Blizz forgets that Classic exists

Yes. Weeks ago, Blizzard promised to give Classic a 50% XP buff called Joyous Journeys. They said it would come “in the coming weeks”.

The entire community has been waiting for it and anticipating it.

And then they gave it…but not to us.

I can’t even figure out how to play classic. Is it on the launcher?

LOL apparently not. I mean, I made a thread asking if we could have the buff for longer and someone decided to make it their personal mission to be the most toxic, unhappy person they could today. :rofl:

So? Who cares? You’ll get it when it makes sense to get it. And it’ll be announced soon. Gotta relax more. :wink:

1 Like

So why attack retail players instead of calling out the people who made the decision?
Such a strange tactic to get absolutely no support. Especially on the retail forum of all places.

Show me where I attacked retail players. What I ACTUALLY said was “I’m glad that they gave you the buff they promised to us. I just wish they had also given it to us”.

Retail players are totally fine. Blizz forgetting Classic is the problem

I found the thread.

First of all, 4 weeks, not 6.

And to directly quote the thread:

I mean, that’s pretty clear right?
WOTLK is still unannounced as far as a date goes.

And it’s not exactly intended for TBC players, it’s intended for WOTLK players who want to get their characters ready.

My guess is Aug 9th is the pre patch due to server consolidation on that day. I expect the EXP buff to either be sometime this week on a random day or the 26th.

But who knows.

Yup. And now they implemented the 50% buff

…but not for us.

And that is the whole point.

I know.
But my point is yours is coming. And they haven’t lied to you or anything alone those lines.

The thread is clear.

An EXP buff is coming for people to get ready for WOTLK.
The EXP buff isn’t designed to get people leveling up on TBC to play TBC.

Just as retails buff is getting people ready for season 4. I’m sure the duration of the buff will be the same.

why are classic players unable to distinguish between “difficult” and “tedious”?

1 Like

People screamed about wanting an authentic classic experience for years. With all the slow leveling and grinding they could sink their teeth into.

Now you’re mad you’re not getting an xp boost to make your leveling faster.

2 Likes

You all wanted #nochanges… You all got upset that it wasn’t ‘really classic’… Well have at it bud. Go get sweaty…

Peace.

The community and Blizzard are both happy with “some changes”. That is the new catchphrase.

As it turns out, the xp buff has been happily accepted by the community and anticipated since it was announced 4 weeks ago that they would give it to us.

And then they did give it…but not to us.

It’s now #somechanges and everyone wants something a little different. Which I knew was going to happen when they started changing stuff.

It was a mistake on their end. Not the players.

Just call me stupid/ignorant instead for being a classic player. That’s where you’re getting at here with this comment right? I apparently can’t define those words?

Can someone tell me how to play the classic version?

You’re acting as if they’ve given retail WoW, classic WoWs EXP buff, and now there’s no more EXP buffs to go around.

This isn’t retail vs classic.

This is everyone getting an EXP buff to get ready for upcoming content. It just so happens Season 4 is coming before WOTLK.

It’s simply a logistics matter regarding the timeline of content.

Relax.

You download it from the app. It is treated as a different game. But it is much smaller to download than Retail.

As long as you are subbed with retail, you can play Classic.

I recommend it. Even though Blizz forgets about us, it is still fun.

cmon dude, people have linked multiple times the tweet, etc. You’re just trolling at this point.

Doesn’t an XP boost sort of defeat part of the point of classic?