Soar Compromise

Understandably, the nerf to Soar speed has caused a bit of an uproar. Also understandably, it is outside of a racial ability to gain access to something as strong as dragon riding. Instead, I propose a solution that should fix most of the criticisms on both sides.

Give the Dracthyr race access to an ability akin to Running Wild from the Worgen which gives them flying mount capabilities.

Give the Evoker class Soar. Nerfed in the old world and unnerfed with access to dragonriding passives when in the dragon isles.

This solves the issue of many (or theoretically every) class having access to Soar, given the eventual plans to All Race All Class Blizzard has mentioned. Likewise this grants Evokers a consistent option to fly with their wings everywhere and, should dragonriding be enabled everywhere, that same power. This also grants windows for tuning to dragonriding or future mechanics which use the same framework.

A lore wise explanation is while all Dracthyr can use their wings to fly in some fashion only Evokers can channel their draconic heritage enough to tap into dragonriding.

3 Likes

I’d love that compromise. :+1:t3:

But guys please try to maintain the conversation in the megathread so as not to spam too much the forums, thanks:

:snake:

2 Likes

Folks will build a bridge and get over it. 99% of the population will only know it as the racial trait they have. Whatever alpha iteration was, will be just that.

There’s literally no need for compromise. It was just alpha. It’s a blunt take on it, but that’s what it is. :frowning:

1 Like

Ah, fair enough. I will repost it there – I didn’t see anything started by a blue so I just made a new post.

1 Like

Until they add additional classes for the Drakthry…that’s not a compromise at all. At this point all your idea does is give Drakthyr/Evokers yet another racial ability on top of Soar.

And when (if) they do unlock additional classes for Drakthyr, this will just cause a new uproar for the classes that don’t get faster Soar speeds and how it doesn’t make sense.

Sounds good to me

I see we’ve moved onto the third stage of grief: bargaining.

1 Like