Ana sleep hitbox is broken

I know that works both in my favor and against me, but why is the sleep hitbox literally 2x hanzo log and 1x a pharah and junk hitbox ? Just why

A post that you can use as reference for anyone who wants to see projectile sizes

4 Likes

You would have a quite big bag of dimes.

Just don’t fall asleep :roll_eyes:

Yeah im sure i could with that massive hanzo log 2x hitbox.

Lol, you are super wrong.

Her sleep dart is twice the size of Hanzo’s arrows.

3 Likes

The devs have on multiple occasions confirmed hanzos “logs” (as well as genjis shurikens) to actually be the smallest projectiles in the game.

Sleep dart is bigger (by a fair margin), not smaller.

Edit: seems a few have beat me to this correction already

2 Likes

Overwatch projectiles are sized for their speed. Sleep dart is literally consistent with overwatch projectile sizes.

The only projectile that is incorrectly sized for ana is her hipfire which is literally the smallest in the game at <0.01m. Much smaller than “the smallest projectile in the game” hanzo. Test it yourselves.

1 Like

Those measures are not accurate, its around 0.35. Also Sleep doesnt have SPLASH damage dude, Chill.

1 Like

You sound like the same person to defend Spamzo firing submarines.

They aren’t submarines though?

Like, there are Workshops where you can test projectile hitboxes and all things considered, his are fairly small. The faster the projectile travels, the smaller the hitbox. His aren’t that big.

But Ana’s is understandably big because it doesn’t travel as fast as other projectiles, it has a long cooldown (and isn’t an infinite-ammo primary fire like Hanzo’s), and it has the chance of just being completely negated by your own teammates.

If it had a small hitbox, on top of being on a cooldown, on top of being a slower projectile…it would be a mess. lmao

idk the way the test is done seems pretty accurate to me, you gotta a better way than them to prove its .35 not .4?

Shields also have their hitbox and just like Ana’s regular shots are not the same on allies and on enemies, when you sleep an enemy you have to fully connect with both hitboxes. The hitboxes for projectiles hitting on enemies are smaller than the ones on allies, same with shields.

Also I played a stupid amount of Pharah in my main + Ana and its not as big for sure.

4heed

1 Like

yes and they’re so pixel tight they can let attacks through .01 meter gap as shown here

Do you have more substantial evidence than how you feel about it compared to pharah rockets?

Dunno why people are saying it’s small, it’s objectively not.

The thing though, is that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it being the way it is.

I think you mean a pillow case full of dimes.

The shield hitboxs for Reinhard atleast are extremely close to there visual hitboxes. I made sure back then to test them using both Hitscan and a simple los test in the workshop.

Isn’t Anas Sleep Dart Hitbox bigger than Doomfist Rocketpunch Hitbox?

it’s literally in line with every other projectile in the game

1 Like