So what if Ana is the most picked support?

agreed, i never liked the idea of burst heal on nano, even as a genji player it seems like it promotes the “use and forget” mentality as well as being a touch more value than nano needs

I cant believe people are complaining about anti when discord (which Im not complaining about) exists. People just want ana trashed because support players who frequent this forum are petty. Shes not OP, especially not with her clip and hps nerfs. Want to counter ana? run zen because now I need to use anti exclusively for keeping my tanks alive. Yeah I can anti trans if I even have the ability available. I’m just vexxed people legitimately think shes overpowered when the data other than pickrate (which is not a reliable indicator of an OP hero) just doesnt show this. Everybody wants anas shiny kit

The problem is the other healers got dumped on, forcing Ana as must pick even more than before. So she should be reigned in or the others get compensated.

Ana’s healing hitbox is the same as literally every other healers healbox. The only difference is she’s the only one who actually has to shoot it, while everyone else, lock’s on, aoe’s or splashes into it.

And Moira’s old damage hitbox is not .2m. 0.3m.

How did this even get any likes, if not for this hate wagon going on right now.

1 Like

Ana heal is 0.3 size of the old sym beam. Current beam is 0.2

1 Like

Is it .3? My mistake. I ended up losing the last link I had with that info. I still had this one:

But that only shows her abilities. I just remembered it was less than them.

Yes 0.3 it was buffed to that at some point

Because this isnt a game for that. Its something everyone can enjoy.

The point is the purpose of having a roster if only exactly 6 heroes are allowed to be good? And only if they are hard to use.

Hero skill ceilings are for player playstyle. Youre going to have heroes easy to use for laid back or people just like that style. Then youre going to have high mechanic level heroes for people who enjoy mastering a hero and making flashy plays.

Not oh but skill doe heroes should be OP
And heroes easy to use need to be bad.

Also I hope you vouch for heroes like baps and ball who are hard to use in their own ways and are not good heroes.

1 Like

No she isn’t.

one of the most fun characters in the game

No she isn’t.

she is engaging to play as

No she isn’t.

and against

No, she definitely isn’t.

and shes fun to watch.

No she isn’t.

See, I can throw my personal preferences around as though they were objective fact too. But you know what else is a fact? People enjoy different things. That’s why we need to actually balance the game, and give everybody a chance to play as/against the heroes the enjoy, without giving preferential treatment to Gonadas’ personal opinion, as if he were the only person who matters.

4 Likes

Why not push the other supports to have a higher impact play style?

It isn’t that I don’t like Ana, it is that other supports need to be able to have the same kind of things Ana does without people all crying.

Then there’s no point of introducing new Supports anymore in order to make Ana remain as a must-pick forever, since that new Support hero will end up receiving multiple nerf treatments like Brig.

Personally I don’t enjoy filling Ana like in every game even though she’s a fun character, now she’s basically Mercy during Moth meta days.
Lack of diverse gameplay really makes me feel bored fast. I want to play Overwatch, not “Ana-watch”.

4 Likes

i mean even if you put mercy heals on 60hps it wont make her a main healer just because that 60hps is single target only only you cant change healing targets with much freedom coz raw damage has gone up in the game with new heroes introduced which effectively leads to a pocket the dps playstyle coz even if you try to play main healer on 60hps mercy most of the team is still going to show up as critical hp and its just going to increase stress on the mercy player like it already does with the other main healers

Bringing bunker back would help Bap out a lot.

But he never had the impact Ana does.

Like, I’m not hating on how Ana is, I am hating on how all of the other heroes are :wink:

It is not just about pick rate but also about success rate. If lots and lots of people pick Ana then thats okay… however, if they are all picking her because she gets the highest amount of success then thats a problem from a balance perspective.

Because it shows that Ana is inherently and disproportionately better than the other healers. So im not saying she should be nerfed but the playing field needs to be a bit more level. So either buff the other choices or nerf.

1 Like

any other support that had high pickrates was nerfed because “no one deserves to be the best support pick”

but muh skill ana is an exception i guess, huh

Actually, Ana was playable in season 1 (3months) of competitive. She hadn’t been out for very long at this point so i think people were still learning her, but she still got played abit.
Season 2 (3 months) was beyblade - a meta built around Ana’s speed boost on nano.
Season 3 (3months) was triple tank - a meta built around the insane healing output of Ana.
Season 4 (3 months) still had Ana as the most picked support, I think the meta was beginning to change to Dive, but triple tank was still going strong.
Season 5 (3 months) was Dive - Ana started dropping out of favour, but she still saw alot of play. Lucio, Zen, and Mercy were stronger in Dive that Ana though.
Season 6 (2 months) - was Moth
Season 7 (2 months) - was Moth
Season 8 (2 months) - was Dive
Season 9 (2 months) - was Dive
Season 10 (2 months) - was Grav-dragon
season 11 (2 months) - was Grav-dragon
Season 12 (2 months) - Ana was the most picked support
Season 13 (2 months) - Ana was the most picked support
Season 14 (2 months) - GOATS - Ana is still a very relevant pick in GOATS
Season 15 (2 months) - Ana is the most picked support
Season 16 (2 months) - Ana is the most picked support
Season 17 (2 months) - Ana is the most picked support
Season 18 (2 months) - Double barrier, Moira and Lucio are the meta supports
Season 19 (2 months) - Double barrier, Moira/Bap and Lucio are the meta supports
Season 20 (2 months) - Bap/Ana and Lucio are the meta picks
Season 21 (2 months) - Ana is the most picked support
Season 22 (2 months) - Ana is the most picked support
Season 23 (2 months) - Ana is the most picked support

Ana has been a dominant pick on ladder for abit over 2 years, and a top pick for just under 2.5 years.

You could 100% say that for the majority of the games life, she has been a dominant pick.

1 Like
  1. The problem is not Anas pickrate… the problem is that Brig got nearly the same pickrate like Ana (and that only in GM) in a Meta that favored her and got completly destroyed after 4 weeks, while Ana is a S-Tier pick for over a year by now.
  2. Trust me… if you play Tank Ana is not fun to play against… her sleep and nade are waaaaay to strong against you and dont require any skill to hit you because of your massiv hitbox.
4 Likes

During goats, not quite in goats. Her pickrates on ladder were largely due to the fact that getting people to not play DPS is nigh impossible.

There’s always going to be six heroes better than others, it’d just be healthier if those heroes were the high-skill cap ones. You shouldn’t be able to climb several ranks just because you onetricked a low-skill high-impact hero.

I didn’t say that. I’ve always said that low-skill heroes are fine, it’s just that the higher up you go, the harder it should be to get those low-skill heroes to get the same amount of value as a higher-skill hero. This way it incentivises people to actually get better at the game instead of getting boosted to high ranks just because they onetricked the easy meta hero. Inversely, skill doesn’t provide an excuse for a hero to be exceedingly good. Just look at Widow, a high skill hero that is extremely oppressive in skilled hands.