The Soar nerf is unnecessary, heavy handed, and plain out unfun

The fact is the forums have blown up, as have the testers, youtube and twitter as well all with complaints about the Soar nerf, all very well documented and well written criticisms.

The players have seen what ActiBlizz has done with Soar and the overwhelming majority arent happy about it. ActiBlizz is most definitely aware of it at this point so it comes down to 2 simple possibilities.

1. ActiBlizz will correct their mistake and make good on their promise to listen to tester feedback this time.

2. ActiBlizz will double down, and either leave the nerf in or nerf it further citing “internal tests” and going directly against the will of the players and leaving us all to wonder whether this will be another botched expansion.

Either way this isnt a good look for a company who wants to convince the players they changed. Its just another example of heavy handed and unnecessary nerfs that serve to do nothing but suck fun out of a video game

ActiBlizz knows people are mad and now the ball is in their court as to how they wish to respond. They can either prove they learned a lesson from Shadowlands or they can punish players yet again to enforce their “vision” of how we should be spending our time.

35 Likes

I feel like that asmon’s video about this is pretty accurate. We have tried blizzards way when they said they couldn’t make corruptions/conduits/covenants freely changeable or buyable and that we wouldn’t like it. We tried that, and we hated it every second of the way. Now we are doing the exact same thing where they introduce a cool idea but then slowly start making it less and less fun.

16 Likes

Its exactly what they did with the Shadowlands Alpha. Torghast was so much fun in testing, people loved it but slowly Blizzard tweaked and nerfed and added and now we have a mess that people will do anything to avoid.

Thats whats happening to Dragonriding in Dragonflight, by the time it launches itll be so hated that we’ll all just be begging for Pathfinder to come back and give us the same boring flight mechanic from 20 years ago.

20 Likes

You should apply to work at blizzard, then work your way up to game designer so you can pitch your ideas to the actual people making the game, instead of on a forum where nobody of consequence will see it or care about it. Except the few hundred people reading them and saying “Oh cool another thread about soar! Man this is the best thing since the slime kitty rants!”

Haha yeah, totally we should just quietly let ActiBlizz spit on our faces and not at all execute our legally protected right to provide feedback when dissatisfied with the product we’re paying hard earned money for. Haha.

Touch grass.

10 Likes

I’m worried you may be right. I’m hoping not, as pretty much everybody has responded that the current iteration has problems compared to the original one everybody seemed to love, and so far they have been better about iterating on things that don’t work this alpha.

Newsflash: If you get something right the first time, DON’T CHANGE IT. And if you do change it and people don’t like it, CHANGE IT BACK.

It isn’t advanced calculus.

6 Likes

Why would I waste years of my life to have the exact same results as a forum post?

5 Likes

Which are, in turn, the best thing since the conduit energy and covenant swapping rants.

If only Blizzard could stop making stupid mistakes for no reason, then people could stop making all these complaint threads on the forums.

15 Likes

This is the most logical thing ever spoke on the GD…

8 Likes

Preach! Say it louder for the folks in the back!

3 Likes

LOL. Torghast was changed heavily in testing because of how much people complained about its original iteration. These forums blew up in complaining how bad Torghast originally was in testing.

The changes? Because Blizz listened to feedback.

2 Likes

Are people actually still surprised after 18 years?

1 Like

No, it’s Blizzard’s responsibility to listen to their community. We don’t have to prove anything to them. We have the money they want. They need to earn it. Full stop.

1 Like

This seems like it should rank dead last on the list of things in DF we should be concerned about.

False. People said “Remove the Timer. It sucks.”

Blizzard did remove it, but they removed the gear too, effectively ruining the activity.

ZERO people requested that gear be removed. If they had just removed the timer, everyone would have been happy.

4 Likes

Every little concession to bad design is what leads to a botched expansion. Its literally the little things that build the big picture.

3 Likes

This is also false.

People complained about the difficulty, about having to kill mobs. About not having to kill mobs.

They complained that they couldn’t AFK for 3 hours in the middle of a 20m run.

1 Like

Yeah and Ion is allergic to grapes, if he eats one the Oompa Loompas have to sing a song and roll him out of his office.

Sorry, its just that since youre making :poop: up I thought Id try too.

1 Like

Maybe to you, but it actually ruined the dracthyr race for me. I was excited to play them, and now I can’t even hear about them without feeling like they’ve been ruined. I no longer want to play them and am not looking forward to Dragonflight anymore as a direct result of this change and this change alone.

7 Likes

So it went from being unfun to being unfun?

Sounds to me like it was dead on arrival and yet they tried to force it anyway

4 Likes