Gain the Winds of Wisdom 50% Experience Buff

right… we got the buff!

but only on retail… :clown_face:

nice one devs

2 Likes

This buff plus wow anniversary coming up plus darkmoon fair buff… mmmm

The 2 replies were pointless, if you don’t understand why bother saying anything. But I get you, and agree so an extent. For instance, who among you have missed an entire expansion and want to see what the big deal is and use chromie time to adventure… only to hit 50 and get nothing more from the expac 2 zones in… Do you continue on and earn no exp for the next however many zones? no you go watch youtube.

1 Like

and? They’re clearly staggering the buffs. This keeps people talking about the game and leaves others in anticipation.

Can we look forward to a rep buff in the near future like we did at the end of BFA? :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

:clown_face:

This is why I quit retail all together, you guys are good at baiting people with good things then go quiet on silence…

5 Likes

So let me see if I understand this. You guys said that there was going to be an EXP buff for Classic and TBC but without any announcement whatsoever, You guys drop it on retail first? like holy moly Blizz. I hope the people in Classic get a 75% increase instead of 50%, now if you will excuse me, I am going to get my character from 10-60 in a day, ttyl guys gals, and non-binary pals.

3 Likes

Why would this buff appear in the Classic versions if classic leveling is one of the appeals of going back to those iterations of the game? I’m confused.

Well I’d love to finish leveling my Dark Iron Dwarf Hunter for that set but I can’t login…fix yo stuff Blizz

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/1267344
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/1267341

6-8 weeks ahead of Wrath launch, a few weeks before the pre-patch. No date confirmed. Announced a month ago.

People are eagerly awaiting the promised buff because it’s going to allow players to prepare for Wrath’s launch, when the xp buff cuts out.

Giving an unannounced buff to retail is a little like teasing the Classic players.
Ha! Gotcha! lollol

2 Likes

This buff only lasts until August 2nd, so it won’t over lap with the anniversary buff or the DMF buff

3 Likes

the salt is so real lmfao lol lol lol 100 percent Savage Blizz super savage lol

FUN DETECTED

1 Like

Then perhaps the reasonable approach would be to release the announced buff first.

Imagine promising someone something, then instead giving that something to someone else it wasn’t promised to, and then just ignoring the fact that it was promised to the first person because “I’m still going to give them it, you know, like in 2 weeks”

It’s an incredibly stupid PR move to make. Of course it is going to make people upset. It would be stupid to think otherwise.

It’s because a month ago Blizzard said an almost identical 50% experience buff would be released in classic TBC “in the coming weeks”.
So understandably people have been expecting to see their buff drop for a couple of weeks now, whereas it looks like they should have actually said “in the coming months”.

3 Likes

Why does Chromie time still cap at level 50?

4 Likes

step 1. release unannounced buff for retail only
step 2. ddos their own servers
step 3. ???
step 4. profit

2 Likes

Didn’t this exact thing happen in a prior expansion?

I vaguely remember there being a past time in the last patch of an expansion where Blizzard put in a xp buff to level alts that would last a short time, followed by Blizzard later announcing that after feedback, they had decided to keep the buff active for that remainder of the expansion.

Not sure if it was Legion or BFA of WoD, I just vaguely remember going through these motions before.

4 Likes

This is a really bad move for a group of people trying to gain the trust back of their customers. seriously. its really not hard to give a warning for this. if its not our time whatever, but to not tell us hey this is commin out, but its not for yall, yours will be XX time… man im about to walk away before dragonflight even launches. if they cant launch buffs properly how are they going to do an entire xpack properly.

1 Like

For the people saying “they didnt say and exact date” then don’t announce anything. It’s literally that simple.

Don’t hype people up and make them think it will be “soon-ish” then go into the typical radio silence that blizzard do for years now…

At least folks on retail will enjoy this… but still it’s so garbage for classic players.

1 Like

what did they promise ??? they did say in the coming weeks. the fact you picked a day in your head of when it was is your issues not theirs lol weirdo lol

1 Like