Reverse the Dragonflight nerf

Yeah? Even so, is the nerf so dramatic that it’s really going to ruin the entire expansion? You should see what some people are saying… it’s laughable.

1 Like

:joy: lol, yep - ya got me there.

But they should still acknowledge posts if they become a majority or mass issue. If it’s a minor thing, with a few then eh ~ but if it ends up spreading like a plague, they should know something needs to be done.

But it can never be as laughable as nerfing something because it offers players an unfair efficiency advantage in content they can’t even do.

That part doesn’t even make sense. As a Dracthyr, you can’t even utilize the Chromie leveling system as it goes extinct at level 50 on live now. That’ll obviously catapult to level 60 when Dragonflight releases, but level 60 is the level a Dracthry reaches upon completing their starting experience. How does this give them any sort of advantage in Chromie Time questing considering they can’t even utilize the system?

Using the toy to unlock every flightpath in every expansion in history collectively gives you a distinct advantage over a newer player, tenfold. I know, I have those toys and use them on every one of my alts. Makes traveling the old worlds much more enjoyable and easier.

It’s an unneeded nerf.

8 Likes

Well of course it was nerfed… fun detected.

1 Like

For me, although this change sucks - It’s not so much this specific thing, but the principle behind it, like I suggested earlier.

I just watched an Asmongold video and he said just about the exact same thing about it around 12:45 onwards through the video (Warning to others: Profanity is found in this video) –

In the video above, even Asmon points out the flaws in their reasoning. It’s like he said, the reasons indicate the decision maker doesn’t even play the game and why. And he’s 100% right.

9 Likes

Fair enough.

If it becomes more convenient, even if a bit slower, to point a mount in the direction and afk fly, then yes, it kills the entire racial.

So blizzard made something less fun and less useful, all in the name of pet battle travel time balance. #FunDetected

2 Likes

lmfao probably because no one actually gaf about Mount Hyjial or Barrens? Least of all a Dracthyr player. Ah yeah, totally. Just GOTTA take my level 60+ dracthyr, who is unable to even use chromie time, joyriding to Wailing Caverns to destroy lvl 30 mobs. Sweet. So fun. So challenging. Hard mode. Game of all time right there.

The main reason this blows is because, as a dracthyr, you’re most likely going to be doing the new content in the dragon isles for a good amount of time, and you’re staring at these large magnificent wings while you do it. But, since every single other player who is not a dracthyr will be going 30% faster than your racial, and don’t need to wait for a CD to do it, you won’t be able to keep up with them using your own damn dragon wings. And forget other people for a second, you’d just just be choosing the slowest way possible to fly, which is obviously a massive part of this expansion and with the dragon mounts that you’re given, leisurely "soar"ing around is an incredible waste of your time. You know because as if the name wasn’t a dead giveaway, Blizz wants to shove these stupid UN-nerfed dragon mounts in our face any chance they get.

So, literally, unless you enjoy being slow, which ON the dragon isles, is where dragons go VERY fast, the dragon that you play IS very slow. That is a fact on the dragon isles.

The rest of the game doesn’t even matter to because what incentive would I have to bring my dragon there over say a mage? Who can simply port everywhere? My mage gets everywhere in like 5 minutes max. My mage makes every single other class look like a snail. And there are no CDs on portals. So what, we should nerf mage ports now?

So no one really cares about that. And because no one cares about that, the whole game for a dracthyr is pretty much the new zone. And while playing “the game”, there is literally 0 incentive to use their soar racial in the dragon isles. Absolutely none.

It’s basically worse than a fluff ability. It’s spellbloat at this point. Just clogging up your action bars. Nice. Yeah totally want one of the worst fluff abilities taking up space. /sarcasm

I mean the spell was barely ok to begin with. We all tolerated the drawbacks because the speed was already the same as the dragon mounts. Like ok, can live with that. But now there’s 0 incentive to use it over the dragon mount. And again, idk what kinda weirdo dragon player is going to waste all their time flying in barrens but ok, whatever floats your boat. My boat is sitting in the place that actually matters when DF launches, and Soar does NOT matter at all there with this nerf remaining the way it is.

IMO, in order to give us incentive to use it, like at all whatsoever in any place other than social gatherings in the park, they need to either remove or severely reduce the CD if they’re going to keep the nerf, or simply allow it to be used in combat. Hell, make it even slower if it’s a combat cast. I personally really don’t care. I’d just like it to have relevance to the new content in some way. Pretty sure any other player wanting to be a Dracthyr can relate with that.

Flying fast was the fun part. Not the time sink, you could just auto run and leave if traveling was what it was about. Go look at some videos before opening your mouth.

1 Like

two weeks into DF him trying to farm herbs… “oh. that’s why”.

Yes, and you and the rest of the antisoarers are that loud minority. Many times in an obnoxious way.

1 Like

Well you’re now just proving my point to which I already addressed. :upside_down_face:
To quite literally quote myself -

So thankyou: For proving me right. :heart:
Although I’m sure you’ll protest about that too, but we’ll simply agree to disagree on that matter.

Anyway like I said, it wasn’t the particular change that vexed me the most - but the mindset from which it was created —

I did look at videos. My opinion still stands. And technically I’m not opening my mouth, I’m typing with my fingers.

You are confusing me.

Are you against or in favor of the nerf?

My argument is that the real majority is AGAINST the nerf, while the vocal minority (who as usual claim to be a majority when they clearly aren’t) are in favor of the nerf.

I understand the disappointment but yeah I think this is still a molehill

bruh is that a joke? be happy with the crumbs you say?

Changes like this make me nervous because it is indicative of the bs thinking blizz has been using for years that destroy fun and drive people away

3 Likes

Guys please try to maintain the conversation in the megathread so as not to spam too much the forums, thanks:

:dragon:

You don’t get to decide what the mega thread is, maybe I want this to be the mega thread