Friday Soar Nerf

Just a friendly reminder that they nerfed Soar on a Friday hoping youd all forget about it by Monday so they could ignore player feedback. Dont let them.

The change was entirely unnecessary and is hated by nearly every single tester, they claimed it gave Dracthyr an advantage in empty zones yet not a single person can say what that advantage actually is.

They nerfed it to intentionally slow down the game and force players to stay online longer, this exact same philosophy that caused Shadowlands to fail so hard.

37 Likes

But Billy! If they don’t nerf it players who on their Dracthyr will have a distinct advantage leveling form 58 to 60, pet battling and doing old raids
 some how- as soon as they figure out how to fly inside of a raid.

10 Likes

Blizzard being Blizzard. Why are people surprised?

Expect the worst and you won’t be let down.

1 Like

I know! How unfair that Dracthyr can move through a zone from 16 years ago slightly slower than a druid or a vulpera or a mage! This is an outrage!

3 Likes

Soar and Dragon Riding never should have been the same in terms of speed. This ‘nerf’ and I use that term loosely since it is inconsequential and amounts to nothing. ‘Soaring’ is essentially gliding. Neither of which is associated with great speeds. The fact that soar could ever keep up with dragon riding was a foolish/ignorant design. They needed to increase DR or reduce soar, and we know which model they chose to do. I imagine people would have been crying the same if they had chosen to increase DR while leaving soar alone. It was a no win situation for Blizzard considering it did not make sense to leave them the same.

1 Like

Soar was nowhere near Dragonriding to begin with. It was always far slower and still is in Dragon Isles where it wasnt nerfed. Not only do you have no idea what youre talking about, your argument doesnt even make sense.

How does Blizzs boot taste?

1 Like

I’m glad they nerfed it.

I didn’t want to have to reroll or create a drakthyr army to efficiently farm mogs and mounts.

Duh, you use a vulpera for that. What good would Dracthyrs 300 yard jump do you

Probably need to nerf Vulpera next, then Druid and mage and then
 you know! Only human warriors its the only way everyones fair.

See, no need to be upset about the nerf then?

Farm transmog
dude its mail they have the least and the crappest tmog anyways and if you reroll to save 2 minuts to fly to a raid for farming
you have that 1% issue so stop trying to ruin fun for the sake of ruining fun this mindset is the current issue that the devs have they fix “problems” that aren’t probably

2 Likes

Seriously, their advantage is getting transmogs 10% faster than a hunter or shaman can provided they dont play Vulpera and only then in zones that have been empty for the past 8 to 16 years.

What kind of advantage could this possibly be? How can anyone believe thats an advantage and still be a functional adult?

You’re still twice as fast as current flying. I think you’ll live. Imagine being a functional adult and complaining about the movement speed of a playable dragon race in an alpha of an expansion still months from release?

No you arent. Thats optimal speed going straight down and it only lasts a few hundred yards. Standard flying is far faster and every tester can confirm that.

You have no idea what youre talking about.

2 Likes

I don’t even care about the soar nerf. It’s still ridiculously fast.

The real change everyone should be complaining about is the dragonriding change to make it feel more “weighty”. That actually applies to all players and from what I’ve seen looks absolutely awful in comparison to how it was before they changed it.

1 Like

Yeah, you are.

They ruined both, they need to fix both.

4 Likes

Honestly no fun has been ruined, the game play is not even out yet. Blizzard never should have let alpha test be public like it is. Sure they wanted to get the hype train going but now you have people complaining about nerfed content they have never tried.

The other thing is the WoW community is not reasonable so people will complain about it being an advantage and being forced to play a dragon for the speed. I understand Blizzard wanting to stop that from happening a little. Look at how people still complain about double jump and the caravan racial. I can see the complaints coming before people max out their dragon riding about dragons getting to things faster. Does it make sense, no but it will happen.

Most players are going to enjoy soar because they will not know what it was like in alpha. The only thing I can see has unreasonable is the cooldown on it.

Is this your excuse for making the thousandth post on this, in general, instead of the test forum it belongs in?

2 Likes

Yeah how dare people share feedback on a game they pay for

5 Likes

At this point, i don’t care. I’m not going to buy dragonflight, i wasn’t going to preorder it if shadowlands was bad, i made that promise on the forums back in bfa. With no focus on end game (what have they shown other than dragonflight), ignoring the community, and simply just not caring why should i buy and play? Let it burn and let the others who need that push to walk away and heal their lives.

1 Like