Dracthyr Normal Flying

I don’t understand the desire to remove flying…

This seems like the easiest big win the team could ask for.

3 Likes

Druids can fly in flight form, monks have their little hover cloud, demon hunters can glide with their wings out. If Jaina can make an entire freaking pirate ship fly then why the hell cant actual DRAGONS in the form of Dracthyr fly?

5 Likes

In all honesty it’s ridiculous they can’t fly and Dragonflying is on such a long CD…

All they had to do was in old Azeroth content make soar work as a normal flying mount… and whilst in Dragon Isles it turns into Dragonflying…no cool-down needed works as normal mounts.

Boom, problem solved, they can fly and dragon ride.

6 Likes

Ok, this is kind of insulting now. I just finished the starting experience in beta and the intro to the Horde part.

In both quest lines it clearly shows Dracthyr flying, not just gliding with soar. I just delivered a message to a group of Dracthyr and they casually took to the skies and flew away.

This really needs to be an option for the playable Dracthyr as the NPCs can do it.

#ToTheSkies

4 Likes

Knowing them, they’d probably add Dragon Riding style flight for the rest of the game world, but then use that as an opportunity to further nerf Dracthyr flight.

They can its there racial ability it’s called “Sore”. its 610% speed down from the 940% and its on a 5 min CD. It can’t be used in dungeons or in battle.

I agree with this but i doubt Blizz will let it happen.
Edit: Plus There is a maga thread about this, it can be found here: Official Soar/Dragon Riding Mega Thread!

“If I have wings, why am I always walking?”- random dreadlord.

2 Likes

The Dracthyr NPCs appear to be able to fly normally; it would only make sense for the players to be able to as well.

Maybe enable it when normal flying is released for everyone?

3 Likes

Soar is not flying, it is a cheap version of Dragon Riding.

I am talking about normal standard flying. Like a druid shifts into flight form I should be able to hit a button and fly with my wings.

9 Likes

Been playing around in the beta, and yea after running around on my evoker for awhile now it feels so derpy to have to get onto a dragon, as a dragon.

Worgen have Running Wild, why not Drakthyr with Flying Wild?

12 Likes

C’mon Blizz, grab this easy win and let the Dracthyr take #ToTheSkies

5 Likes

You be a dragon riding a dragon and you like it!

Of course, it is completely ridiculous and Blizzard is just wrong for making folks do so.

It’s such a dumb concept. lol

3 Likes

Let us fly free!

1 Like

This is gonna get about as much leeway as the “Give Worgen Tails” thread.

Next patch after release there’s gonna be a Dracthyr joke on why they don’t use their wings to actually fly.

This is so very different. I am not asking for anything new to be added to the models. The animations are already in game because the NPCs fly all the time.

I am just asking them to add something that is fun (I know, how dare I?) and that just makes sense.

7 Likes

To the skies!

3 Likes

The arrival of the expansion is nigh, you really should let us fly!

5 Likes

I completely agree with this. Especially since druids already can. Simple as that.

3 Likes

To The Skies!

3 Likes

Agreed drakythr should get normal flying just how worgen get their ground mount run. Idk about dragon riding for the reason that it would cost you alot of customization if you didn’t get the dragon.

1 Like