GDKP is a form of Boosting

They said it is a disruntion to the econ. Same thing lol

I saw someones awful geared alt get 2 items off Illidan in a Soft-reserve raid. Hes boosting. Ban soft-res raids!

1 Like

thats not solid proof that they said that. its just you saying that but trying to convince us that blizzard said it.

ROFL, True!!! ban soft res raids!

I mean literally. If I wanted to I could created endless pug raids and hard reserve any item I wanted but nobody cries about boosting. GDKP is boosting as much as any raid is boosting

One of the most common pieces of feedback we’ve received (and observed ourselves in our own adventures) is the concern about pervasive sales of dungeon boosting services in-game. It often overpowers chat with advertisements and makes certain channels hard to use for their intended purpose.

It’s also no secret that the gold from many boosting groups is used for illicit activities such as Real-Money Trading (RMT), as much of the gold that players pay to boosters is then sold for real money back to other players.

Now that we’ve seen the final major content release of Burning Crusade Classic, we will soon adjust the behavior of creatures in most dungeons (including the new dungeons coming in Wrath of the Lich King Classic) to make it significantly more difficult to endlessly snare and kite enemies. Additionally, we will implement a reduction to group XP earned when there is large disparity between player levels in the same group.

We’ve experimented with similar changes to most dungeons on our Season of Mastery servers, and we’ve found these changes to be very effective at reducing the efficiency of boosting groups. We plan to roll out these adjustments to Burning Crusade Classic realms at the same time as the Joyous Journeys XP buff , which should happen sometime in the next several weeks. Stay tuned for more information about that and when you can expect to see these changes hit live servers.

This is also a good opportunity to remind everyone that spamming chat channels with advertisements for boosting services outside of dedicated Trade channels is against the Terms of Service, and you should take every opportunity to report players that you see advertising for boosting services in channels such as General and Looking For Group.

We’re really looking forward to players joining us very soon in the Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta, and hope to be able to share more about that very very soon as well!

Here you can see the post.

Point #1: “It often overpowers chat with advertisements and makes certain channels hard to use for their intended purpose.” So blizz wants to reduce the dungeon boosting spam in chat channels.

Point #2: “It’s also no secret that the gold from many boosting groups is used for illicit activities such as Real-Money Trading (RMT), as much of the gold that players pay to boosters is then sold for real money back to other players.”

EMPHASIS ON “as much of the gold that players pay to boosters is then sold for real money back to other players.”

So Blizz says they are concerned with people giving their gold to boosters. And then those boosters selling the gold for real money. They did not say they believe most players are buying gold and then using that gold for boosts. They specifically are saying they know there are people who do boosts (the level 70s who are collecting gold) who then sell that gold.

(Personally, I believe there is a Point #3 we could infer from other blizzard posts about the game experience. That they want the world to be full, people questing, finding groups for dungeons together, etc. By eliminating boosting, more people will be engaging with other players in the world organically.)

A lot of people have wrong assumptions on what blizzard is trying to do by removing/nerfing boosting from Classic. And the specific ecnonomy/gold/RMT issue blizzard is addressing does not have an equivalent in GDKPs.

So whats that??? Just cause i said it. Learn how to read.

Report rdf and gdkp (same guy) for trolling and move on.

Not quite, as he isnt paying anyone. Its not boosting if nobody profits, its just the raid self-inflicting hardship on themselves.

Whether you get one person to carry you through a dungeon in which you pay money for a “Service”, or you get 23 people to carry you through a raid in which you give them money for a said “Service” GDKP is boosting no matter how you want to feel about it. It is other people doing the work while you pay for the advantages of it.

I think it is you who did not read correctly.

I love how they reported your post because they’re angry about the truth it speaks. No one like or wants these whales in the game. Just report them in game.

Agrees with idiots about banning gdkp. :white_check_mark:
Fewer than 10 posts. :white_check_mark:
RDF Alt :white_check_mark:

im not seeing where it says that the players are buying gold to buy boost? its just addressing the fact people are using their gold to boost and the gold gets sold. you still havent proven blizzard said Boosting = Buying gold

Are you a Gold Seller? I’ve never seen Someone Violently defend RMT GDKPs this much…

Um then who buys the gold lol? They just sell it back to blizzard lol. Round and round we go. Ok you win dude. You ask for a statement that you said doesnt exsit. I gave it to you.

I am very anti rmt.

I simply enjoy raiding on my alt in a gdkp raid. If getting rid of RMT will reduce my gear prices I am all for it.

Getting rid of gdkps gets rid of a solid raiding option for many.

It will also kill the player base too for many as well.

You Have to think About the Greater Good.

If A single GDKP can be RMT’d even If you Are not involved it Shows that they Can be Compromised and used by Bad Actors to further Ruin the Classic Experience for Thousands of Others as GDKPs are primarily Fed by Bot/Illegal 3rd Party Gold.

We must take a Hardline Stance and remove GDKPs completely in Order to Risk further Damage.