Mages who support soar nerf

How would you feel if Blizzard decided to change your Teleport/Portals so they’re on a 5 minute cooldown and have a chance of just completely not working out how you planned leaving you a couple metres from where you were? Oh and best part you’d then be forced to wait 5 whole minutes before you can try again you know because fairness

10 Likes

Imagine not understanding the difference between being able to portal anyone (not just Dracthyr) to fixed destinations at major cities, and being the only race able to jump in the air and fly where you want to go 3 times as fast as anyone else every 5min.

32 Likes

Well,at one time it was 1 minute cd ,as for soar it has nothing to do with mages.

5 Likes

Yeah other races get to do it instantly, and whenever they want in the Dragon isles oh and it will be like so much better to use

Meanwhile Dracthyr get a worse version as a racial on a 5 minute cooldown

3 Likes

Why are we kicking mages over Soar nerf again? Soar post-nerf is still astronomically better than my Great Values blink.

Also we were told at the announcement of DF that Dracthyr would get a neutered version of Dragon Riding as a racial.

2 Likes

Dracthyr can do it anywhere (at double the speed of every other race), and on dragon isles they have access to both soar and dragon riding.

You effectively want to give Dracthyr(and only Dracthyr via soar) dragonriding everywhere, which shouldn’t need to be explained how ludicrous that is.

4 Likes

Because it felt unfair to throw demon hunters under the bus they deserve a break

It has something to do with what Ion said about traveling ,I see no similar in them .

Dragonriding should be available everywhere for everyone

Demon hunters, Drachtyr, and any other with wings need to fly!!! And we need dragon riding everywhere with every mount, so races with wings should have dragon flying too! No need to restrict the fun! Neutered versions is just neutered fun, and neutered fun is what blizz specializes in D:

5 Likes

I support this

That’s a different argument, and if/when it is available everywhere for everyone then I’d see no issue with Soar being allowed too.

However, Blizzard have made it clear this isn’t happening in the near term - so for the time being Dracthyr need to make peace with only being twice as good as everyone else.

2 Likes

They can double blink to and have the same damage us mages can because they are evokers (cast class) plus have heal all in one .so if this goes live mages are about gone from any dungeon-raid.

1 Like

Nah you still have the Intellect buff don’t you? so at least one of you might get in

But seriously Dracthyr have 25m range unlike Mage 40m

Doesn’t matter to a raider it’s the go go mentality . Who would you want damage and heals vs damage and intellect?

I do have to agree, that evokers look a lot more mobile than mages in terms of casting… and they can heal, and they have roots, and did i say they are very mobile? They also do a lot of good single and aoe damage like mages… and they have utility for groups unlike mages… and wait evokers are just advanced and better versions of mages </3.

But i really wanted a new spell caster for wow and ff14… and the new one on wow… looks like a mage but better. Wonder what they will do to make mages stand out for raid selection. I dont see anything in the talent tree… outside fire mages looking like they are gonna hard core dominate pvp.

I still love you mages for your delicious mana buns :blue_heart:

4 Likes

About only thing that we do good is buns ,dang i feel like a baker :disappointed:

2 Likes

what do you mean how Ludacris lol

why should it of been nerfed in Dragon isles? let alone old content thats not relevant?

when
You don’t get 900% speed using Soar immediately
there are many ways to get around all of old content this is only some of them

• mage portals + city portals + engineering portals, neche portal rings/cloaks

and there also adding in raid portals in wow shaodwlands season 4?

thats worldwide

soar can only be used once every 5min and fly on one map
somone on a steady 310% speed mount or taking portals or any other way of transportation can catch up in that time very easily wich i feel make’s the argument irrelevant

soar is on a 5min CD
to gain great distance you need to be up/at a high peak to even reach such a greater speed lol
and have to be far too attentive with it to even stay aloft, nobody has any idea yet until they try it for themselves just how actually difficult it can be to keep flying.
and doesnt have any of the recharge abilitys the dragon riding has

P.S. why would you ever want to use Soar over Dragon Riding in Dragon isles FUN GONE!!!

2 Likes

Wow, what did mages do to you? =[

This! Blizzard increased the CD for shimmer back in BFA or Legion (I forget now) because we were “too mobile,” but it feels as though everyone is so much more mobile than we are. Throw in the terrible yet mandatory RoP and mages get to play around a tiny circle on the ground while evokers get to dart around the battlefield. Sad day for mages =[