50% exp buff and Fresh WOTLK

Anyone know if 50% exp buff will be available for fresh WOTLK? I can’t find any answers.

It will. The servers release with pre-patch. So you’ll probably have like two weeks.

Thanks! Perhaps rolling on fresh WOTLK is a poor idea. 2 weeks isn’t much time to level, gear and work professions.

It’s in the blue post about the buff.

But everyone would have 2 weeks as well. If they start it 4 weeks before launch or 4 weeks after launch, you are on the same time table as everyone else.

Except that established servers have boosters, items to boost professions, etc. while on fresh you don’t.

I’m not disagreeing. You said 2 weeks wouldn’t give you enough time on a fresh server, and I’m saying that it doesnt matter when the fresh servers start, its fresh. If they start fresh servers 1 week after wotlk launch, you aren’t “behind”, you are starting fresh.

You don’t have “two weeks” to prepare, you just go. And if you reach 70 in two weeks, you wait around a bit for northrend to open. You don’t have to be 70 when northrend opens.

You’ll be fine.

I was excited for fresh but cooling on it.

There will be thousands of players who have been prepped for wotlk for months who will roll fresh specifically because it’s fresh then quit for their main characters with launch date

Fresh servers going to lose 50% population in a single night. Gonna be awful.

1 Like

It’s going to be more than two weeks of xp buff for the fresh server seeing as Blizzard said two weeks of prepatch was too short, it’ll most likely be 4 weeks.

I’ve made this point I other threads. I’ll roll on a fresh server because I want to see the rush. I might play it a week or 2 just to see how things go but will have 0 intention to play come launch. People tend to like being part of the crowd.

Its a risk but I will have a couple of 70s on Grob leveled during the early part of joyous journeys incase my fresh server dies.

They will die, swiftly

That’s the whole point of fresh. People don’t want all that stuff and everyone is on even playing field.

This is my thought, and I’ve been debating moving over. Be nice to start on a fresh economy and not one already destroyed by bots and gold sellers. However, I’m fully aware it’s just a matter of time before it happens there.

When those transfers open up if it isn’t already on fire it will be then.

The fresh servers will likely have an economy similar to SoM, before they started to fizzle.

If you intend to play fresh, you have no one to catch up to. We are all starting at 1 with 0 gold. Not sure what the rush is.

Aww, hopium, it’s a powerful thing.

That’s exactly what I told your folks.

1 Like