Blizzard Who Hurt You? - Soar Nerf

Anyone else read through this and find it mildly hilarious that the only real supports of Blizzard on this nerf are MAGES of all people? Like, come on now. Mages don’t get an opinion on this hahahah

3 Likes

Flying is too OP? Guess we should all go back to ground mounts so we can be on “similar footing” everywhere.

1 Like

Even that reasoning still sucks because dragonriding was superior to soar in every possible way to begin with. It’s not as if it was unique from dragonriding in that it could be used in combat. If it was, literally all drawbacks to soar in comparison would be more than acceptable, including speed nerfs.

1 Like

Yeah I also noticed. Maybe it’s jealousy, who knows.

1 Like

There was one mage character who straight up admitted to thinking that Soar would make mage less important because it would be more fun than teleport.

5 Likes

Guys please try to maintain the conversation in the megathread so as not to spam too much the forums, thanks:

:snake:

Yes, it is super fast. In old world content that doesn’t matter. There is absolutely no reason to care about it. Now if it was the new content and they could go faster than anyone because they were the only one capable to do so I would understand.

However everyone will have dragonriding, so nerfing them was silly. Nerfed why? Because someone could fly from Stormwind to Bootybay in like a minute? Doesn’t matter. Flying from Hyjal to Silithus in around 3 or under? So what? What is going on in these zones that someone is afraid one race/class can get to faster than them? We have mages, warlocks, and the ability to play the new race/class ourselves. Getting around in the blink of an eye is literally a non-issue.

Their argument of Chromie time is ridiculous in its own right because they start at 58, Dracthyr will not be in Chromie time for a very long time. You cannot fly in dungeons or raids that they have not provided flight for themselves, and pet battles? Seriously? This has existed long enough that the most competitive part of finding the rares was already done when released. Anyone doing it now is chilling out, new or bored. There is no rush “gotta go fast” now motivation.

With the changes to the AH and professions the battle for old world herbs and making money is a moot point. There is no argument that anyone can give in favor of the nerf that will hold water other than “I don’t like it, so no.” It’s fine not to like things, don’t get me wrong. I hate open world PVP, but I don’t advocate to have it removed or changed to my taste.

My point is, going that fast in the open world where there is nothing to compete over is inconsequential. They aren’t leveling, farming, or what not. If it’s farming for mounts in the open they are worried about, the only people affected by this are those that camp the spawn already anyhow.

They don’t get vigor, they cannot build up extra boost or anything. The 2 skills they have are also on a 5 minute cool down, so they cannot stay in the air long enough to make use of a second charge.

14 Likes

Ok, so why is it only 900%? Why is there not outrage that it isn’t 1800%? 3000%? Faster is better! Dracthyr should be able to fly from moonglade to silithus in 15seconds! It’s a slap in the face they can’t!

It’s alpha and they are constantly testing and changing things. What if they made it 890%? Would that be an outrage?

we hurt them.
we did.

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate your critical thinking skills can’t possibly comprehend that the race who’s gimmick is to fly around will now be forced to fly around on the dragon mount instead because the speed difference is even more massive than the difference between the first level of flying and the fastest level of flying we have now and that people would be upset over it.

Anyways Blizzard, please buff the speed up to the max of dragon flying again so we can out an end to this nonsense so people like the guy I replied to can stop embarassing themselves.

11 Likes

It’s unfortunate that your critical thinking skills can’t possibly comprehend that the gimmick racial that allows the race to fly should not be as good as the entire dragonriding system that requires an expansions worth of training to maximise.

And it isn’t.

8 Likes

Why, because you said say so? Lmao

Crazy how there are 10 threads sitting between 200 and 500 posts in GD, 2 feedback threads sitting even deeper and all of it negative feedback about the Soar nerf and yet the people desperate to shill for Blizzard are pretending its only 2 or 3 people throwing a fit.

Weird how facts and reality dont suit their argument.

6 Likes

Indeed. I remember the old days when anti-high elf posters would gaslight high elf fans the same way, but I gotta admit antisoarers are way worse

1 Like

Not much has changed honestly, any time someone wants to give feedback on the game the same handful of people will pop into any thread to call people names.

Now the gaslighting technique is just pretending the alpha forums dont exist and that every youtuber, streamer, tester, and community council member are either liars or crybabies.

5 Likes

Nailed it :100: :point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3:

3 Likes

We did, the players, when we buried our collective boot in their backsides for trying to get rid of flying for good in WoD. They had to put flying back in the game, but to get back at us, they implemented pathfinder and limit flight at every conceivable opportunity. Pretty childish if ya ask me, and even if you don’t ask, I’m saying.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

2 Likes

Um… do you actually look into what you say? Or you just being a troll on purpose now?

Its NOT as good as the entite Dragon Riding system. It was par with the BASE version. But DR gets alot of upgrades in terms of Vigor and other abilities to stay in the air longer.

Soar had the same potential max speed, but with none of the Vigor systems, and talent tree, so you were always at a disadvantage compared to DR. Not to mention the now 2 min CD reduction. (Was 5)

5 Likes

Wait what? 2 mins? I thought it was 4 min (3 min if the map is fully explored). Am I missing something?