Friday Soar Nerf

Exactly, that makes now the best and most logical time to revert this and listen to player feedback.

2 Likes

So you approve of replies like this?

Nice. At least I try to keep it civil.

Soar nerf was dumb, don’t know why these people that aren’t even on alpha are defending it.

6 Likes

I saw the quote just now in your original post, something I had overlooked up until now. No, that message is absolutely reprehensible and I don’t condone it.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry, they are just trying to save face by keeping it this way for a bit before reverting it so they don’t make the absolute clown who got paid to decide to nerf it look worse.

2 Likes

Guys please try to maintain the conversation in the megathread so as not to spam too much the forums, thanks:

:heart:

2 Likes

So your so efficient you would create an army of mount farmers but at the same time you would choose to be slower so you dont have to be efficient?? And your gonna sit and think your a functional adult? LOL ok dude.

4 Likes

Well you can only create 1 and theyre worse at farming than Druids, which you can make like 10 of at a time… so…

4 Likes

This still makes me laugh cause Dark Irons can literally teleport to multiple raids zones. (All 3 of the Blackrock Mountain raids, Firelands, Black Temple, Icecrown Citadel, Mogushun Vaults, Blackrock Foundry, Highmaul, and Tomb of Sargeras) and Vulpera can set a second hearth to any raid they want.

And the warcraftpets community found the pet battle comment hilarious cause none of us care, they just want to try to blame someone to justify their bad choice.

8 Likes

You save more time playing Vulpera or Dark Iron than Dracthyr, and Mage than Evoker.

So maybe start complaining about those rather than Evoker if you care so much that some people might save a couple minutes.

4 Likes
  1. You don’t need to reroll. They start at level 58, you can play through the starting zone to 60, and with an hour or so of time played, you now have a Dracthyr alt that can oneshot every old zone in the game for all your (MAIL ONLY) transmog and mount farming needs, leaving your main free to remain in Valdrakken or wherever waiting for M+ queues to pop or whatever. No need to level or gear the Dracthyr, they come at 60 right out of the start zone!
  2. You won’t have to worry about making an army because, by virtue of being a hero class and starting at level 58 as mentioned above, you can only have one per server!
6 Likes

Yes, and if they did and people didn’t like it, they would have a right to say so, and probably even refund their purchase (or not buy it to begin with).

3 Likes

:nerd_face: Actually they have heroic leap, so you can farm mogs faster, and they have a rep bonus to get mogs/mounts faster

Right but if were all human warriors… until someone discovers that arms warriors leap further or something and then were back to square one

Yeah they could do that too but the point is alpha is when features aren’t even set in stone. Sure people can give feedback but if they have a certain design intent they are going to stick with it unless it just doesn’t work.

Not singling you out, but there has been far too many responses like this that shown me that a lot of people are being negative without even understanding how the ability actually works.

Soar being nerfed is just pure fun detection and the w would be unnerfing soar and releasing dragon riding into Azeroth right at DF launch

4 Likes

So let me get this straight, as a human/dragon hybrid with wings, I’m going to have to jump on the back of a dragon as a dragon to be able to go as fast as non dracthyr players, despite the fact that I have wings myself, am I reading this correctly?

6 Likes

This is exactly the logic that sunk the last two expansions. Which is why feedback is important. Sure, they might not listen to everything. But they are testing things in alpha for a reason. If people don’t like something, now’s the time to say so while there’s still time to change course.

3 Likes

They nerfed it because it was too fast right?

What advantage were they talking about when I, as a Mage, can literally teleport across entire continents in a literal instance with zero cooldown as much as I want while others have to first travel to a dock and then wait several minutes for a boat, not including the rest of the travel time getting to and from?

3 Likes

No speed changes but we are seeing cooldown reduction.

Evoker

• Racial Abilities

• Soar – Cooldown reduced to 4 minutes (was 5 minutes).
    • Familiar Skies now reduces Soar’s cooldown by 1 minute on continents that you have fully explored.
1 Like