Joyous Journeys – Summer XP Buff Event

As we continue work on Wrath of the Lich King Classic, we want to celebrate the defeat of Kil’Jaeden and the Burning Legion (again!) with a bit of a special event to help get players ready for their adventures in Northrend.

In the coming weeks, we will implement a global buff that we’re calling “Joyous Journeys”. During the time this buff is active, all sources of experience points will award 50% additional XP.

We haven’t locked down the specific timeframe for when this buff will activate, but we expect it to last for at least 6-8 weeks; beginning a few weeks before the 3.4.0 Pre-Patch and persisting right up until the day that Wrath of the Lich King Classic launches. This buff should provide a great opportunity for everyone who may have fallen behind the leveling curve, or anyone with alts they want to prep for the next adventure to jump in and get caught up to level 70 ahead of the release of Wrath of the Lich King Classic.

This will also be active on Wrath of the Lich King Classic fresh start realms as well, so it should be a great jumpstart for any players who want try to level up quickly during pre-patch and participate in the various Wrath pre-patch events such as the Zombie Plague or special time-limited bosses such as Balzaphon in Stratholme or Tenris Murkblood in Karazhan.

While we aren’t quite ready to announce specific dates around Wrath Classic, we felt it might be helpful to let you know ahead of time that this buff event was coming. We’ll have more to share around Wrath of the Lich King Classic launch plans in the coming weeks.

Thank you!

103 Likes

Neat! Thank you.

9 Likes

So much for the journey mattering on fresh realms.

41 Likes

Add faction transfer and account to account transfers please

9 Likes

Sweet, will this exp boost work on mob kills? Looking forward to being boosted twice as fast by mages since there’s no dungeon finder. Edit: Oh snap, so boosting is being nerfed too. Well damn…

1 Like

Will the RDF also be deployed with the prepatch?

14 Likes

An XP buff for those of us leveling DKs during pre-patch is certainly welcome.

5 Likes

Behsten and Slahtz, sil vous plait – I actually DONT want to level my alts. :expressionless:

1 Like

amazing, this actually gives me the motivation I need to finish leveling a few alts

thanks

7 Likes

Nerf boosting with this update and the world will feel so alive

7 Likes

This is actually an interesting idea. Good for me, too, as I’m leveling a few alts.

2 Likes

So then Zombie Plague confirmed??? OMG YESSS!!! Thank you so much Kaivax and Dev Team!!

I NEVER got to experience the original event and am dying (pun fully intended) to experience it. Now that I know it’s coming, it’s time to get to work on some Zombie Plague survival RP events in true Walking Dead style for my community on Bloodsail Buccaneers!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs:

6 Likes

SOM right here in the wrath prepatch! lol

Huh… so fresh servers before the pre-patch?

4 Likes

yes that was the plan in the original announcement of fresh

Can you at least tell us when the Beta is starting?

This is perfect, thank you!

actually hype news. good job.

leveling Buffs on fresh servers? oh the humanity…can you have one of the fresh servers without this buff? Let us prove to you which one we want with the server’s population

10 Likes

4 Week Pre-Patch Confirmed.

Brian Birmingham already confirmed they can’t track which toons were boosted, and therefore won’t do account to account transfers so you can’t boost everything.

1 Like