Nightmare Dungeon Affixes can git gud with this updated system! đź‘Ť

Part 12 of my posts to try and get D4 improved. I am going to post one-three ideas per day for a month then post a table of contents at the end. Hopefully these can gain some upvotes and dev attention or comment! I was going to just do one post but it would have been way too big. Please upvote and keep it positive guys!!

Monster affixes in nightmare dungeon need an expansion and update. Resource burn, crit damage loss, need to go and stay gone. Dungeon positives would now have a chance at rare, legendary, and mythic positive affixes
(Negative ones do not have this expanded type list as it would not be fun to roll mythic negatives ect and so are limited). To prevent abuse no dungeons should respawn enemies or reset. Note also that spawned enemies can be killed and drop loot as well.

Common Positives (White color text to keep consistent with common items.
A) Fast Movement - Gain 15% movement speed.
B) Power Core - Core skills deal 15% more damage.
C) All Resistance - Gain 15% all resists.
D) Empowered Resource - Gain 10% max resource.
E) Hyper Attack - Gain 10% attack speed. 15% instead for basic skills.
F) Summoning Stones - Minions move and attack 15% faster.
G) Brothers in Arms - Bonus 5% XP while in a party with both members in dungeon.
H) Divine Focus - Skills cost 10% less resource.
I) Flux Fields - Your barriers are 20% stronger.
J) Diamond Skin - Damage reductions are increased by 20%.
K) Forge Hammer - Dungeon contains an interactible forge hammer. This repairs all your items for free.
L) Bag of Holding - One extra item when you complete dungeon. This item can be rare, legendary, or unique.
M) Legend Lore - Dungeon has 2 events.

Rare Positives: (Yellow color text)
A) Goblin Habitat - Dungeon contains at least 1 treasure goblin.
B) Me like Sparkles - Monsters drop extra gold.
C) Good Glyph - 25% more experience for your glyph.
D) Starfall - Clicking a door, chest, lever, or such will cast a powerful starfall AOE around you that damages enemies with shadow, cold, and lightning.
E) Magic Forge Hammer - All magic and common items dropped in dungeon are now at least rares. Dungeon contains an interactible magic forge hammer. This repairs all your items for free and upgrades them to level 1 if level 0.
F) Bazaar - Zone contains 3-7 vendors wtih expanded inventory of items and a very small chance at legendary items for sale.

Legendary Positives: (Orange color text)
A) Goblin Den - Dungeon contains at least 2-4 treasure goblins.
B) Me like Shinies - Monsters drops extra gems and gold.
C) Great Glyph - 50% more experience for your glyph.
D) Invisible Cube - An invisible cube has accumulated great wealth in the dungeon but is invisibile. Find and defeat it for lootsplosion!
E) Tears of the Fallen - All dropped items in dungeon are ancestral on tier 4 and sacred on tier 3.
F) Phoenix - If you would die instead deal a large fire AOE as a phoenix and return with full life. - 5 min cooldown.

Mythical Positives: (Purple color text)
A) Goblin Prime - Dungeon contains at least 5-10 treasure goblins and 1 King treasure goblin.
B) Me like Glowing - Monsters drops extra gems, gold, and items.
C) Grand Glyph - 100% more experience for your glyph.
D) Legacy of Cain - Dungeon contains at least 1 unique item.
E) Curiosity Chest - Dungeon contains a 1000 obol chest.
F) Midas Touch - You have greed buff for entire dungeon. IF you gain the greed buff again by a shrine it instead drops 1 million gold.

Negatives (Negative affixes are now light red text.) I tried to make these interesting at least and not completely annoying AF but maybe some are. :man_shrugging:
A) Tempests - Damaging large lightning storms occasionally strike and sometimes spawn lightning elementals. (Spawns are not permanent and will run out eventually)
B) Frozen Wasteland - Damaging large cold blizzards occasionally strike and sometimes spawn ice elementals. (Spawns are not permanent and will run out eventually)
C) Meteor Showers - Damaging meteors occasionally rain down and spawn earth elementals. (Spawns are not permanent and will run out eventually)
D) Full Moon - Monsters attacks deal poison and elites occasionally cast shred.
E) Fissures - Damaging fissures randomly open in the map and fire embers and spawn fire elementals. (Spawns are not permanent and will run out eventually)
F) Black Holes - Black holes randomly appear in combat, limit vision, and knockback players and enemies toward the black hole.
G) Blood Pools - Dungeon is infested with blood pools. Vampires with vampiric affix occasionally spawn from these pools. Blood pools drain 1 potion charge if entered. (Spawns are not permanent and will run out eventually)
H) Haunted - An invulnerable ghost follows the player and casts Sever, Bone Spirit, and rarely Army of the Dead.
I) Sapped - Players slowly and constantly lose health overtime to a limit of 1 life.
J) Demonic Chains - Players move 15% slower in combat.
K) Arcane Graveyard - Zone has a large amount of extra shadow damaging skeleton mages.
L) Crumbling Acropolis - Zone has many extra fallen lunatics.
M) Rotting Fumes - Healing potion is 33% less effective.
N) Desecration - Large sections of the map floor are covered in poison. This descrated area occasionally spawns zombies. (Spawns are not permanent and will run out eventually)
O) Slow Time - Projectiles are 30% slower.
P) White Holes - Rare Negative - White holes occasionally appear, increase vision, and grant all players and enemies 33% movement speed in a large radius. Enemies are permanently buffed while players are not.
Q) Conflux - Rare Negative - Zone has 2 at random of tempests, frozen wasteland, meteor showers, fissures, arcane graveyard, desecration, and blood pools.
R) Butcher Den - Very Rare negative. Higher chance for the butcher to spawn. IF he does spawn here he also brings in 3 elites.
S) Greater Conflux - Very Rare Negative - Zone has 3 at random of tempests, frozen wasteland, meteor showers, fissures, arcane graveyard, desecration, and blood pools.
T) Greater Reroll - Rare negative. Roll again and treat it as a Greater version. Ignore Conflux rolls. 3 examples:

