Another reminder to remove soar nerf plz

Omg run for cover :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

1 Like

If these threads continue, nerf it more, honestly. It’s still miles ahead of traditional mounts in old content, which is it’s main area of function.

These threads honestly make me laugh. Saw a video comparison trying to show off “how bad” the nerf is with a pre-nerf Soar, current Soar, and traditional mount side by side. Nerfed Soar was like 11 seconds behind pre-nerf, and still 35 seconds before a traditional mount. It’s still a massively good ability.

4 Likes

It’s a nerf in Alpha.

It’s still a nerf.

1 Like

You people are making a strong case for closed Alpha and Betas.

This is going to be a very long Alpha/Beta period if the GD forums are going to start losing their minds every time something changes.

i am with people whom want it back
the reason they gave was laughable at best
if that was the reason then why did you not hit the worgen and druids when we were in the maw before mounts were unlocked or maw mounts was acquired?

5 Likes

Providing feedback about changes we don’t like or disagree with is precisely what Blizzard has asked us to do.

If you don’t like it, there’s this useful tool at the bottom of each thread that lets you mute it and you won’t have to deal with our feedback. Amazing, isn’t it?

1 Like

Most people in these threads don’t know the difference between constructive feedback and whining. They won’t stop complaining until they get their way. That’s not helpful for anyone, and is pretty much useless for designing a good game.

If you don’t like me providing commentary on how pointless this kind of “feedback” is. There’s handy tools you can use to deal with it.

2 Likes

You don’t seem to know the difference yourself either, as you keep quoting me as if I were whining when all I’m doing is providing feedback and insisting on it.

I don’t appreciate your attitude in all the Soar threads making derogatory comments about other forum users simply because you disagree with them. That’s why I insist - use the appropriate forum tools to ignore us if we bother you so much. Or report us to the moderation team if you think we violate the TOC.

3 Likes

See? That’s what I mean. That’s not giving constructive feedback. It’s having a fit.

It’s literally not. You haven’t had a child, have you?

Yes I have, but I don’t see what that has to do with not letting you have the echo chamber you desire.

And neither does the community council and judging by Blizz’s response in that forum they really aren’t that interested in feedback

That being said, abilities in alpha are just tuning and not a nerf. None of these things are live or affect anyone’s current gameplay

You should then know the difference between throwing a fit and giving an opinion.

I like it when people come and express their point of view. What I don’t appreciate is people coming to cause unrest and demean others because they don’t agree with their views, like you are doing here.

Is the Evoker in game right now? No. Is soar available in game right now? No. Has anyone in game been using soar as a racial in SL? No.

This is tuning on an unreleased class and race in alpha before it’s released to the live servers and affects players. This ability is in no way a nerf for anyone in game right now.

2 Likes

Does the definition of the term “nerf” specify whether the version of the game has to be live, alpha or beta? No.

It’s a nerf in alpha.

It’s still a nerf.

If you have an opinion about whether you agree with the nerf or not, go ahead and express it.

1 Like

Nerfing fun is just par for the course.

I doubt they would give both, maybe a lesser cooldown but giving one class triple speed in all non-df zones would be a bit much.

1 Like

Yeah I doubt it myself, but I want to be sure they know what we want, because I just know they won’t give it to us. So they’ll try to find some sort of compromise.

I wouldn’t mind the speed being further nerfed if that meant a 0 min cooldown, or its speed to remain untouched, but the cooldown reduced to 1-2 mins.

I’d find that acceptable.

Guys please try to maintain the conversation in the megathread so as not to spam too much the forums, thanks:

Right if it were slightly faster than a flying mount at top speed (to make up for needing to get to speed) with a 0 cooldown or even like 1 minute that would be good.

1 Like

I’m playing in alpha right now and I can’t fly to save my life. It feels like the starting zone and all that was made for the faster soar but then it got nerfed it feels weird.

2 Likes