Spammy projectiles shouldn’t do obnoxious damage

Which exact projectiles are we talking about here?

3 Likes

Like what? Don’t really know what you’re complaining about

2 Likes

Same icon same question… curious

5 Likes

Probably things like junkrats primary fire and sym orbs.

2 Likes

You can see junks stuff coming a mile away and syms orbs travel at 1mph, though they were on about Hanzo and Torb

2 Likes

hanzo. obviously

2 Likes

they do alot of damage because they almost never hit. if they didnt do alot of damage, they wouldnt be able to hit or be impactful, making hitscans even more of an obvious and better choice

hanzo would like a word with you

7 Likes

Fizzy…please…

1 Like

i thought you were talking more about junk or sym tbh.

though i do think storm arrows is a bit busted and might need toning down imo, his arrows need to be strong to contest with long range hitscans and so he can defend himself against close range dps heros

HI :smiley:

1 Like

I only offer my service, my dojo is open in the weekends

1 Like

You have to lead shots and compensate for dip they’re not exactly reliable

Nothing like getting killed by a Hanzo who was spamming arrows and not even aiming at you.

Pharah, Junkrat, Hanzo and to a lesser extent, Symmetra and Torbjorn are the main offenders here.

The inherently spammy nature of their slow projectile weapons is probably one of the most major problems the game has been facing for years now. Honestly, the only way to go on about these exemplary low skill / high reward mechanics would be to noticeably increase projectile speeds all around. Reduce splash damage when it comes to Pharand slightly increase direct hit damage. For Hanzo, increase projectile dropoff so his weapon doesn’t feel like a hitscan. For Junkrat, decrease the time it takes for his nades to get destroyed by themselves, so his actually skillful play style of landing direct shots is prioritized.

Finally, the argument that these projectiles almost always miss because they’re so slow so they shouldn’t be changed doesn’t hold, as one can argue that they miss as offer as they randomly hit the target…

Honestly, Junkrat’s bombs don’t do nearly enough damage, considering that past around 15m you can dodge them purely on reaction.

The bigger issue is that hitscan does nearly as much damage (sometimes more) than slow moving projectiles, not that projectiles do too much damage. Hanzo is a bit of an exception due to how fast his projectiles travel.

1 Like

Hanzo is top 5 most annoying characters

Nobody complains about orbs of destruction, but they are lowkey the spammiest projectile the game has to offer.

to be fair zen at least requires serious accuracy to actually hit his shots unlike hanzo

1 Like

funnily tho apparently hanzo arrows are smaller than zen’s orbs tho
source: Projectil Hitbox size's (width) table

speaking for sym here: her orbs are simply just trash.

they’ve got a sniper tier fire rate which encourages to aim them but they move so slow that you can’t reasonably do so in most ranges.

and before anyone tries to bring up projectile size, no it mathematically actually isn’t enough to compensate the slow speed. see proof below:

so obvs bad as an aimed projectile. but what about a spam projectile?
its dps is 120 / (1s charge time + 0.25s wind down) = 96dps
96dps.
it’s literally lower than a body shotting mercy pistol (100dps)
factor in how inconsistent/easily dodgable it is in most ranges as proven above and you defs know that sym’s orbs are bad as spam as well.

I 100% agree with you that the direction they should take for sym orbs is to enumber them around being faster projectiles. like either they make it better spam or better as an aimed weapon fire. I, as a sym main, much prefer the aimed option.

1 Like