1. Greater Tempests - Damaging large lightning storms often strike and sometimes spawn lightning elementals with some of these elites. (Spawns are not permanent and will run out eventually)
  2. Greater Arcane Graveyard - Zone has a huge amount of extra shadow damaging skeleton mages.
  3. Greater Demonic Chains - Players move 25% slower in combat.

Thanks for reading and as always be happy, dungeoneer to sigil 100, and may the gobs show up in your dungeons

11 Likes

I dig it. The current NM affixes are all boring and I welcome more spicy rewards for doing them

1 Like

Here is a good start! I like.

1 Like

Sorry guys I dint copy paste the new negatives from my notepad file at first post. Fixed now.

I very much agree with the basic premise here.
They need to get away from the very generic sigils. Some sigils have to be so powerful and rewarding to run (and of course rare to find), that you will do them, no matter what the negative modifier is. That is part of how we get more diversity in NM dungeon runs (which is a good goal).

2 Likes

Portal - lame, but whatever
Blister - lame, waste of time
Lightning thing - lame
Storm bane - lame

So lame

1 Like

I made some stuff like that so it might be bad. Like the haunted one.

For the negative affixes, I salute the effort, buy anything that is based on aoe stuff will be alot of pain with all these corridor style dungeons.
You can make them small enough to don’t cover the entire path but there will have many situation where they spawn in the middle of a fight and we can’t see them, so you have to make them big/wide enough to be noticeable.

These kind of positive effects would add more meaningful reward than the current system and I really like your ideas.

Good template and also an effortless way to make the game more interesting.

I would definitely read the nightmare sigil descriptions if there was content like that.

Imagine 1 random person online can think about this but the entire blizzard dev team cant.

Thanks buddy!!!

They definitely need more dungeon affixes to work with, both positive and negative. Good ideas!

1 Like

Dude…Blizzard is not going to aggregate your walls of text to include changes…

Just accept the game is crap and move on…

Initially I thought bah, this is too much, need to think of simpler fixes like fix existing mechanics to be less of a pain, but then read the examples and kinda tend to agree

TBH like the one I had as an idea is about Lightning Storm = always open under a pulled elite (i.e. the dome never to pop up in an “uninhabited” area), and similarly about the blood blisters - remove them and then put that mechanic on the maggots (baseline) instead… :thinking:

Either way your ideas sound quite cool… Perhaps LE-esque a bit too much, especially the elemental spawns parts but think some of that is a worth a try :slight_smile:

I also thought of one once - buff Orb - buff Orbs are similar to the Lightning Domes but instead of covering area with just a protection from a bad mechanic they actually cast a buff to everything under (both monsters as well as players under)… Players can relatively easily target-fire the Orb and it gets destroyed and recreated over, however there’s a potential reward if the Orb prevails for a next round, i.e.

Every Xth round the buff orb adds a semi-visible item (can see the type, rarity, main stat, and IP but other affixes are hidden) and the player/s can either keep the orb buffing up thus it will replace the item with a higher IP one but the buffs under get stronger and stronger with each buffed Orb round

Say round 1 = 15% more MS/AS, round 2 = 25 MS/AS, round 3 = 15% more AoE radius and round 2 bonus, round 4 = 25% more AoE radius round 3, round 5 = round 4 bonus + 15% CDR/cast-frequency, round 6 = 30% CDR/cast-frequency and rd4, e.t.c. eventually you get say round 10 where you get 5 lvl2 buffs for everything under and the item in the Orb becomes a guaranteed unique

Something like this is somewhat more D4-esque and would work for the game without feeling like a complete overhaul (I think) :slight_smile:

I refuse to quit! Must keep going!