Please rethink the soar nerf

What was the nerf?

They reduced Soar’s max speed by 30% while leaving the ridiculously long 5 min cooldown untouched.

Soar being merc’d into Zen Flight and Forge of Light is only the first “L” we’re gonna take with this expansion. There’s a faction within blizzard product development that is absolutely convinced that games can’t be fun if they don’t tick you off.

Pathfinder. Legiondary acquisition. AoE cap. Azerite armor. Essence unlocks. GCD change. Conduit energy. Covenant cooldown. Rep locks. Again and again and again.

And then, in 10.2.5 when the metrics are in, they’ll acquiesce and make a big apology and release a dev blog called “we hear you” or similar, and we’ll go around again.

Make soar = dragonriding. Make dragonriding usable everywhere. Huge “W” and prove they’re really listening to feedback and not ready to stubbornly die on another hill with their colossal egos.

It’s a no brainer decision.

5 Likes

Exactly, which is why you know it’s going to take them three patches before they actually make this decision–or longer. If they ever do.

Just do it now, Blizz, everyone will thank you. You can work on adding the new flight mechanics to existing mounts (with a toggleable option to keep old flying active) later.

2 Likes

Lol I’m pretty sure they won’t do it but hey one can hope :smiling_face_with_tear::joy:

Guys please try to maintain the conversation in the megathread so as not to spam too much the forums, thanks:

:star:

2 Likes

I’m good, I like having my own thread.

1 Like

But Soar is not a combat ability, and gives no advantage in ANY current content (which is where most players spend MOST of their time), and Dracthyr can ONLY be Evokers, and if Evokers are NOT meta (or close to it), people will not be bringing four of them to dungeons. And if they ARE meta, it will not be because of Soar.

No one is going to play Evoker in competitive content SOLELY because of Soar. If he ends up with 4 Evokers and a tank, it will be because 1) everyone is playing the new class because it’s new (which many will do regardless of Soar); or 2) because Evoker ends up being OP/meta in general, which again, will have nothing to do with Soar.

Druids already have instant travel form, immunity to polymorph, and four specs across all roles of the game, and you still don’t end up with groups of five druids. I don’t see how a more restrictive class with an arguably slightly better travel ability under ideal circumstances will be any different.

Nobody is going to shelve their current main and play a race and class they do not like in order to fly faster to pet battles and transmog farms in Kalimdor once every 5 minutes. That makes no sense, and if you think it does, then you are the one who has a problem with critical thinking.

I am not saying that everybody won’t be playing Evoker, but I am saying that Soar (whether it is nerfed , not nerfed, or outright deleted from the game) WILL NOT be the reason people are playing Evokers, especially not in dungeons.

6 Likes

Folks really need to understand math better. And I am not responding directly at you, Holytemplar, just responding to the thought in general.

A reduction from 930% to 640% IS A 31.18% reduction. It is also a decrease of 290 percentage points. There is a big difference there.

For a moment, forget that there is a % symbol on the end of the numbers. It could easily be 930$ or 640$.

930 - 640 = 290
290 is 31.18% of 930

When the number in question has a % symbol after it, and you are SUBTRACTING, you are talking about a 290 percentage POINT reduction.

But, going from 930% to 640% is (rounded down by 1.18%) is roughly a 30% reduction.

Going from 200 to 100 is not a 100% reduction. It’s 50%.

Math… its amazing…

1 Like

If you’ve been running around on foot in Classic wow for 20 levels, then anything faster than a snail will seem fast enough for you.

If you don’t get it I can’t help you. You’re reframing the conversation and purposely ignoring points I’ve made so it isn’t worth it.

Personally, I don’t understand the nerf–or the need to make soar ‘different’.

I’d love to see soar just be a cosmetic version of dragonriding, only allowed where dragonriding is. But I admit, I’d love a cosmetic ‘normal flying’ version, too, since Blizzard will be keeping normal flying and seem iffy about keeping dragonriding. Let people who want to be a dragon… well, feel like a dragon. The worry about people not engaging with mounts over it is untrue, people will still sit on their shiny mounts in hubs and cities to show them off as they do now.

5 Likes

Right back atcha.

Ditto.

2 Likes

…Right. This is the first time I’ve spoken to you about this. You’re the one who came in here and selectively responded to parts of my post. I don’t think you understand what I’m saying and you’re just saying “ditto” to be witty.

Yep.

Okay. When? The post you responded to is me quoting and responding to a different person, so I assumed you were either an alt of that person, or were just randomly responding to me out of context 22 days later.

When? Because that’s not the post of mine you responded to.

You’re right. I don’t know why you came in here and randomly responded to a post I made 22 days ago replying to a different poster, acting like you were tired of trying to explain something to me (when you had never tried, because, again, this is the first time we’ve spoken).

So you started a conversation with, “I’m tired of trying to explain this to you and you keep ignoring me” when neither of those things are possible because we haven’t been having a conversation. You obviously didn’t want a real conversation, so I figured throwing your nonsense back at you was appropriate.

1 Like

How so? Didn’t hurt anything. Was nothing wrong with it. Was just fun. This is such a stupid hill for blizzard to die on.

1 Like

Nah we can post here. Thanks!

1 Like

This is a non issue lmao. This would never be a thing :joy:

1 Like

necro away, you are undead…

the literal selling point of this expansion was that dragon soaring and riding dragons and theyve…lmao…already butchered it.
Leave it to knights in here to defend ruining more of this game while we’re at it, lol

2 Likes