First solve how Hanzo pulls his arrows

[post edited for clarification for my mystake about hitboxes]
I’ve always accepted the headshots of all the overwatch characters, and in particular the widow’s oneshots (what a sniper would it be otherwise?). but I continue to find Hanzo’s shots shameful, who cannot even be called “predict” the shooting of his arrows.

I find it inadmissible that he can do delayed oneshot and justify the arrow bridge trajectory. really, I don’t understand why Hanzo balances aren’t based on finding a better method. I’m pretty sure that few players use so many clicks for fast and inaccurate arrows (in fact there is the arrow storm), so the structure of the crosshair makes no sense.

we had a wonderful in-depth analysis to resolve Moira’s primary fire with experimental mode and she now has a very good compromise in her beam.

it is quite useless to cyclically change the numbers of the storm arrow, what needs to be fixed is the trajectory of the normal arrows. at this point it is worth experimenting how the arrow is loaded: does it do it automatically but with pauses as does sigma? make the “weak” degrees of arrow loading more manageable? put an indicator of the trajectory of the loaded arrow? let’s start analyzing this problem!

1 Like

Hanzo’s arrows are identical in size to Genji’s shurikens, and are some of the smallest projectiles in game.
They’re larger than hitscan to make up for the fact that they have a travel time.

Against Widow you’d be dead instantly instead, at greater ranges. Having a projectile is not a positive aspect, even if the hitbox is bigger.

If you change direction the moment he fires, you only need to be around 5-7 meters away to dodge it by walking in a straight line even if he aims it straight at your head. That’s within Reaper’s effective range.

2 Likes

His arrows arent really any bigger than most projectiles in the game

2 Likes

This is a fundamentally false statement that despite being disproved for years still makes a comeback every once in a while.

Mercy shots are 2.5x times the size of a hanzo arrow hitbox, for example. Lol.

“I find it inadmissible that he can do a delayed oneshot”

Translation: I find it inadmissible that despite my mobility options to defy his prediction, I still got hit with a fully charged (what is it, like 0.5 arrows per second?) hit, so I’m gonna use community make-believes about his actual stats.

1 Like

so a random “predict” (because let’s face it, it is random) would be oneshot gameplay more deserving than the effort of aiming as a real sniper like widowmaker, huh?

in any case, I thank those who have shown me the exact figures. I admit to this mistake of mine to blame the hitboxes … but I do not withdraw the accusations that the gameplay of hanzo’s “random” oneshot is undeserved as much as moira was accused of killing too often with her globes / beams.

Honestly, the kind of kills that make me feel nasty are when I spam jr mines over geometry or bouncing off and I get someone I didn’t expect to die.

With hanzo I rarely get that feeling because when I win that peeking game it normally comes associated to a well placed sonic arrow that told me exactly where the enemy was.

It’s like when people thought every scatter was just random bootleg stuff, when I precisely aimed at the perfect bounce location so they’d get killed in the first rebound. Sure, once every 100 scatters I might’ve gotten a blinking tracer dead on the last bootleg rebound, but generally what might seem like “random” luck is the result of lots of experience in those situations.

1 Like