Soar speed nerfed by 30%

Vynesttra perfectly reflects how many of us feel about this change:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dragonriding/1279462/81

Blizzard I read your reasoning and I fail to see how Soar’s original speed entailed any advantage whatsoever. It’s old content we’re talking about, not new current endgame. Druids can instantly fly and herb and have increased speed in instances, Mages can cast teleport/portal spells, Humans always reach first to Exalted compared to the rest of the races - so many races and classes have racials or spells that increase their speed or game time productivity.

Also, we have been asking for a cooldown reduction ever since we learned about this racial and you not only ignore it, but also reduce its maximum speed.

Can you please remove the cooldown entirely if you are not going to backtrack? We want to freely fly with our dragons.

Link to the original blue post:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dragonriding/1279462/71

49 Likes

They did, it’s just not what you wanted.

Plus, maybe it would be a fine opportunity to try to learn why they did it? Instead of acting like they ruined it? More over, why does it have to either be “the greatest thing ever made” or else “it’s completely worthless” extremes here?

10 Likes

I’ll accept the speed nerf if they lower the CD.

640% is still fast AF.

21 Likes

Saw this nerf coming a mile away. Kinda predictable.

8 Likes

Their inability to understand that folks are having fun with this damn dragon race has left me flabbergasted.

“Wow folks are having A LOT OF FUN. BETTER NERF IT”

49 Likes

Can the server even draw terrain in that quickly?

6 Likes

People were tracking soar to be twice as fast as flying mounts, is this actually a nerf?

3 Likes

Reducing the speed, fine, but not including a CD reduction along with that?
That’s just wrong…

20 Likes

So, you can still travel faster than everyone else but you’re upset it’s not twice as fast anymore? Did I get that right?

8 Likes

Typical blizz, nerfing UNWANTED things because “FUN DETECTED”.

19 Likes

If we’re comparing Soar to current max flight speed, Dracthyr travel twice as fast even with the nerf.

Before they were three times as fast.

4 Likes

Now add a 5 minute cooldown in between summoning mounts since they want it to be on par with soar lol

18 Likes

Yes because it’s something they can easily just give everyone with letting folks use their Dragonriding on Azeroth.

12 Likes

Fun Detected™.

This (along with the extra lag added to dragon riding) is probably the single most telling change that their new “philosophy” is drying up before it ever takes root.

They should have removed the cooldown. Going the other direction makes zero sense.

28 Likes

And the changes begin :smiling_imp:
Come launch time the thing people liked the most is gonna be one annoying experience
:laughing:

Blizzard working as intended lol

10 Likes

I’m upset they nerfed the speed without touching its CD

4 Likes

God. So many whiny children.
930 is VERY fast and you know it. Stop crying.

11 Likes

That’s the normal speed you’ll fly at with Dragonriding (930)

If Soar at least had a reduced CD along with this nerf, fine, I’d accept that, but no! CD is still 5 freaking minutes what the heck

8 Likes

The whole, entire point is for soar to be able to be used as a travel option. That’s the entire appeal.

Having a cooldown or being slower means it immediately goes into the RP bucket like the monk cloud. It’s stupid.

It’s a stupid change.

27 Likes

These are two separate issues.

The weight/lag they added to dragon riding is terrible and should be removed.

The soar racial ability is too OP as it’s usable in old world. It’s still twice as fast as flying mount and should absolutely not have the cooldown lowered.