d my memory is correct

I did some tests for myself in the practice range a while back. I measured the size of every projectile in the game. I took no data other than memory (yes i am very dumb), but I do know that ana’s dart was top 4 or 5 (not including firestrike, rock, or hook)

Hitbox size.

That is definetly another way to go bout that, considering how the game caters to less-aim-centric players.

Theres a spreadsheet linked here

and its on the bigger side of things fo suer.

???

You know that hitscan are literally the most broken heroes in the game right now, right? Right?

ofc, i’m not saying that in terms of balance/strenght, just , i mean the game isnt an full-on FPS like CS/VaL, also i meant that in a casual level, even for Hitscan the game is incredbly forgiving so…

it does kinda suck its that big but its kinda important because it threatens people to counter it when diving, for example waiting for it, or baiting it. its important for her but i woudlnt mind a nerf

There was a post on here where someone made a custom workshop gamemode to measure projectile hitboxes by shooting them through tiny gaps in two Rein shields

Ana’s Sleepdart was literally twice the size of Hanzo’s arrows. I’ll try and dig up the post if I can find it

Edit: Projectil Hitbox size's (width) table

According to this post made by SchWiniX, its actually just the average projectile size and still smaller than mercy and dva’s projectiles, its probably just a you thing or a combination of its hitbox and the hero you’re playing’s oversized hitbox

Side effect of Blizzard wanting it useful vs mobility flankers.

Mercy and Dva blasters are also offenders tbh, but yea, i suppose its also just an bit of an overreaction because of the momentum not breaking after getting hit by it but still, i would still like to see these projectiles be brought to Hanzo’s arrow size… after the hitscan power-creep goes away maybe…

Its not even like its an balance issue anyways, its just an game design philosophy of Blizz , having these huge projectiles/hitboxes to be more forgiving, still, i think it sometimes leads to some dum’ interactions with corners…

Your OP explains why you believe so.

You said “I’ve been hit”

Not “I’ve hit”

Try playing Ana. You’ll likely miss many sleep darts until you get a lot of practice under your belt

I play a ton of Hanzo mind u, her darts are twice as large as his arrows, sure theres an wind-up to get used to but i’m pretty sure its muuuch easier to hit those still…

Not quite the point tho, point still stands that it will hit you behind corner(s), dontya agree?

Shooters advantage unfortunately. Ana isn’t the only hero who benefits from it. I’ve played Tracer & died literally 10m around a corner from a Roadhog because I blinked not only on my screen but on their screen as well, but the damage registered before the game realized I moved my body. OW actually has some really good servers, but they’re not perfect either

Thats definetly an factor for sure, but i notice her sleep-darts way more than every other small projectile, as i said before it could be because of the way it doesnt stop ur momentum so it seems like ure hit like 5 meters away from a corner but maybe it was only 1M like most other projectiles.