Blizz forgot us

Summer is always from June 21st to September 20th every year?

No one in the English language uses September to mean summer. Doing so is intentionally misleading, if technically correct.

so “were not even one month into summer and theres still 2 months left”, see how that works when you use the proper terminology when referring to time?

Yeah you have to understand the pre-patch is prob no more than 4 weeks long. If Wrath hits near late Oct. you’ll see an XP buff sometime mid August - early Sept

imagine whining about people whining

2 Likes

They said that 4 weeks ago. I doubt they meant “in the coming months”. If so, they should have said that.

2 Likes

Guess you don’t know what a solstice and an equinox is then. You may not like it, but it does end September 20th.

You realize that prepatch release is only dependent on a finite set of fucntions being tested and verified. You don’t need Naxx complete to launch a prepatch with new talent trees, so no…there does not have be a complete Wrath Beta finalized before prepatch. That would actually be the least functional iterative development ideology I could imagine.

1 Like

If you said to someone once “Lets take a summer vacation!” and you meant September, you’re either a unique party of one, or a liar. I’m guessing you’re a liar.

1 Like

That’s totally excusable. Just say it.

:dizzy: c o m m u n i c a t e :dizzy:

3 Likes

corporate summer is different from summer in scientific terms. Do you still see summer merchandise in September, hell, in early August?

“If technically correct” was the qualifying part, I’m aware what an equinox is. Again, if you tell your neighbor that by “summer” you meant “September” while grinning about how technically correct you are, you might find yourself with an unhappy neighbor.

That’s because school’s off in July and August, not because September is not in summer.

Anyways. I don’t know about you, but September has been hotter than June for many years now.

Take a few days off. Don’t worry about leveling or grinding. Just relax. Bar-b-q or something. Visit a water park. Stop worrying about a WoW buff. You’ll be glad you did.

1 Like

Adults take summer vacations too. They don’t happen in September. See: every movie that ever included a summer vacation.

So you agree that when people discuss “Summer” in general, they are rarely, if ever, talking about September?

If Blizzard is trolling you all then it is both hilarious and deserved. They didn’t even set a date for the buff and people have been amping up their outrage over the past week like it was advertised for a specific day or something.

Be patient for once, its not a big deal. They will probably update in a couple of hours.

Oh yeah and then open themselves up to a tidal wave of hyper aggressive snark posting forum users. Yeah that sounds like a great plan.

People probably think of labour day as the last day of summer, but doesn’t mean it’s right… it’s usually because people go back to work/school then.

But the point is, if you specify “Summer”, don’t get surprised if it goes up to September 20, it’s a accurate as saying “by the end of the year”, despite what you think.

Anyways, can’t believe I’m having to debate that summer is the season between the summer solstice and the autumn equinox.

They did not set a date. But they said it would be in “weeks” and instead have crossed over into “months”

I mean, what’s the alternative? If there’s gonna be a meltdown regardless of what they do, I’d still rather them be transparent.