Classic TBC Servers down with no notice, again!

Uptime is not guaranteed, never has been (not even by “old Blizzard”), and seems like its pretty successful given how long it has maintained a profitable player base. No, I don’t work for Blizzard.

3 Likes

I was just playing yesterday with a buff that gave 50% exp what is that from? it was def TBC

Is this a bot?

Neet, guess I didn’t see any news article about a classic buff.

2 Likes

Not sure what you think freaking out is, I am showing the hard facts and asking the hard questions because most of you are sheep and don’t have the ability to hold anyone accountable.

ESPECIALLY when you pay someone and THEY REMOVE CUSTOMER SERVICE… think about that. Since the old days they have removed as many transactions with customer service as possible.

The fact that the community council people and the customer service reps are focused on blaming who didn’t send the right message has nothing to do with they could have tested the xp change on ptr and saved us time.

But once again if you want to pay them to literally have the worst support in modern day gaming. You do you…

2 Likes

WoW Classic TBC XP Buff Joyous Journeys is LIVE

On June 21, 2022, Blizzard Entertainment revealed that a “global buff” dubbed “Joyous Journeys” would be implemented in the following weeks of July. This buff—that affects all players on all servers—makes it so all sources of experience points award 50% additional XP. This extra experience includes quests, dungeons, and everything in-between.

I definitely had the Joyous buff yesterday and the innkeepers have a function to remove it if you dont want it

If they are so profitable they wouldn’t have dug up the old version of the game to keep their game alive.

They would have kept pumping out expansions, news flash they have not been doing well in recent years so…

1 Like

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23833251/wrath-of-the-lich-king-classic™-arrives-september-26

Least it last longer than the retail buff.

Hopefully they bring the server back soon then.

1 Like

There is no guarantee of unlimited uptime anywhere in the Blizzard TOS. In fact, it specifically states that your subscription gets you a login that you can use to access their service, there is no specification that those servers will always be available. They could technically leave their servers offline the entire month and no court would say that they owe you a refund, because you were able to log in and see their status messages.

Now, is that a good way to run a business? Obviously not. But Blizzard has, in the past, when downtime has gone on for multiple days given people free time as a goodwill gesture. A handful of hours where the servers had to be maintained in the middle of the day on a weekday isn’t remotely approaching the level where that kind of response is even sort of justified, and people are harumphing and thrashing like it’s the midnight before Black Friday and the ad said they could get a TV for $100 and they went out of stock.

Nope. Not ever. I’m a pre-launch date player since 2004. Not once.

This is an online video game. It is not worth getting this worked up over.

11 Likes

I don’t know what exactly what you’re referring to here, given the fact the olden days of Blizzard would have a week long wait for tickets that was common back than, jam pack phone-in service because someone and their pets was filing tickets/making calls for everything under the sun.

3 Likes

This is obtuse, and you know it. The urgency is it’s a game that I’ve paid to have access to. Turning it off during the time I’ve paid to have access is inappropriate at best. Their reasons for turning it off were because they wanted to implement an untested fix for something they deemed was a problem, but couldn’t be bothered to fix for the last 15 years. They can turn the servers on. They do owe me an explanation, and they’ve had this demonstrated to them time and again. Unexpected stuff happens when you hastily change something without testing it. It’s not inconvenient, it’s disrespectful.

1 Like

Listen, Blizzard has shown that they are trash and the company is turning people off who want to play the game.

At the end of the day it all comes down to lack of testing , or it seems like no testing.

ZA was bugged Monday when the XP boost was shadow turned on, it was reported before Patch day so they could have reverted the xp change, then go back to ptr with testing and come back the following week with the proper tested changes

1 Like

It’s not up top you to decide what anyone should or should not get “worked up over” any more than its up to me.

It’s understandable when downtime occurs it’s not liked, but to be honest there was never a guarantee of uptime. A lot of the agreements going back to vanilla in fact did explicitly state downtime could happen at any time, and the service was not guaranteed to always be up.

5 Likes

I can rember when they took realms down for 24hrs for prep for WOTLK

3 Likes

Think about this, customer service HAS GIVEN NO INFO ON THE ISSUES. LOL they are blaming the DEV team. Like own up and find out and then come back and tell us.

Like what kind of company doesn’t even know what’s going on to tell their clients. Like 0 answers for people, or to tell people if we cant fix it by this time we will revert the xp changes. Go test it more and release it when its ready.

2 Likes

but to be honest there was never a gurantee of uptime

If this is the case, Blizzard should charge based on time spent in-game. Not per-month and just hope the servers are up.

2 Likes

At this point you’re cutting into mainstream raiding hours. If you would have just told us that the servers would be down all day I would have done something else with my day instead of checking every hour while you string me along. Treat us better please Blizzard.

I know u would rather keep the thread open but maybe it would be better to lock this.

They also said they would release content on Tuesdays. Now its Thursday for world first races. Well that’s great for like 10% or less of players, now the other 90% of guilds have to fight with each other over making a new raid day as they missed their raid days when content is released after their scheduled raid days.

This has created a s*** show EVERY CONTENT WEEK RELEASE.

I mean if you guys want me to send all day explaining that you defending them makes you as stupid as the people who run this company then buckle up.

1 Like