Official Soar/Dragon Riding Mega Thread!

I started this post a week ago in response to the soar 30% nerf. As you can see, the community has exploded on the GD, as well as, the alpha forum channel and many alpha testers have been providing great video feedback on how it feels currently.

Please keep utilizing this thread as a focal point of discussion and thank you.

For starters:

Here is an amazing video pre-nerf and what the community could be experiencing:

Here are some good side by sides that show how much slower it feels post nerf:

Blizzard Team, please see the following links of the feedback provided on the forums:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dragonriding/1279462/92

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

82 Likes

Thanks for reminding them.

Blizzard please, all we ever wanted was to freely fly with our own wings without having to wait 5 minutes each time. If you’re not going to reconsider unnerfing Soar or reducing its cooldown, could you please give us a “Running Wild” ability, where we just fly with our wings with normal flying, wherever flying is enabled?

26 Likes

I got some glazed choco dipped Doughnuts and some filter coffee :yum:. Feels like heaven so I stopped reading the rest of your post :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Just a reminder Blizzard that there are people who support your change to soar and the reasoning behind it. Don’t capitulate to the vocal minority.

20 Likes

This all coming from a Demon Hunter where we have clipped wings…

1 Like

Pretty sure your in the minority on this bud

31 Likes

But not alone. I too support the Soar change in the hopes that Dracthyr will be unshackled from Evoker.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to remind them about the slime cat fiasco they need to fix as well :heart:

31 Likes

Something’s not quite adding up.

3888 posts and 3885 achieves, why are you swapping characters to double post?

3 Likes

steals a few donuts and a coffee and wiggles toes

Clearly based on all the posts upset about the change, it was far too OP.

4 Likes

This is rich coming from you

7 Likes

Yeah, the people with common sense that understand how ridiculous the current Drakthyr racial power lineup is.

5 Likes

I want Evoker to succeed and be a full on blast.

Once dragon riding is fully cemented in as a wow feature moving forward, my next ask would be to extend the momentum feature to druids and demon hunters.

4 Likes

Evoker is 100% going to fail because it can only soar at twice the speed of an epic mount instead of 3 times as fast.

Some people in this thread really need to get a grip.

8 Likes

Lol more like the devs using pet battles and chromie time as a reasoning to make it less fun

Every time the devs made a decision (azerite armor, legion Lego lottery, conduit energy) to micro manage the fun or the way people like to play has back-fired.

This decision is no different

17 Likes

Wow this is way better than the one I made lol

Also it wasnt immediately taken over by a troll.

Cept this one.

This person is a troll, they spent the entire weekend yelling at people that Dracthyr need nerfed because they think it devalues their mage for reasons

6 Likes

Still waiting on you to explain how its OP my dude, but it seems like all you can do is say you feel like it is with no proof or reason and then start hurling insults.

You know, like you dont know what youre talking about?

8 Likes

Hey thats me! Couldnt have said it better myself (because Im in the OP so I did say it! :D)

Shame the thread was immediately overtaken by the fun police who want to try to convince Blizz that the 2 or 3 thousands posts disagreeing with them are all wrong and these 3 or 4 angry trolls know some secret nobody else is in on.

8 Likes